It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought game: What would a future revolutionary/civil war in the US look like (2020-2030)?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sine.nomine

On location since its low budget. We have two small investors for the first few episode and then hope to crowd source the rest. It will be shot, likely around lake cherokee, gatlinburg and the smokeys in Tennessee, and then some scenes closer to my home in Ohio/Kentucky. We have a few very minor scenes that will incorporate blue/green screen in the woods, but it will only be background cgi. All other effects will be conventional.

More direct to your question it will be a mix of majority in the woods and shooting in small towns for some scenes.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MrSpad

I figure that it an atmosphere where there will be a lot of people turning the rebels in, but also support. Like it's big enough that there are tens of thousands of these groups and a sort of underground railroad for them, but they are being busted regularly. Sort of like if occupy (but not occupy, let that be clear) fought. The people would be very disenchanted with the government, the rebels would not target civilians at all and that would be obvious and discussed online. Some people would buy the terrorist line by the media, some would not. It would be in a future where martial law is likely in parts of the country due to some devastating attack that led to a war. So the country would be in disarray before the rebellion. There also would be some kind of attack on protestors and civilians locked up that led to the attack (I don't want to reveal too much of the plot online, I assure there will be some very interesting ideas and scenes that will make it a very interesting watch, and it will appeal to more than just the ats crowd).

We are talking about a future where there are so many problems that rebellion by a small portion of the population is more likely than not.
edit on 10-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Well the problem is the police/military/gov would fortify itself and make it almost impossible to target after the first couple times. This is what traditionaly happens so rebel groups who can not go toe to toe with the military then have to begin to target civilians. This of course will cause many of them to hate them but, if they continue to do so and the Goverment can not or does not leave the safety of its hard zones the population loses confidence in said goverment. This is why unless your lucky like in Syria have the Army come over to your side groups always target civilians. If your not with us you with them and they can not protect you is the message. And for that you have to very dedicated to your cause.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yeah.. that's part of the story. The group it follows who is moral and does everything to keep it righteous discusses rumors of a group of rebels in another patt of the country that use unconventional weapons and also rape/kill civilans and how they are messing things up. However the police are doing things crookes too trying to expose sympathizers. It I supposed to drag on for a decade/decades. Like I said, as realistic as possible and the movie is just a detail of the story. I also figure its inevitable that some military would join in or more advances weapons would get into the hands of rebels.
So if the militart, even a portion defects or can't be used, do you think the US would bring in any foreign allies? Do you think armed drones would be allowed?

Ignore the spelling. I hate touch phones.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MrSpad

Yeah.. that's part of the story. The group it follows who is moral and does everything to keep it righteous discusses rumors of a group of rebels in another patt of the country that use unconventional weapons and also rape/kill civilans and how they are messing things up. However the police are doing things crookes too trying to expose sympathizers. It I supposed to drag on for a decade/decades. Like I said, as realistic as possible and the movie is just a detail of the story. I also figure its inevitable that some military would join in or more advances weapons would get into the hands of rebels.
So if the militart, even a portion defects or can't be used, do you think the US would bring in any foreign allies? Do you think armed drones would be allowed?

Ignore the spelling. I hate touch phones.

You would never bring in foriegn troops if you were suppose to be in power unless you were desperate for two reasons. One it screams weakness. Two it is much easier to rally support againt foriegn troops than your own. One option that is commonly used to is to create citizen militias or vigilate groups that would be used against the rebels. Home defense units etc. Because use of the regular army would be a sign things were very bad. However this being based in the US you would have the National Guard factor. State controled they can be used for whatever the Govenor needs. That complicates things a bit however you could always cover that by saying they have all been called up for federal service for whatever conflict is happening.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Okay. I was thinking about Nato because I was figuring you couldnt use US military, but tou couls bring in nato or un peace keepers. Plus the government would bw denying a revolution and calling the rebels domestic terrorists. I did figure on coast guard (Kent state ans elswhere) .

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The national guard shouldn't complicate it too much. They could be introduced in areas where there are more rebels and fighting is more intense.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MrSpad

Okay. I was thinking about Nato because I was figuring you couldnt use US military, but tou couls bring in nato or un peace keepers. Plus the government would bw denying a revolution and calling the rebels domestic terrorists. I did figure on coast guard (Kent state ans elswhere) .

Well the US is vast and has many territories. You could have the US bring in the Puerto Rican, Virgin Island, and Guam National guard units. Also you could have the US raise units from those places as well as Guam, American Somoa, Mariana Islands all US territories that would be unlikely to be involved in any unrest on the mainland. The Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of the Marshall Islands and Republic of Palau are also small nations that are in compacts of free association with the United States so you could recruit units from their as well just as the US currently does but, you would do it in a much larger scale in all those places. That way you have some additional manpower that is techniacally still american. I could never see the US calling outsider like NATO or the UN unless they were on the verge of collapse because then US gov would no longer have power it would now answer to others.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Actually that makes sense, and Peurto Rican national guard would work equal to NATO members for one of my plot points. Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join