It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My doctor is angry at me for refusing let him treat a skin condition i have.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Toastbuster

Try avoiding Carrageenan in foods, it is inflamatory. Eat more raw yellow onions in stuff the Quercetin neutralizes the inflamatories. If you don't like onions much, try dill pickles. Dill is high in it too.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That wouldn't surprise me, a whole year! I know I choose to take NOTHING prescription, as I seem to suffer all sorts of side effects. I am currently about 7 weeks pregnant, and I saw a GP when I first found out to get the initial bloods out of the way, I put on a bit (a lot) of weight on while pregnant with my daughter, having gone from eating disorders, to eating well - and she grilled me about my blood pressure, made me take an early glucose test, etc etc, because I'm bigger (and taller) than most, she assumed I must have a whole assortment of issues. Blood pressure 101/71, cholesterol was fine, and glucose test passed with flying colours, she was surprised to say the least! I think once you are prescribed something, like blood pressure pills, or cholesterol pills, anything really - it's a downward slope! You go from taking one thing a day, to needing a couple more, etc etc, and then need more to counteract the side effects from the other ones. The only thing I lacked was Vit D, as I prefer to stay out of the sun being super fair skinned. So I just take my pregnancy ulti, a vit D & magnesium supplement, and that's it.

It's just a slippery slope!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You have not idea how many prescriptions my doctor try to push on me because my insurance covers almost everything.
I do like others said I take the prescriptions and shove them in a drawer in the kitchen.

The last time I saw her she wanted me to be on cholesterol pills even when my cholesterol was normal, on antidepressants, anti anxiety, and hormone replacements because I am already pre menopause and on two or three blood pressure pills because one is not enough, on COPD medication because I complain of cough.

After sitting in the waiting room listening by mistake the lady next to me naming about 15 different medications she was taken I decided that I will never be money making ginea pig for big pharma.

Everytime you fill a prescription the doctor gets an incentive.

......was in an ER once with someone i was taking care of and in the next room I heard the ER doctor say..

"Mame.....no wounder you're having metal problems.. are you absolutely sure these are the pills your doctor is prescribing you .. if so .. there's no LESS than 30 different types of meds here.. some should NOT be taken with others.. " he walked out of the room shaking his head and looked pretty pissed off ..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
reply to post by marg6043

That wouldn't surprise me, a whole year! I know I choose to take NOTHING prescription, as I seem to suffer all sorts of side effects. I am currently about 7 weeks pregnant, and I saw a GP when I first found out to get the initial bloods out of the way, I put on a bit (a lot) of weight on while pregnant with my daughter, having gone from eating disorders, to eating well - and she grilled me about my blood pressure, made me take an early glucose test, etc etc, because I'm bigger (and taller) than most, she assumed I must have a whole assortment of issues. Blood pressure 101/71, cholesterol was fine, and glucose test passed with flying colours, she was surprised to say the least! I think once you are prescribed something, like blood pressure pills, or cholesterol pills, anything really - it's a downward slope! You go from taking one thing a day, to needing a couple more, etc etc, and then need more to counteract the side effects from the other ones. The only thing I lacked was Vit D, as I prefer to stay out of the sun being super fair skinned. So I just take my pregnancy ulti, a vit D & magnesium supplement, and that's it.

It's just a slippery slope!

*grin*.. yea.. my very first doctor I went to out of high school many moons ago .. nearly fainted when he said that my cholesterol was perfect .. and asked what my daily diet was .. I said.. " well.. for 10years it's been Raw milk, eggs, beef, chicken, pork, rabbit .. and that was just the outside of the animal... "

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
No one has said the obvious :
GET A NEW DOCTOR

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I would have just said "Okay." and then never filled the prescription.

I've done that a few times just to shut the doctor up. Eventually I changed doctors and found some who respect my right to do what I wish with my own body.

My doctor would get angry because I refused cholesterol medications. In fact, voices got raised.
I changed doctors. Found one that was more respectful towards me and didn't have an ego problem.

Doctors probably kill as many people as they save in this country. Really.
I've been misdiagnosed and given wrong meds more times than I care to remember ....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'd go to a rheumatologist and get some bloodwork done.
Not all skin rashes are just rashes that need skin creme.
Like was mentioned .... check for LUPUS or SJOGRENS or other autoimmune.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I highly doubt if it would be Lupus. That disease is pretty rare.

Not that rare. 1/12 of people worldwide have some form of autoimmune disease.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree, there are a lot of harmless spots etc on people bodies that are there for no sinister reason. Being of 100% celtic background, myself, and basically everyone in my family suffers from keratosis pilaris, mostly just on upper arms, (partly why I covered them in tattoos) and some have them on thighs, but get constantly asked 'do you have goosebumps?' keratosis pilaris - If I went to a dr for them, there isn't really anything that can be done, a dermatologist could be of some help - but I have a friend who has spend hundreds on trying to get rid of them, with no luck. You've just got to deal with the skin you live in!

It really is all about kickbacks, I have zero trust for GPs and only visit when necessary and need something that's not available without prescription. I would have just smiled, taken his prescription, and never filled it, and gone to a different doc next time I needed something.

my daughter has that...you can try over the counter amilactin cream (has latic acid which breaks down those plugs ) or mix yogurt and pinapple together and apply

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't want my spots to go away.. Infact if there was a way to turn them from red to black i would do it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But less than one half of one percent of Americans will have lupus. It is only one of many autoimmune diseases. I have AIP which can be controlled by diet, My brother has alkalizing Spondalitis which can be controlled by diet, and my sister had rheumatoid Arthritis which could have been controlled by diet if I would have known what I know now before she died. The thing is, I have studied our genetics extensively, my information may not apply to others.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Toastbuster
I don't want my spots to go away.. Infact if there was a way to turn them from red to black i would do it.

One word. Ok maybe three.

Tattoos...expensive though

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join