It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to give six television news interviews on Monday as Syria vote looms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
President Obama is going to 'pre-tape' 6 interviews with 6 TV stations Monday.

Those interviews apparently will 'air' late afternoon and evening.

He's doing this a day ahead of his announced 'speech' Tuesday, and ahead of Congressional votes.

It will undoubtedly be another 'butter-up' attempt, since all efforts so far have been failure.

It will be interesting to watch his acting tactics when presented with different questions from different interviewers.

Is it possible that the 'questions' will be 'pre-approved' or 'recommended' by the White House ?

I can't wait for the drama and suspense.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama will give interviews on Monday to the three network news anchors, as well as to anchors from PBS, CNN, and Fox, more evidence of a "full court press" strategy ahead of pivotal congressional votes on military strikes in Syria.

Obama to give six television news interviews on Monday as Syria vote looms

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This will be him telling you what will be happening, not asking which is how it should be done. He will lay out the plan, not ask for permission and try to persuade. Why Monday? Why wait? Is it not spontaneous and non scripted? No. It takes time to memorize.
edit on 8-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It'll be a bunch of BS as usual. Since most people do not support the use of force, I am curious the types of questions that will be asked by the various stations (especially MSNBC, which I used to love, now hate). Sure Fox will give him some fast balls, but he'll just talk around them. Just like politicians do.

But what I really want to see (but probably won't watch) is the PBS one. I like PBS. They're generally no BS, no nonsense when it comes to things, but I am almost certain Obama will pull the usual politician's no answer, round-about, indirect-nonanswers to whatever is asked.

Will the questions be pre-approved? Hmm, I'm sure they'll have to submit a list but i doubt they'll be "pre-approved" per se. He'll be able to BS whatever is thrown with the usual politician's answer, even in the face of a direct question.

"But do you have proof Assad ordered it?"
(Obama voice) "Look, we know Assad is a dictator...who has...uh, has killed his own people. We know...uh, he...has WMDs. The videos coming out of Syria...show the people he's gassed. We know that. The evidence is there. Now, we cant just sit by.." Blah blah

It's a big circus. If you've seen ANY speech on ANY serious, you can predict this one.

Great speaker or not, a lot of BS will be regurgitated.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Pre-taped responses? The decision has already been made.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
what!!!
he wont even show us the decency of speaking live?
we arent even worth that?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Kerry nor Obama have been able to answer the most reasonable straight forward questions so what makes anyone think they will be able to do so now? Are you 100% confident that those who will be helped by this are our allies? Simple yes or not instead of "huh we are pretty sure". If so how do you know this? Can you assure us that this will not cause more harm than good (increased terror threat to US citizens; setting in motion conditions where Iran will strike Israel, etc)? Will there be boots on the ground? Yes or no and justify instead of "no but its always a possibility? Because that doesn't mean no. How is this going to help other than it will send a message and deter others from thinking its ok? Other than weakening Assad which you cannot conclusively state wouldn't place the weapons into even worse hands. Will you bypass congress if they say no? Yes or no. What do you think about other human rights abuses around the world that are even more severe? How is Syria a threat to the US ? Don't you think its more of a threat if we shoot some rockets across the bow? For our relationship with Russia, China; potential progress with Iran? For further creating enemies of the US?

He will dance around them all with indirect answers or answers that play on emotion and are meant to persuade. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I don't see these questions being answered truthfully without hurting his chances. Its all about selling; bringing us all to his side because he doesn't know how to not get his way. We won't hear, "the American people have spoken". He will get his way with Syria now or later

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I want to peel it off and look at the deeper layer :

Everytime he pulled out something that will affect our lifes, he did it regardless our opinion. Even more, for many people he takes decisions transgressing our constitutional rights.

Why he is so interest in convince us to support him now?

I sense this war with Syria is an excuse for something else, beyond the chemical weapons, beyond oil, beyond terrorists.

The whole world is telling him not to attack Syria, but he still wants to do it. Maybe this war will bring the conditions he needs to take other actions, like the feared martial law.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Maybe those pre-taped responses are full of subliminal messages to brainwash us.

Just in case, after watching them, come back to ATS and read your own comments. See if your point of view changed.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ok, let get this straight, Obama is to make six television interviews, "pre-taped" about why we the US have a moral obligation to attack Syria and we the tax payer have to pay for it, right?

Then this so call "interviews" like another poster pointed out are not even live, so no questions to be asked and all the interviews are already screened for the desirable questions and answers.

So I will be very accurately if I say that, this is nothing but bull crap propaganda and we need to suck it up and be quiet right?

So, this isn't how dictatorship regimes works? I mean the public only have to listen but no ask questions, right?

What a joke our nations government has become.

The warmongers profiteers most me really getting antsy about selling an attack and no been going like they want it to be.

Well in my books Mr. Obamacaca can take the" interviews" and shove them up the rear ends of the profiteers for what I care.

And if he even hint that Quatar and Saudi Arabia are to pay for the attacks we will know who is running this nation and soon our Military, because when a nation can not afford its wars it means that it doesn't have sovereignty anymore.

Time to take our government back, for the people and by the people.
Take that one for the books NSA
edit on 8-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

The somethibg else you are concerned about is attackibg Iran. Thats thw goal. They can drag them in using this. Thats why McCain is soooo into it and rollibg his eyes at town hall meetibgs.

He is tryjng to persuade people because the government has never in history seen such agreemet by the American public. This could lead to world war and civil uprising. When has 91 percent of the population here EVER agreed. That percentage has never gotten together before.

It will be sickening if hw tries to convince more Americans to support a strikw by using thw argument (lie) that more Americans are coming around and lying about the percwntage of people that oppose it. You know, tell a lie enough and people will believe it (especially internation puvlic opinion).
edit on 8-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by Taissa

Maybe those pre-taped responses are full of subliminal messages to brainwash us.

Just in case, after watching them, come back to ATS and read your own comments. See if your point of view changed.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

Maybe we should just not watch it. We can pull a 2 year old technique too. Don't give him our attention.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I agree, I definitely will not be supporting this concocted propaganda, but I am sure that I will hear all about it here in ATS, so no need to waste my time and mind on TV agenda crap.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I just wanted to share this video of a test audience from Obama's prepared remarks. This test audience was used to judge the truthfulness and sincerity of President Obama. I don't want to name my source, but will divulge if required. (Ok, it was Anderson Cooper, I promised him a coffee date with Sheppard Smith, don't ask. . . )

Ok, here's the video. . .

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I tell you what beezzer, I am not laughing like that but that I am laughing my butt off on this coming videos is an under statement.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Recorded Monday.....

To be played on air at 9pm EST, on all major networks at once..

Why do I have flashbacks to videos I've seen of Churchill, Bush Sr, Jr.

Desert Shield..

9/11...

"blah blah blah... war!"..

(flip to live footage of bombs and rockets )

-----OR------
What might happen between now and Tuesday night...

There is an interview with Assad to be aired Monday morning..

"No such thing as coincidence....."
edit on 2013-09-09T02:46:26-05:0013294626 by cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I know this is a kinda far out there thought but hey this is ATS...

What if these messages from the prez are Pre recorded because he will be tucked away somewhere nice and safe in some secret bunker.

new topics

top topics

join