It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Losing their Homes over Unpaid Tax Bills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum. I also realize I didn't use the exact title of the piece since doing so wouldn't convey the meat of the piece.

Left with Nothing

Any time I hear of a person losing their home due to not paying their serf fees it makes my blood BOIL!

Do NOT tell me I live in a free country when an individual can purchase a home/property with cash and then eventually be evicted from said property for not paying their taxes on said property. There is NOTHING free about that!

Rather than be banned for saying what I really think, I will refrain. However, if there were ever a legitimate reason for revolt, this would be at the top of the list.

I would love those of you government sycophants who will spew whatever rhetoric you have been programmed regarding this type of behavior follow your tripe with how you figure those who founded this nation would view this predation on its citizens.

May any and all involved with this predatory behavior receive what they deserve both now and in the afterlife.

Despicable.
edit on 8-9-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Any time I hear of a person losing their home due to not paying their serf fees it makes my blood BOIL!

Yeah, I don't think the majority realize that you can't tax someone's property--those kinds of policies fall under feudalism, which is what we fought the revolutionary war over.

People love making excuses for the government that bends them over.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The subject of tax reform was extensively debated by the Founders of our country. I do not know if other participants in these Hearings have take the time to research the accounts of these historical debates when formulating the suggestions they will present to this Committee, but, having researched the Founders' original tax reform package, I am inclined to believe its fundamental principals are as valid today as when they were put into practice over two hundred years ago.

Our nation's first revenue raising Act was "...in a certain sense a second Declaration of Independence; and by a coincidence which could not have been more striking or more significant, it was approved by President Washington on the fourth day of July, 1789." [See, Twenty Years of Congress, James G. Blaine, 1884, Vol. 1, page 185]

James Madison, in discussing this Act before Congress identified a fundamental principal concerning the power delegated to Congress to lay and collect taxes:

"...a national revenue must be obtained; but the system must be
such a one, that, while it secures the object of revenue it shall not be
oppressive to our constituents."

The Act went on to imposed taxes, not on Congress' constituents, but on specific "goods, wares, and merchandise, imported into the United States", and not one dime was raised under the Act by internal taxation! Internal taxes were frowned upon by the Founders, especially when a national revenue could be had by requiring foreigners to pay for the privilege of doing business on American soil!

LINK
edit on 8-9-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I totally feel your sentiments and logic. People say the sovereign citizens are crazy and lazy and their logic is hazy but what it all boils down to is ownership. Who really owns anything? Even as you think you own a house, you really don't.... It's called tenural ownership. There is no such thing as "owning" anything in America because they can take it away at any time. If we truly owned something then why are we paying taxes?
Where is our allodial rights? Where is our land patents?
That's why home "ownership" programs by the gov't is just a really big ponzi scheme. What is the difference between owning land if you can not do what you want on your own land or that you still have to pay taxes to the king ( our gov't)?
I, Thus far have concluded that land ownership is dead, null and void and a complete waste of fiat money :-)
So if you don't believe me just look up allodial land, land patents and property taxes.

It is at the illusion of ownership that we become serfs and peasants in the land of the quasi free. The best way to run a prison is to make the prisoner think he is not in a prison.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
Yeah, I don't think the majority realize that you can't tax someone's property--those kinds of policies fall under feudalism, which is what we fought the revolutionary war over.

People love making excuses for the government that bends them over.

Well said. People do love making excuses for the criminals that are subjecting them. Huxley would be proud of what has happened considering he predicted it. He predicted that people would eventually love their servitude. How prescient of him considering how ridiculous it sounds.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Once again we see the malevolence of government.

We need to demand reductions in personnel, property and funding at all levels, there is no other solution.

You can't fix evil, just do what you can to make it impotent.

edit on 8-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greencmp

Once again we see the malevolence of government.

Is there anything more malevolent than government? They kiss you and promise you everything you can imagine all the while building your cage and getting your shackles ready.

At least common criminals are "honest" in their intent for criminal behavior.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Is there anything more malevolent than government? They kiss you and promise you everything you can imagine all the while building your cage and getting your shackles ready.

At least common criminals are "honest" in their intent for criminal behavior.

You could have been talking about my ex wife!

Anyhow, I live in a small town in PA that has the county courthouse. Now we also have a sheriffs department sitting right next to the courthouse. Do you know what they do?

Transport prisoners to and from the courthouse and deliver eviction notices and liens from the bankers to the citizens whom pay their salaries!!!!!

I try to get people riled up about it, but people are so damn blind to what is happening around them...........sigh...

The War is about to begin. We have a government whom has sold us out to corporations and the banksters, and we have our police departments being taught that WE are the enemy.............just sitting and waiting for the big explosion that brings this country of fake freedom and liberty to it's knees......
edit on 8-9-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I have a personal experience with this one. Long story short when my hubby retired from the US army in 2010 we received a sizeable back pay from retirement. 6 months worth of pay. It was not taxed. We received the pay on Dec 28th. UGH

So we filed our taxes and filed an extension. We paid 90% of what we owed (per HR Block that is what we needed to send with the extension) leaving a $391 balance to be paid in October of 2011. October rolled around we went back to HR block to file our taxes since the extension was up. We signed the documents gave our credit card number and went about our way.

Flash forward to July 2013, we received an intent to place a lein on our bank acct and home for $391.

We went back to HR BLock and they said they filed and had proof, but the $391 was NEVER taken out of our bank acct. So we refiled. I sent a check and mailed the forms.

Flash forward August 2013. Another letter stating I had until September 2 to file or they would levy our assets.

I called them. I was on hold for 45 minutes. I spoke with a nice lady who informed me they received the check but not the form.

They were mailed in the same envelope.

SO I mailed it again. NO CHECK since they already got it.

I waited a week called them back. They didnt receive it.

I mailed it again.

FINALLY they recieved it.

BUT the point is they were going to levy my assets over $391.

Oh and a side note, we just got a bill for $26 in unpaid interest.

RIDICULOUS. TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!

edit on 8-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

So, you now realize first hand that you are nothing more than chattel to a criminal organization that views you as nothing more than a sheep to be sheared.

I have received my share of warning letters from our beloved "leaders". (None of whom I have sworn allegiance to nor agreed upon regarding my servitude to them.)

I don't sweat these threatening letters as much as I once did. I simply envision the eventual destruction of this criminal cabal and look forward to seeing them in the crosshairs they so love to put upon those of us to make their existence possible.

My struggle is with whether I will be merciful with them. As of now, I am fresh out of mercy for them.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I was scared when I got the letters. I couldnt lose my house over $391. Or have my bank accounts frozen. Or have my wages garnished. I have a kid in college I have to support!!

I am on a payment plan now for my 2012 taxes. I cannot get ahead. Why we always owe I have no idea, but, I know a lot of military retirees that are like us and owe a lot of money every single year.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You are not alone. There will be many more on payment plans shortly. Isn't freedom amazing?

You are free to pay your serf fees - or lose all you have. Precisely what our founders planned...NOT!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
No tax confuses and angers me more than property taxes. There is no reason for it that couldn't be made up for in sales tax. We already have our state income taxes for state roads and amenities.

It was never intended to be this way and it remains the biggest kick to Liberty's face to date. We are supposed to be able to own property and that can never be with property taxes in existence and always increasing.

The "lot rent" on my home is ~2k/year.
2000sq. ft. older home in the downtown area. I have a tiny front yard that takes me under 10 minutes to mow. I own 1 foot of property to the left of my house and share a driveway on the other. It's pathetic that the taxes are so high when they shouldn't be more than a few hundred a year (should be 0, actually - for everyone)

Industrial and commercial property tax = OK. That makes sense.
Residential properties should not be taxed at all.

The fact that everyone just seems to go along with this crap baffles the heck out of me.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

They go along with it because they do not understand the implications/importance of owning property.

If there was more focus in schools on the writings and debates of the founders, more people would know and understand.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So you don't feel that your houses and land should be taxed?

Then I assume you would rather pay more taxes out of your childrens McDonalds paychecks?

And some retired person who lives in a McMansion on 1000 acres but only has Social Security pays nothing towards the roads, schools, hospitals, etc?

If you find a totally fair way to charge everyone for government services, run for office. I'll vote for you.

JAK

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Isn't the point of the article to highlight the sale of debt:

For decades, the District placed liens on properties when homeowners failed to pay their bills, then sold those liens at public auctions to mom-and-pop investors who drew a profit by charging owners interest on top of the tax debt until the money was repaid.

But under the watch of local leaders, the program has morphed into a predatory system of debt collection for well-financed, out-of-town companies that turned $500 delinquencies into $5,000 debts — then foreclosed on homes when families couldn’t pay, a Washington Post investigation found.

A la ‘the sovereign debt trial of the century’.
edit on 9/9/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Honestly, no - I don't see a reason to tax residential property. And that goes for the Mansion holders as well(especially if they are on Social Security actually). However, I should clarify that by that, I mean residential property that is a primary residence and not an apartment/profit by lease property. If the building is being used to rent to others for profit, then that would be a taxable commercial property.

What you (and many others) don't understand is, the roads and infrastructure is something that is also subsidized by state income tax and in my suggestion, all other properties rather than residential. Also, the "loss" could well be made up for by an increased sales tax. And perhaps a luxury tax of sorts.

Don't get me started on the funding of schools. An aspect of government I believe is so corrupt that it does more harm than good to our young citizens. The suggestion made by LewsTherinThelamon above would be a nice start.

We should be able to own our private homes and yards without paying Lot Rent for what is now, essentially, an eternity - plenty of time for something to go wrong down the line and lose everything you worked for.

And as JAK mentions above, the sale of debt is the biggest reason property taxes continue to exist in my opinion. For others to take advantage of the average citizen. There should be no liens on people's homes for not paying property taxes. By eliminating residential property taxes, this eliminates that problem. Again, commerce and industry would continue to bear property taxes.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

samkent
So you don't feel that your houses and land should be taxed?

Then I assume you would rather pay more taxes out of your childrens McDonalds paychecks?

And some retired person who lives in a McMansion on 1000 acres but only has Social Security pays nothing towards the roads, schools, hospitals, etc?

If you find a totally fair way to charge everyone for government services, run for office. I'll vote for you.

No, I don't feel I should be taxed for what I supposedly own. How do you own something if it can be taken from you by not paying the master's fees? Do you own anything?

Your McDonald comparison is childish at best...try again.

Some retired person living in a McMansion......priceless. How old are you?

I don't want a way to charge everyone for government services! I want the government put back in the bottle it was originally placed in. If YOU want to have your chin scrubbed, more power to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If you cross the north korean border illegally,you get 12 years hard labor.
If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally you get shot...
2 Americans got 8 years for crossing into Iran.
If you cross over to the US border illegally you get a job
a driver license
food stamps
a place to live
health care
child benefits
Education & tax free business income for 7 years,
No wonder we are in debt.......... AND A FREE PHONE
edit on 10-9-2013 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

2000 are you kidding me, try 3400 per year for a 100 x 50 lot in Canada, Southern Ontario. it sucks. All we get is garbage pickup and snow removal for that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join