It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to the Local Kids? Where Have They Gone To?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I never broke any bones, but I toted around about 5kg's of scabs at any given time, and about 5kg's of dirt.
And bicycle grease and oil.
My old neighborhood today is like a ghost town.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Iwinder

Originally posted by dollukka
Facebook happened..

Now the interaction is online with friends and even with family.. there are games and it has become entertainment mall. Requirement of being at least 12 years old doesn´t matter as parents make facebook accounts to their children... even to their pets.

I must assume you are not joking about the facebook accounts for pets......scary times indeed.

We don't do facebook or any twitter crap or other either.

Great Post
Regards, Iwinder

hey i don't think he is, they already have a tv network for dogs.

DOGTV's subscription-based channel organizes programing into 3 to 6 minutes of relaxing, stimulating and behavior-improving segments that work collaboratively to provide just the right balance for the daily routines of our beloved “stay-at-home” dogs.

DOGTV

first our kids, now our dogs.
edit on 9-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Well said and I think most here agree with you.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

fullkrause
You know I just said this yesterday. I live right outside of Chicago and it was one of the nicest days of the year yesterday and me and my buddies went outside to throw around the football during halftime of the Bears game and there wasn't a kid in sight!! We're 31 years old and that's the only thing we did growing up, you'd have to drag us in the house at night!!!

Your above statement is just what I am talking about. many thanks for adding your observations to this thead.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Toadmund
reply to post by Iwinder

I never broke any bones, but I toted around about 5kg's of scabs at any given time, and about 5kg's of dirt.
And bicycle grease and oil.
My old neighborhood today is like a ghost town.

Laughing here, I recall carrying the same weight in scabs if not more.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I noticed my son falling into a trap of playing Xbox and talking to his "virtual" friends, but never getting outside to actually "see" these virtual friends. I pissed him off at the time, but I took the X box away from him and left him no alternative but to get out and do something outside. Now, 4 years later, he thanks me for doing that. It looked just like an addiction and I treated it like one.
My $.02.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

network dude
I noticed my son falling into a trap of playing Xbox and talking to his "virtual" friends, but never getting outside to actually "see" these virtual friends. I pissed him off at the time, but I took the X box away from him and left him no alternative but to get out and do something outside. Now, 4 years later, he thanks me for doing that. It looked just like an addiction and I treated it like one.
My $.02.

Awesome post, I would like to hear more of these types of stories, you are a good parent.

Thanks for the inside story as a parent to one who is not.
Star,
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join