It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.
That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.
In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

These links speak to theistic evolution.

www.youtube.com...

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

If the above is not convincing enough for you then show me where in this baby evil lives or is a part of it’s nature and instincts.

www.youtube.com...

And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It happens! Depending on who is using the word Evil in the first place. Sometimes doing good in your eyes is evil for another. I really gave up caring about this somewhat.

Even the idea of a said God who in my way of thinking now is not real. That would give the idea of Satan and so forth. Next since everything is blamed on Satan he would win in default since we blame Him on everything!

I've come up with this. We are the fallen one's and we must get our wings back. Mine are as small as a fles, only I have some. Then again that's my idea in my view of things now. You would be surprised on how these small wing's piss people off!

Life can not become Extincted! It will change it's Form for whatever it has too Live.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

"Evil"—I suppose what Christianity would deem evil—is a fact, meaning that it occurs in nature. Commandments are broken consistently. Teachings are not followed. Disobedience is everywhere. All this is not in spite of any teachings or doctrines or tablets of law, but because it simply happens to be that way.

Some might argue, such as those weary and tired of the body, flesh, the physical and the earth itself, true nihilists— Christians—that everything but the supernatural is evil, everything is worthless except for what we cannot see or feel or know—the divine:

John 1
15 Do not love the world or the things that belong to the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him.
16 For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world.

["Comes not from the father but from the world"..isn't the world from the Father, the one who created everything? These sorts of contradictions make no sense, but I digress.]

Physically, we are evil because we are physical and "from the world". It's quite obvious that original sin isn't a curse because of the deeds of Adam, but because we are human, we are a part of nature and where evil comes from.

Physically, I'm quite certain that I can refrain from doing their "evils", and can help but do evil, but I can't help but be their "evil", meaning that I am a "thing in the world", "I belong to the world", I "come not from the Father but from the world", as does everything else.

Good thinking.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have to stop you on this; Evil comes from Nature? Nature has nothing to do with any Evil I know of. That would imply that the Sun is Hell, the star's are nothing more then more Hell's?

How about leaving out Evil and God and saying it Just Is? Or if that's touch-ie.......................Life is it's own Power, it does whatever in way's no man can understand and in doing what it does see's it neither good nor evil.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

How can you help (to not or to do evil)?. There is the Karmic reason, to punish those that may have harmed you in a past life, that you cannot avoid--as in its a balancing of 'terms of agreement' you had with the same soul group you have traveled with for centuries in order to progress each one of your souls (horrible wheel time). There are also others; if you realise you can commit an act of evil and KNOW IT have intent and accept it, there is no penalty. It is only when you doubt the act itself (as in have remorse or guilt) that the penalty applies. Hitler is an example of this thought pattern of absolute rightousness in his foul deeds; if he wound up in a less than positive afterlife (short term) it would be because he was a coward and commited suicide before explaining himself to his world of accusors). One other explaination for evil being allowed to commense is that of freewill by the human but is is explainable. If God wants the true human experience YES IT DOES otherwise never would have created us- (using the human hormonal being as its vehicle) it will have to allow for the both love, and hate and all evil that discribes its forms--crimes of passion, greed, lust, sloth, vanity, etc. Its not all about the positive love vibration, its equally about an experence of the severe negative vibration. Balancing the two, even God hasnt figured this one out. You must have both to cause change, controlled Chaos.

edit on 8-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Evil or Good do not exist until you apply religion or societal standards to actions.

Neither do morals, values, or ethics.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkerpeach
Evil or Good do not exist until you apply religion or societal standards to actions.

Maybe that was God's point all along.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

In God's Mind, there is no punishment, no judgement, no good, no evil, and no sin. God just is. God absolutely does not see the stuff that human's see. What we see are ideas, beliefs, and the way the lower mind thinks. There is something in the East called Karma. People who don't really know what it is believe that Karma is a way for God to punish you, for the Universe to give you a whipping for the "bad" things that you did. Is it really? Nope. Karma is a Universal Law. Have you heard of the Law of Karma? It means that the Universe must balance itself. When people are creating too much negative energy (the Mother Light), it has to readjust itself with positive energy (The Father energy). People's lower selves known as the Ego like to create negative energy or evil as you call it. You can't have too much negative energy or the world be incredibly unbalanced, causing the Earth to create massive Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Storms, etc. It will also cause your next lifetime to be full of negative energy (bad things happen to you) until you change your thoughts and ways. So in order to reduce this negative energy, Mother Earth has to readjust it to positive energy, therefore we have to help do this by doing good things (positive energy).

Just like a battery, you have positive and negative electricity. If you have too much of one polarity, the battery either will be dead or will explode. It is just a Universal Law of Balance. Look deeply within you, see God's Mind and use it. Stop obeying your Ego and you will see the light.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne

"Evil"—I suppose what Christianity would deem evil—is a fact, meaning that it occurs in nature. Commandments are broken consistently. Teachings are not followed. Disobedience is everywhere. All this is not in spite of any teachings or doctrines or tablets of law, but because it simply happens to be that way.

Some might argue, such as those weary and tired of the body, flesh, the physical and the earth itself, true nihilists— Christians—that everything but the supernatural is evil, everything is worthless except for what we cannot see or feel or know—the divine:

John 1
15 Do not love the world or the things that belong to the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him.
16 For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world.

["Comes not from the father but from the world"..isn't the world from the Father, the one who created everything? These sorts of contradictions make no sense, but I digress.]

Physically, we are evil because we are physical and "from the world". It's quite obvious that original sin isn't a curse because of the deeds of Adam, but because we are human, we are a part of nature and where evil comes from.

Physically, I'm quite certain that I can refrain from doing their "evils", and can help but do evil, but I can't help but be their "evil", meaning that I am a "thing in the world", "I belong to the world", I "come not from the Father but from the world", as does everything else.

Good thinking.

Thanks for this.

You indicate that you "and can help but do evil".

How so?

You like all of us have likely competed for resources/jobs to live. The losers to that competition would see their lose as evil.

If you happen to live where there are safety nets you may not have done a huge evil to them but if you live where there are none then they could have died. In fact, if you continues the chain of loses and look at the big picture, someone will die. Right?

So how can you stop doing evil if you must compete for resources?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach

I agree.

What does that have to do with the issues of the O P?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

ctophil

In God's Mind, there is no punishment, no judgement, no good, no evil, and no sin. God just is. God absolutely does not see the stuff that human's see.

I stopped reading here for the moment to ask how exactly it is you know what God thinks like and what is in his mind.

All major churches say that God is unfathomable yet you seem to fathom quite a bit.

Please explain how?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Greatest I am

ctophil

In God's Mind, there is no punishment, no judgement, no good, no evil, and no sin. God just is. God absolutely does not see the stuff that human's see.

I stopped reading here for the moment to ask how exactly it is you know what God thinks like and what is in his mind.

All major churches say that God is unfathomable yet you seem to fathom quite a bit.

Please explain how?

Regards
DL

There are many spiritual levels while you are on Earth. People range from recognizing and believing in God to becoming ONE with God. But becoming ONE with God is in itself has many levels. So what exactly is becoming ONE with God? People may not remember nor realize that they are already ONE with God. So they just gotta train their mind and heart to get back to becoming ONE with Him. What is this ONENESS that I keep saying? How do you do it?

First let me explain that the churches are at their own spiritual level. They believe in God. They believe in the spiritual scriptures known as the Bible. They believe in salvation. They believe that God is a being so far ahead in knowledge and wisdom, so they bow and worship Him. However, at this spiritual level, they still think God and themselves are separate beings. That's why they think they need a being like Jesus to save them. With this separation comes the belief that God is unfathomable. Yes, God is very powerful. God is Omniscience and Omnipresent. Like us, He also has a mind. 99% of the humans on Earth use what I call the Mind of Man. This mind comes from the Soul. And the Soul created the Ego. Some people call the Ego the Lower Mind or Lower Self. And most people go through their entire lives with only the utilization of the Ego.

Enough with the Ego. Let's talk about a different Mind altogether. Let's talk about the Mind of God or Christ Consciousness. As you raise your understanding of God, you will eventually utilize the Mind of God to a certain extent. You realize that the Kingdom of Heaven is within you. You realize that God is not so far away, but just within your heart and mind. You figured out you are just a part of God's mind. It's like an "Aha! experience." An enlightenment. At this spiritual level, you were introduced to the Mind of God. This mind is outside of the Ego. It is the perfect Mind that has the Kingdom of Heaven, knowledge and wisdom that only God uses. Meeting with the Mind of God is only the very beginning. From there, you learn to put on the Mind of God and use it. Slowly and surely, you are merging your own Conscious Self and mind into the Christ Consciousness. You go from a naive person, into an adept, then a mystic, and finally into a Master who has put on the fullness of the Christ Consciousness. These different aptitudes in the previous sentence shows the growing up process of your spiritual level. The churches have been stuck in their spiritual level for over 2,000 years. They don't grow. They may think they are growing. But they are not. Their Ego is blinding them so they can't move forward in spirituality.

I have become ONE with God in Mind and in Spirit. My slow merging started years ago, maturing into a spiritual level you see today. I use the Mind of God 24 hours a day. Sometimes, my Ego still tries to take over. But by using the Mind of God or Christ Consciousness over the years, my ONENESS with God has gotten deeper and deeper. Becoming ONE with God takes time, one step at a time. Even when you are just introduced to the Mind of God, you will have a great understanding of His Mind. So when you have reached complete ONENESS, then you will no longer exist on Earth, but be there right next to God. Because guess what? Your Lower Mind or Ego has been completely gone.

edit on 9/10/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
ctophil

ctophil
Soul created the Ego. Some people call the Ego the Lower Mind or Lower Self. And most people go through their entire lives with only the utilization of the Ego.

I have become ONE with God in Mind and in Spirit. My slow merging started years ago, maturing into a spiritual level you see today. I use the Mind of God 24 hours a day. Sometimes, my Ego still tries to take over. But by using the Mind of God or Christ Consciousness over the years, my ONENESS with God has gotten deeper and deeper. Becoming ONE with God takes time, one step at a time. Even when you are just introduced to the Mind of God, you will have a great understanding of His Mind. So when you have reached complete ONENESS, then you will no longer exist on Earth, but be there right next to God. Because guess what? Your Lower Mind or Ego has been completely gone.

I think the question needs to be answered as in how you came about your enlightenment is all. The destruction of ego as the PMR (physical matter reality) must be accomplished because all false belief systems live within this safety zone of comfort and reasurrance. We all have them its typical as in it allows us not not live in constant fear of the unknown as it we familarize ourselves into thinking "this is a truism" whether it be socialized/cultural or a religious ritual indoctrinated. What I think Greatest I Am is asking is merely how do you come about your knoweledge? I would ask you this: are you meditating only to achieve 'one' awareness or are you experiencing a full on OOB? Also, are you experiencing a Nonphysical material reality and are you able to distinguish the difference between the NPMR and PMR? Its not a trick question, but I am examining the science of it as a neophyte practitioner. Ego is the most difficult of the lower mind to rid oneself of because all belief systems seem to spring forth from it and always will be false.
edit on 10-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Greatest I am

ctophil

Greatest I Am
I stopped reading here for the moment to ask how exactly it is you know what God thinks like and what is in his mind.All major churches say that God is unfathomable yet you seem to fathom quite a bit.
Please explain how?

All major religions may have not taken a look at other alternatives with a different method of speaking or reaching their creator 'imagined'. They are indoctinized. This type of searching is typically very specific and individualized. No books, not pulpit master standing at the head of class spewing scripture that man wrote. This is a private journey and one that only very brave souls would undertake because your only backup is your own sanity and how much you can grok the unbelievably challenging truisms, remaining open minded and still ready for more of "the looking into the abyss" without falling into it and the consequence of the tipover? Madness.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
ctophil

I think the question needs to be answered as in how you came about your enlightenment is all. The destruction of ego as the PMR (physical matter reality) must be accomplished because all false belief systems live within this safety zone of comfort and reasurrance. We all have them its typical as in it allows us not not live in constant fear of the unknown as it we familarize ourselves into thinking "this is a truism" whether it be socialized/cultural or a religious ritual indoctrinated. What I think Greatest I Am is asking is merely how do you come about your knoweledge? I would ask you this: are you meditating only to achieve 'one' awareness or are you experiencing a full on OOB? Also, are you experiencing a Nonphysical material reality and are you able to distinguish the difference between the NPMR and PMR? Its not a trick question, but I am examining the science of it as a neophyte practitioner. Ego is the most difficult of the lower mind to rid oneself of because all belief systems seem to spring forth from it and always will be false.

Well, normally, I don't want to talk about my own spiritual journey too much. Because many folks tend to compare themselves to me, and their ego will start to get emotional if you know what I mean. With that, I can say that I've had many Angels, Masters, and Guides teach me things in out of body experiences since I was a kid. Apparently, I have trained spiritually in my previous lives. So it was already easy for me in this lifetime. They usually show up as an ascended being dressed up in regular human clothes, teaching me these difficult parables and symbols. But as I continued to open my mind to things beyond religion and beyond spiritual concepts on Earth through meditation, prayer, and focus on God in my daily life, the teachings got much more elaborate and complex. The Ascended beings started to show up in their glorious forms. As I mastered my 4 bodies (Physical, Emotional, Mental, Identity) by rejecting the Ego and readjust my Psychology, I was able to traverse higher planes and even dimensions to meet and train at their retreats. My Higher Self (God, Mighty I AM Presence) did appear before me in my higher bodies to teach me as well. This signifies the beginning of my merger with the Mind of God. That process goes on until I merge completely with God one day. My visits to the higher dimensions allowed me to familiarize myself with the environment and develop a deeper understanding of God and who I AM.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

How so?

Tough Question.

This is where I differ from Christians. I don't subscribe to their version of Evil, for instance the seven deadly sins. I feel jealousy, I feel sloth, I feel envy and so forth, except I do not act on them. Evil to me would be an irrational response to these natural tendencies, whereas I think christianity would see these natural tendencies themselves as evil, and therefor us as well.

edit on 11-9-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

ctophil

Greatest I am

ctophil

Please explain how?

Regards
DL

There are many spiritual levels while you are on Earth. People range from recognizing and believing in God to becoming ONE with God. But becoming ONE with God is in itself has many levels. So what exactly is becoming ONE with God? People may not remember nor realize that they are already ONE with God. So they just gotta train their mind and heart to get back to becoming ONE with Him. What is this ONENESS that I keep saying? How do you do it?

First let me explain that the churches are at their own spiritual level. They believe in God. They believe in the spiritual scriptures known as the Bible. They believe in salvation. They believe that God is a being so far ahead in knowledge and wisdom, so they bow and worship Him. However, at this spiritual level, they still think God and themselves are separate beings. That's why they think they need a being like Jesus to save them. With this separation comes the belief that God is unfathomable. Yes, God is very powerful. God is Omniscience and Omnipresent. Like us, He also has a mind. 99% of the humans on Earth use what I call the Mind of Man. This mind comes from the Soul. And the Soul created the Ego. Some people call the Ego the Lower Mind or Lower Self. And most people go through their entire lives with only the utilization of the Ego.

Enough with the Ego. Let's talk about a different Mind altogether. Let's talk about the Mind of God or Christ Consciousness. As you raise your understanding of God, you will eventually utilize the Mind of God to a certain extent. You realize that the Kingdom of Heaven is within you. You realize that God is not so far away, but just within your heart and mind. You figured out you are just a part of God's mind. It's like an "Aha! experience." An enlightenment. At this spiritual level, you were introduced to the Mind of God. This mind is outside of the Ego. It is the perfect Mind that has the Kingdom of Heaven, knowledge and wisdom that only God uses. Meeting with the Mind of God is only the very beginning. From there, you learn to put on the Mind of God and use it. Slowly and surely, you are merging your own Conscious Self and mind into the Christ Consciousness. You go from a naive person, into an adept, then a mystic, and finally into a Master who has put on the fullness of the Christ Consciousness. These different aptitudes in the previous sentence shows the growing up process of your spiritual level. The churches have been stuck in their spiritual level for over 2,000 years. They don't grow. They may think they are growing. But they are not. Their Ego is blinding them so they can't move forward in spirituality.

edit on 9/10/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

So basically you are saying that yours is the mind of God.
I have no problem with that and went back up to see what you had to say about the O P.

I did not seed anything pertinent.

Care to opine?

Can you help but do evil?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
Greatest I am

ctophil

Greatest I Am
I stopped reading here for the moment to ask how exactly it is you know what God thinks like and what is in his mind.All major churches say that God is unfathomable yet you seem to fathom quite a bit.
Please explain how?

All major religions may have not taken a look at other alternatives with a different method of speaking or reaching their creator 'imagined'. They are indoctinized. This type of searching is typically very specific and individualized. No books, not pulpit master standing at the head of class spewing scripture that man wrote. This is a private journey and one that only very brave souls would undertake because your only backup is your own sanity and how much you can grok the unbelievably challenging truisms, remaining open minded and still ready for more of "the looking into the abyss" without falling into it and the consequence of the tipover? Madness.

Having suffered apotheosis I can relate here. Even being in his mind set I do not speak for God as most think of God as the miracle working super absentee genocidal son murderer. That is why I asked the question.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne

How so?

Tough Question.

This is where I differ from Christians. I don't subscribe to their version of Evil, for instance the seven deadly sins. I feel jealousy, I feel sloth, I feel envy and so forth, except I do not act on them. Evil to me would be an irrational response to these natural tendencies, whereas I think christianity would see these natural tendencies themselves as evil, and therefor us as well.

edit on 11-9-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

No argument on this.

My issue is more evolution than naming any one sin.

You have not told me how you would get away from doing evil though, when you compete, as we all must for resources of jobs.

The last time you competed and won, you did evil to someone from their POV as the loser to that competition.

Is there away around that?
Can you help but do evil as you compete to survive?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

ctophil

vethumanbeing
ctophil

Well, normally, I don't want to talk about my own spiritual journey too much. Because many folks tend to compare themselves to me, and their ego will start to get emotional if you know what I mean. With that, I can say that I've had many Angels, Masters, and Guides teach me things in out of body experiences since I was a kid. Apparently, I have trained spiritually in my previous lives. So it was already easy for me in this lifetime. They usually show up as an ascended being dressed up in regular human clothes, teaching me these difficult parables and symbols. But as I continued to open my mind to things beyond religion and beyond spiritual concepts on Earth through meditation, prayer, and focus on God in my daily life, the teachings got much more elaborate and complex. The Ascended beings started to show up in their glorious forms. As I mastered my 4 bodies (Physical, Emotional, Mental, Identity) by rejecting the Ego and readjust my Psychology, I was able to traverse higher planes and even dimensions to meet and train at their retreats. My Higher Self (God, Mighty I AM Presence) did appear before me in my higher bodies to teach me as well. This signifies the beginning of my merger with the Mind of God. That process goes on until I merge completely with God one day. My visits to the higher dimensions allowed me to familiarize myself with the environment and develop a deeper understanding of God and who I AM.

When I advanced and forced my apotheosis, one clear message or direction of thought was given to me and I pass it on when opportunity strikes.

As an advance soul, I would think that you would have received some such thing as well or been taught some main point to hang your theology or philosophy on.

Mine was only two words but they had a huge impact. I will trade you. You first.

Care to share whatever striking message you would like to give for our enlightenment?

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join