It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who built these ancient metal pipes deep inside a mountain cave?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:
Q

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Assuming the tree-root theory...one might consider it a posibility that the tree roots were filtering out the brine and excess metals present in the lake, resulting in a concretion of salty metallics around the root bark (for lack of a better term).

Tree dies, organic core rots, shifting of earth (and, yes, rock) separates former tree root into mysterious crushed tubes of varying diameter for inquisitive Chinese guys to find. Pretty neat package.

EIther that, or they've found the ruins of Arkngthand. +1 for the Dwemer theory.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Perhaps an ancient mining operation? Perhaps the water was used for cooling of some sort? Sea water also conducts electricity more than fresh water. Whomever was using these pipes had advanced knowldge of metallurgy and processing.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

TheDoctor46
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well it certainly ain't my plumber!!...On a serious note i find that absolutely incredible. I love stuff like this. Im not sure about aliens, But maybe when we were more technologically advanced than we are today

More and more, I am starting to lean to this type of thinking. Now that we ARE sending information through time (Albeit on super insignifcant scale for now) it is getting easier for me to think somewhere down the line we will begin the sequence of time travel and who is to say previous versions of humanity hadn't gotten there, too and maybe lost it all? Since space-proporsional (relative to Earth) time travel may one day be possible, it starts to actually serve as Occam's Razor vs. the idea of "aliens" sticking pipes into ancient rock and many other strange findings through out the planet.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
what's the name of the mountain and where is it?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Great post as always Slayer!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Who built these ancient metal pipes deep inside a mountain cave?

The rusty tubes, ranging from needle-size to 16 inches in diameter, reach from deep inside the mountain to a saltwater lake 260 feet away. Many of the hollow pipes are uniform in size and seem to be placed purposefully. The ancient objects are embedded deep enough into the mountain wall and floor to preclude modern human handling. The inhospitable environment surrounding the mountain sees only the occasional nomad. Unless these wanderers developed secret advanced metallurgy skills, the pipes were not formed by human hands.

It's one of the great mysteries of the ancient world. Mt. Baigong in the Qinghai Province of China is crowned by a strange pyramid-like structure, full of caves that contain perfectly symmetrical, time-eaten metal pipes. They're inserted deep into the rock, and seem to feed into a nearby lake.

Could it be . . . aliens? According to Atlas Obscura, that's a common belief:

Here you can see the mountain top, and a piece of one of the pipes. There is something deeply uncanny about finding rod-straight metal tubes in an ancient rock.

And here's the real story.....

This is one for the OOPART crowd. I'm sure there are a few out there who have heard of these 'Pipes' I'm not entirety convinced of the solution given but it's worth a read and further discussion. One wonders about these. I know I have when I first read about them many, MANY moons ago...

So, do you buy this explanation or do we still have a real life mystery?

I never heard of this Slayer, good find. It could be from another epoch (if that long) or tens of thousands of years from another civilization that was advancing and either died off from cataclysm or left the planet. I still believe that we as a people are survivors of an incident that happened 10,000 or 13,000 years ago that destroyed an advanced sea going civilization.

Oh I forgot, I love the new style of the website.
edit on 10-9-2013 by hoghead cheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How about a technologically advanced culture using organic elements. These pipes resemble tree roots in composition, because they were genetically designed from tree roots. Think of all the fun things that could be created out of engineered organic materials. The heart is a fair pump, why not a similar muscle to pump liquids for other purposes. Great for the environment, wear it out and just toss it into the compost pile.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
that is some cool stuff.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Bybyots
It gets a little bit stranger, and I have a personal theory as to why, which I'll share in a sec.

If you look around on the web for "Baigong Pipes", you will find this image commonly associated with them...

Link

Give it a try. The thing that I find interesting is that in China those are "pipes"

But in America, and everywhere else, it is called basalt with columnar jointing, here is Devil's Postpile in California...

For the past several years or more, China seems to be doing everything it can to inculcate a culture of Woo. I am just as suspicious of anything "supernatural" coming out of China these days as I am anything coming out of Russia.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Bybyots because: .

Yeah, that looks nothing like the pipes above. Looks like a tourmaline cluster you posted there...
Looks nothing like pipes. Sorry.

The bottom picture however. Look like rusted pipes. Not tourmaline lol and feldzsparts. Anyways thats what it looks like im the *theory* picture.
Im sticking to the fact these are ancient pipes. Not a rock formation.
edit on 12-9-2013 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
edit on 14-9-2013 by 33vibe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
very interesting, i love this kind of thing, thanks for uploading

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If the pipes were found in the mountains, in a cave, then maybe they were draining water for some insidious reason?

Needle sized pipes? That goes against conventional wisdom.

Since the original people are not around anymore to ask, then no answer would suffice. We just don't know why anyone would do this. But if they are petrified roots, then perhaps that's the answer.

But I can't see any reason to make them needle sized. And no, I don't think aliens did it. We give way too much credit to aliens. If the aliens were so much more advanced, why did they come just at that time to make humans advance? Why make us work for gold, why are they not making us work now? Did humans rebel and overcome them?

People back then had practical reasons for doing what they did. We do practical things now.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So that makes sense. Aliens came, put pipes in a mountain to move water, using crappy earth metals. Totally makes sense.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This confuses me

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

1104light

So that makes sense. Aliens came, put pipes in a mountain to move water, using crappy earth metals. Totally makes sense.

Don't shoot the messenger! Slayer always post legit stuff 99% of the time. He didn't do the study, he just informed us of it.

[
]

Edit: F me, did I just feed a troll??

edit on 24-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: aaaaarg, trolls

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMahound

Oh great, no need to read further now that this has been debunked by Wikipedia! Great reference, good research. (shakes head and walks away)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

So the consensus is that these are petrified tree roots?

Tree roots...

Are you flocking kidding me?

*sigh*

Maximus Decimus Meridius is surely turning in his grave...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join