It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who built these ancient metal pipes deep inside a mountain cave?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I really think this is at least our second or maybe third time around this rodeo. I do believe we have grown to approximately where we are right now and digress and destroy ourselves and our civilization all over again. We keep making the same mistakes because we forget what we once knew. Those pipes, I think we built them and then we got stupid again.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

great find as always slayer

i have a question would a magnet stick to this?

if so that would discredit the tree root fossil theory

well worth a flag/star

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I keep thinking that the Chinese have used bamboo for their water pipes for millenia and I wonder if part of the pipe is constructed using bamboo. Also with pipes I bet most would have an organic residue within them because of the food, waste and if outside drainage leaves that would be going through them at any given time.

I will watch and keep an open mind.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns

Awesome Thread! This mountain structure continues to amaze me.

Here is a aerial picture of the pyramid structure that sits near the apex of Mount Baigong,

Two of the three caves at the foot of the mountain have collapsed and are inaccessible. I wonder if these were sealed on purpose?
Here's a pic of the unusually shaped stones that are scattered about the area,

I personally believe that the ancient Chinese civilizations are far more older than modern science tends to accept. I also believe they were influenced by E.T.s.

edit on 8-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

That seconds picture looks very much like the "Pinnacles" in Western Australia...

www.westernaustralia-travellersguide.com...

"Like a Finger pointing to da Moon....Donn loook at da finger, look at da Moon"

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Didn't see this before either, but it seems logical to assume that they are fossilized trees, and the fact that they advance towards a lake suggests these are the roots, all that makes sense to me, plus they contain organic material, are varying ring sizes too, so that wraps it up for me. fossilized tree roots. pity cause I love mysteries too that baffle us all...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

Not sure what to think about it... I've seen AA use this, read about it in another book, but none of dating results were never confirmed or given sources... Not sure why, but just telling that something is ancient just does not cut in anymore...
edit on 9-9-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
OK so the general consensus are 'Roots' through solid rock that have become metal through some type of mineralization?

Aliens seem to have a second place then lost Ancient civs.

I appreciate all the feedback

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I've actually seen this kind of thing in the fossil prep lab.

Tree roots can take on all sorts of unusual shapes (and it's a real nuisance to field digs in paleontology (dinosaurs)). In the field, we have to carefully scrape surfaces to find out the difference between tree and other things -- same in the lab.

Last week we had one object that we thought was a tooth. After 2 hours carefully scribing it out of the rock, it turned out to be a tree root.

Bah!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was always under the impression that they are simply petrified roots.

but it is fun to ponder that perhaps both sides in this argument are somewhat correct.

If someone in the ancient world had knowledge and ability to "grow" these pipes to locate water for them. Rather than having to dig a well through solid rock by hand a plant could do it with ease. Depending on how fast this particular root system would grow, of course.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Who built these ancient metal pipes deep inside a mountain cave?

The rusty tubes, ranging from needle-size to 16 inches in diameter, reach from deep inside the mountain to a saltwater lake 260 feet away. Many of the hollow pipes are uniform in size and seem to be placed purposefully. The ancient objects are embedded deep enough into the mountain wall and floor to preclude modern human handling. The inhospitable environment surrounding the mountain sees only the occasional nomad. Unless these wanderers developed secret advanced metallurgy skills, the pipes were not formed by human hands.

It's one of the great mysteries of the ancient world. Mt. Baigong in the Qinghai Province of China is crowned by a strange pyramid-like structure, full of caves that contain perfectly symmetrical, time-eaten metal pipes. They're inserted deep into the rock, and seem to feed into a nearby lake.

Could it be . . . aliens? According to Atlas Obscura, that's a common belief:

Here you can see the mountain top, and a piece of one of the pipes. There is something deeply uncanny about finding rod-straight metal tubes in an ancient rock.

And here's the real story.....

This is one for the OOPART crowd. I'm sure there are a few out there who have heard of these 'Pipes' I'm not entirety convinced of the solution given but it's worth a read and further discussion. One wonders about these. I know I have when I first read about them many, MANY moons ago...

So, do you buy this explanation or do we still have a real life mystery?

I've seen this thread before but it is fascinating to say the least. My first impression as to the function or purpose of these pipes that run in parallel are that they could be a giant heat sink. Running from the interior of the pyramid above to the lake, some distance away (Just from my personal experience with computers builds and cooling tech.) To what end this construct is designed, If it is artificial in nature, it it very old, we may never know but it is fun to speculate.
I also do not buy into the tree root story as tree roots do not grow in parallel.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by imod02

Thanks for that article, it provides a link to the original story.
It mentions that a sample was retrieved and sent to the Ministry of Metallurgical Industry. The result was 92% common minerals and metals, and 8% of unknown composition. 30 percent of which is ferric oxide with a large amount of silicon dioxide and calcium oxide.
"The large content of silicon dioxide and calcium oxide is a result of long interaction between iron and sandstone, which meansthe pipes must be very old," said Liu Shaolin, the engineer who did the analysis.

It also says, that Samples brought back to the Beijing Institute of Geology were examined by
thermoluminescence dating, a technique that can determine how long it's been since a crystalline mineral was either heated or exposed to sunlight. The result came back that if these were indeed iron pipes that had been smelted, they were made 140-150,000 years ago.

Here is a more recent photo of the cave entrance,

Strange how it appears to be gated off with guards. Must be some real important tree roots.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
I keep thinking that the Chinese have used bamboo for their water pipes for millenia and I wonder if part of the pipe is constructed using bamboo. Also with pipes I bet most would have an organic residue within them because of the food, waste and if outside drainage leaves that would be going through them at any given time.

I will watch and keep an open mind.

nah bamboo wouldn't make good pipes, the liquid would rot the wood within a short amount of time.
they used the same system as persia,which is pretty cool. it's called qanat
very cool system.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

sounds like concretions to me, they do form from iron oxide, calcite, silica and they are common in sandstone. these are the stony cast of roots, impressive casts of roots but they are not pipes.

reason this stuff is protected is, because the chinese government is very protective of any archaeology, geology or historical sites. they don't want anyone to know anything until their propaganda machine can spin it the way they want.

ETA: i'd like to know how they came to the conclusion that the concretions were ever heated. according to most of the stuff i've read on TL, the object needs to be heat to over 350 degrees celsius, that is 680 degrees fahrenheit!
so how did they get the date or even use TL on it? it's in a cave and i doubt it was heated at any time much less 680 degrees, also i read TL requires consistent heating. if the sun was that strong we would all be dead!
for those who would argue it's a pipe? no one would heat it that high, it would warp the pipes.

edit on 9-9-2013 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2013 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I believe this to be the work of the Dwemer.

we all should start to worry when the chinese find the giant centurions guarding it! you think drones are bad? wait till they have scythe-armed steam powered robots!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Yeah I too am unsure how TL would have worked in this situation perhaps someone more familar with that technology could enlighten us.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Question

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns

It also says, that Samples brought back to the Beijing Institute of Geology

What is the date this is suppose to have occurred? I ask as the BIG existed only for a short period of time before being renamed a number of things and is now the China University of Geosciences.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

TheDoctor46

Well it certainly ain't my plumber!!...On a serious note i find that absolutely incredible. I love stuff like this. Im not sure about aliens, But maybe when we were more technologically advanced than we are today

I can't speak for these particular objects but I tend to agree with you.. a friend of mine and I were having a debate.. I suggested that we could have had ancestors that perhaps even had digital tech, or something far better.. My concern is that our current society is doing away with durable structures and paper documents in favor of digital media and structures that don't last long..

Most things you buy these days are literally designed to fail so you buy the next new "thing" when it comes out.. so if something happened to our society that was catastrophic .. what would remain of it in a million years?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Because stone is tought to work with and record stuff on we simply don't have any economical or feasible way to record records in a way that will last 10,000 years if exposed to the environment.

The answer is to keep renewing and protecting what we have.

I would note that a present day IPAD buried in desert near say the Gizah pyramids would be dug up a 100,000 years in the future with its plastic still there, the glass screen - perhaps shattered but there, the frame broken perhaps but there along with everything made of silicon and the bits and pieces of ceramic and gold still looking fine after all the years. (I'm not sure if the battery would still be in recognizable shape-perhaps someone else can comment on the long term stability of an IPAD battery)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

SLAYER69
OK so the general consensus are 'Roots' through solid rock that have become metal through some type of mineralization?

Aliens seem to have a second place then lost Ancient civs.

I appreciate all the feedback

Something that needs to be focused on is the rock around the "pipes" I've read about this before and seen some first hand pictures when i did some travels over there. I'd draw your attention to the shape of the rocks more than the pipes, the rock is more likely to be closer to the orginal shape.

The channels in the rock, if man made, should show signs of being worked, and if they were once roots swollen with water that some how penetrated the rock without fracturing it, they should not be smooth.

I think that direction will lead to a better conclusion than "aliens"

edit on 9-9-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

SLAYER69

It's one of the great mysteries of the ancient world.

Doesn't seem like much of a mystery to me.
It is only a mystery if you are desperately trying to stick to the lies you've been taught since childhood regarding our origins and the history of humanity. In which case, I can see how it would be quite the mystery indeed.

I however, don't see it as a mystery at all.
It fits perfectly into my world view and merely confirms what I already know to be true.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join