It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who built these ancient metal pipes deep inside a mountain cave?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I had to say that I find the OP's find interesting. It would be interesting to find a real answer, and not just someone's guess.

I often work in an area where there are a huge amount of petrified trees, in all stages of petrification. Many are whole trees- branches, roots, even the bark on the tree is petrified. These are found deep underground. But never once have I seen a petrified tree- roots or anything, hollow. Just my own observation over the years I have been around this particular area.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I see alien life as an explanation a lot of times. How about a time machine, and modern "people" going backwards, and using what they have at hand. Seems as logical or belief worthy, as alien life......sorry, if I am misspelling, I can't tell for I've left my glasses somewhre......probably, aliens took them...Those dern aliens......

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
If you look around on the web for "Baigong Pipes", you will find this image commonly associated with them...

Give it a try. The thing that I find interesting is that in China those are "pipes"

But in America, and everywhere else, it is called basalt with columnar jointing,... For the past several years or more, China seems to be doing everything it can to inculcate a culture of Woo. I am just as suspicious of anything "supernatural" coming out of China these days as I am anything coming out of Russia.

That's funny cuz Devil's Postpile has an image which is an exact match to this one, which is commonly associated as BEING Devil's Postpile (academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu...).

edit on 8-9-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Try Google Image searching it; it goes straight to Baigon Pipes on my browser.

Scroll down on this link to see a prime example of how the image you re-posted is associated with the Baigon Pipes...

ANCIENT METAL PIPES IN CHINESE LAKE/MOUNTAIN

And these are two different images...

Mine:

Yours:

...of the same place.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ahhhh!!!

I had this ear-marked for my next installment of Earths Unsolved X-Files

Oh well, scrub that sucker off my list.

It truly is a very cool little head-scratcher Slayer and I am a little surprised it has not been discussed more here before now.

Once again, how long have we been living on this planet?

What is our real history?

Good stuff brother, good stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I appreciate the feedback and a bit off topic....

Your Avatar Totally rocks!

Love it

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic
Try Google Image searching it; it goes straight to Baigon Pipes on my browser.

Images one step removed from fact, on the internet, SHOCKED I tell you. Will wonders never cease. Further still, using an errant image to now characterize an argument against the Baigong Pipes is probably two-steps removed from fact.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

And these are two different images......of the same place.

The hole is getting deeper for that image yes...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I dunno, so the person who created that page used a known location unrelated to the story as a filler pic?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

For what it is worth, I have found the image connected to the Baigong Pipes on 6 different websites.

Have a good one.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Yes, Tree roots can reach up to 400 ft in their search for water. Although, I don't think they are made of metal.

Since you brought up basalt with columnar jointing, I thought I would share my favorite example,

Can you guess which movie it was in?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The rusted tubes being the result of tree roots that underwent the processes of pedogenesis (the process that forms soils) and diagenesis (transformation of soil into rock). Further experiments confirmed that the pipes contain organic plant material and even microscopic tree rings. Overflow from an extinct lake once carried these roots to where they stand now.

The current data for the design of these objects seems plausible if these objects show no signs of metal work done to them.
Still it would be cool if some knew ways to turn or do the pedogenesis/diagenesis process then & today in controlled settings and could say make large stone structures out of light weighted materials when separated...

Interesting share SLAYER69

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
reply to post by Bybyots

Yes, Tree roots can reach up to 400 ft in their search for water. Although, I don't think they are made of metal.

Since you brought up basalt with columnar jointing, I thought I would share my favorite example,

Can you guess which movie it was in?

I drew this in a sketch long ago, without having seen it, I don't think, as per those Close Encounters.....Hmmmm.
Really wish I could have my own mind back sometimes soon. Know that's probably self absorbed of me, when so much else going on here is atrocious, but I experience that, as well. Wish none of us did.

Thanks for all the neon.
Sincerely,
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

For what it is worth, I have found the image connected to the Baigong Pipes on 6 different websites.

No, I agree Bybyots. The image is common. Probably what occurred is one paranormal site rushed to throw together materials for some web traffic goal, and saw this on a blog as part of it's evidence and explanatory conjecture (I did see it on 3 blogs), and thereafter it was taken as photographs of the pipes themselves.

No prob.

But if they test the image which Slayer posted in the OP, they are not going to find organic Fe and K inverse taper curves.

So the question is ... who is rushing to a wishful outcome faster, skeptics or believers? According to the Skeptoid website (skeptoid.com...), I am only offered two choices - accept the two sample test and drop the topic altogether, or believe that aliens made them. Hmmmm.....

I know it is crazy, but what if I refused to do either one... ???

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic
Sorry, I just could not sit idly brain dead and zombie-absorb the word of the Skeptic community on this matter. I can accept 'fossilized trees' on this, but that does not mean we stop looking.

That's because they aren't actually fossils of tree roots.

They are concretions that formed around tree roots, leaving a "cast"-type fossil.

There are lots of sorts of things classified as fossils. Casts are one, petrified wood is one, petrified bone is one, etc.

Harte

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Interesting thing is the place they are talking about was the birth place of China's nuclear weapons programs and bases. PLA took over the area in the 50's and they know the first nuclear weapons were spotted there in 1971. Could this be a covert way of showing the remains found of China's Nuclear program? Were scientist looking to secure any technology or pollution left behind that could be gathered by Terrorist? Then just call it alien pipes instead of nuclear relics left in the middle of no where?

www.motherearth.org...
edit on 8-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

My first thought when I saw this image? Metal support joists which hold up tremendous weights in construction, like some sort of RSJ.

Well that's what it looks like to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks Slayer for a long time I have seen this as being undeniable proof of ancient astronaut theory and out of place objects. The theory on fossilized roots is balls, if they where fossilized then why do they still hold form like steel when the ages would have flattened them. To the cynics I ask show me another example of these types of fossilized roots then I will believe you

edit on 8/9/13 by On the level because: drunken spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think we dismiss our ancestors all too easily and can't imagine they would have technology far in advanced and/or different to what we understand now...

A great deal of knowledge has been lost however there are ancient texts and religious books that do elude to our ancestors being vast in number and superior but ultimately doomed by their own creations and marvels (much like us).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join