It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you should know regarding your mind

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Ironically enough I would say that's how I feel in crowds, pretty much feeling unwanted or insulted in most cases or until I find someone who is welcoming, (which is probably almost literally 1 of 300, maybe less. Never actually counted but had a lot of unpleasant meetings with people). I'm sure it's some sort of mental defense mechanism, but its never been anything I can consciously control, so I've just kept my distance from people until I'm approached. Which usually means I won't have a problem with that person. It will be nice when everyone is on the same level of consciousness though.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Now if you had just remained courteous and not tried to impugn my character, I would have quietly left the thread and that would have been that. However, you chose to reply as follows:

I recognize that paraphrasing is one of journalism's most often used techniques to distort and take out of context the points that are given

First, I'm not a journalist. Second, that wasn't a paraphrase. It was a direct quotation of your own words. Here they are in full.

The collective unconscious from what I have perceived is a consciousness that the vast majority of people seem to fall under.

Cut it any way you want, you're still saying 'the collective unconscious is a consciousness'. Which is meaningless. Something that is unconscious cannot be conscious at the same time. It's just word salad.

Opinions on what Jung meant by the term certainly differ, but your definition isn't even in the ballpark.

I'm disappointed that you didn't find any interest in the profundity of the experiences and notions I have put forth.

Profound? You had better let others be the judge of that. For my own part, I see nothing profound about superstition and belief in magic. It's the most primitive thinking that exists.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Fascinating OP. Thank you for posting.

Is there a difference between "mind" and "consciousness"?

If so, what is the difference?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Astyanax

Now if you had just remained courteous and not tried to impugn my character, I would have quietly left the thread and that would have been that. However, you chose to reply as follows:

I recognize that paraphrasing is one of journalism's most often used techniques to distort and take out of context the points that are given

First, I'm not a journalist. Second, that wasn't a paraphrase. It was a direct quotation of your own words. Here they are in full.

The collective unconscious from what I have perceived is a consciousness that the vast majority of people seem to fall under.

Cut it any way you want, you're still saying 'the collective unconscious is a consciousness'. Which is meaningless. Something that is unconscious cannot be conscious at the same time. It's just word salad.

Opinions on what Jung meant by the term certainly differ, but your definition isn't even in the ballpark.

I'm disappointed that you didn't find any interest in the profundity of the experiences and notions I have put forth.

Profound? You had better let others be the judge of that. For my own part, I see nothing profound about superstition and belief in magic. It's the most primitive thinking that exists.

While I have plenty to say in reply, I respectfully decline to comment further on your reply.

Good day to you.
edit on 13-9-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

MildBill

It entirely depends on who you're asking! Some define consciousness as residing within the brain, and that the brain is consciousness. On the other side of the spectrum, we have people believing that consciousness is an inherent part of the Universe itself, as the Universe resembles a conscious mind in more ways than one.

Levels of perception and levels of awareness, all lay on a spectrum it would seem. A consciousness spectrum, if you will. I would deem this "unconscious" that Jung spoke of, as a part of our human consciousness that is not normally seen, just as our eyes are only tuned to see a very finite amount of frequencies within the electromagnetic spectrum.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As to your post above, I highly recommend this thread comparing micro to macro, as you have alluded to in your last post. It's called "The Cellular Choir," and seeks the very such comparisons.......www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

1Providence1

MildBill

It entirely depends on who you're asking! Some define consciousness as residing within the brain, and that the brain is consciousness. On the other side of the spectrum, we have people believing that consciousness is an inherent part of the Universe itself, as the Universe resembles a conscious mind in more ways than one.

Levels of perception and levels of awareness, all lay on a spectrum it would seem. A consciousness spectrum, if you will. I would deem this "unconscious" that Jung spoke of, as a part of our human consciousness that is not normally seen, just as our eyes are only tuned to see a very finite amount of frequencies within the electromagnetic spectrum.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MildBill

Sorry about that glitch!

Thanks for the above reply. So Jung and his "collective unconscious" is our unaware "sub-conscious" and our aware state is our "conscious mind"?

I agree that the Universe is conscious and probably the source of consciousness.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join