It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality And Christianity; I don't believe Jesus of the Bible would judge you harshly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If people actually felt that they were embraced by an all-loving, all-protecting, all-caring, all-merciful god; there is absolutely no WAY they would be holding so much fear that this god would want to destroy people. There is no way they would be holding so much anger inside to judge others for not living their way.

If they actually felt that gays were living wrong and wouldn't be able to feel the love of god, then at most they would feel "sadness" and "compassion" they would not be wishing harm of eternal torture or being angry with such people.

We know who feels love by the way they treat themselves and others.

If you are filled with love, you would be spreading love not judgments, fear, or anger.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

finalaccount2008
reply to post by charles1952

Just seems unfair to me since gays are born gay from what I can see.

We all have the capacity to be gay. We are all born with this gene called "sin". Some are more inclined to be gay. Some are more prone to gluttony. We all have the "sin gene".

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

I was born Gay.

Gay does not = Sin

i admittedly am not knowledgeable in religion, but isn't 'sins' what you do not your sexuality?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Darth_Prime

I was born Gay.

Gay does not = Sin

i admittedly am not knowledgeable in religion, but isn't 'sins' what you do not your sexuality?

Jesus said that if you look at a woman to lust after her, you have committed adultery with her in your heart (Matthew 5). Adultery is one of the Ten Commandments. Not only will we be judged by what we do, we will also be judged by our thought-life.

If that is true for heterosexuals, it would definitely apply to homosexuals as well.

Adultery = Sin.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Okay, but "Gay" does not equal sin, by your logic "straight" is also a sin, so you are as much of an abomination as i am?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Yes. That is why we both need the Savior, Jesus Christ. We are all bad people. There is none that is good.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

So why aren't religious groups protesting about themselves? why does god only hate us?

i respect your right to believe, but isn't that view of life confining?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Darth_Prime

So why aren't religious groups protesting about themselves? why does god only hate us?

i respect your right to believe, but isn't that view of life confining?

I don't speak for 'religious groups'. Don't lump true Christianity with what you see on TV. (Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater).
I just know Christian Doctrine. I never said God only hates gays. That is un-biblical. But God does hate sin.

Confining? No. But Jesus did call on us to deny ourselves and follow him.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. -Matthew 16:24

Being a Christian is liberating, but it is difficult because we fight spiritual battles everyday.

I love you, Darth_Prime. God loves you more.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I've heard that throughout my life, God doesn't love me because i don't believe in him so how does that work?

and this is the quandary people don't answer, if i don't believe in your religion, i am not sinning. maybe to you i am sinning but that is your reality and belief so how is it 'judgement'?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

wildtimes
I don't think Jesus had anything to say about it.
He was talking about love, acceptance, and peace.

EDIT: Star/Flag is from me.

edit on 8-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Well, he told the woman who had been caught in the act of adultery to "go and sin no more". This means that people have a conscious choice to sin. If you willingly sin (do wrong), well then you might have a problem. Homosexuality in the confines of scripture is defined as a sin, and punishable by death under jewish law. The theme of the new testament is to repent (change your mind about doing wrong) and atone (ask Christ for forgiveness of your wrong doings), but if you're wallowing in your sin then Jesus would definitely have a problem.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Darth_Prime

I've heard that throughout my life, God doesn't love me because i don't believe in him so how does that work?

and this is the quandary people don't answer, if i don't believe in your religion, i am not sinning. maybe to you i am sinning but that is your reality and belief so how is it 'judgement'?

If you stand in the middle of a freeway and say, "I don't believe in trucks", that is not going to protect you from reality.

You know God exists. He's written it on your heart and revealed himself through creation.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That is your belief, and again this quandary continues

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thanks, Charles.

So we've concluded what we already knew, that we are all sinners who need to repent and who did need the miracle of Jesus' death. Except a couple who are non-believers.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

finalaccount2008

Good post. So you think according to scripture that homosexuality is a sin? I could see that. Just seems unfair to me since gays are born gay from what I can see. I've sinned HORRIBLY in my life almost killing somebody and being a felon and a womanizer and a dealer in the past, but now I'm alot better.

BTW, my pops (pictured in my avi) was born in '52! Gotta love baby-boomers

Hi finalaccount,

No one is born gay, thinking you are homosexual is a disorder. God doesn't create you gay while at the same time reveal the homosexual act is an intrinsic evil, an abomination to Him.

God loves the sinner, He loves all of His children but not the sin, sodomy.

Pray, pray , pray, then, repent from the heart the "act" and confess to God the mortal sin of sodomy and from now on, remain celibate if you think you are gay.

Two verses in Scripture show UNREPENTANT sodomites are in hell. Do not tolerate the lies of Satan,
even if all the world approves and these end days, they makes sodomy legal. You do not know your last day, get right with God.

Catholics have to do more than a truly repentant personal confession to God, they must go to Confession.

~ ~ ~

2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the original world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.

2 Peter 2:4-6: Peter also reveals that the Sodomites are suffering in hell for their sins by comparing the Sodomites’ punishment to the eternal punishment of the evil angels. Just as God did not spare the angels when they sinned but cast them into hell, so He did the same with the Sodomites when He “condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly.”

Jude 5
I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day. 7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

Jude 5-7: Like Peter, Jude confirms that the Sodomites are in hell by saying that they had the same fate as the evil angels. Jude says just as the evil angels were condemned to hell, the Sodomites “likewise” (Greek, hos) acted immorally and are undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. “Undergoing” (Greek, upechousai) is a present participle which means their suffering is ongoing. See also the clear polarity between those who are saved (v.5) and those who are condemned (vv. 6-7,11,13).

www.brutallyhonest.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Sigh,

we have talked before about this. I was born gay, i know me

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well, he told the woman who had been caught in the act of adultery to "go and sin no more". This means that people have a conscious choice to sin. If you willingly sin (do wrong), well then you might have a problem. Homosexuality in the confines of scripture is defined as a sin, and punishable by death under jewish law.

You're mixing up the two - the OT and NT. What "confines of scripture"?

Do you wear clothing made of two separate types of fibers?
Eat shellfish? Or bacon?

You're a guy, so I won't even ask you about how it feels to be a "woman" and accused of being the downfall of humanity....

Homosexuality is a genetic, inborn condition, no matter how much you'd like for it to NOT be that. It is.
People are BORN that way.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yas gurl!

the one thing about people who say we were not born this way, means they have the capacity to be homosexual, which means, they have the ability to have sex with the same sex.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Hi Darth,

I can't help it people bring this subject up constantly. The test is if we really do love God. If you love Me, you will keep My Commandments (sexual sins fall under the 6th Commandment). Choose whether you want to follow His Commandments. He has given us free will, we're not robots, our love for Him has to be true. Everyone would wish the same even God. God knows what is best for us and that is what is so crazy,
the Commandments are not a control but for our benefit.

I can't change your mind but I keep you in my prayers. Soon, God is going to show the entire world so no
one can claim they do not know. Say "yes", oh please. Prophesied before the Berlin Wall fell, when Communism comes again and the world is at its worst the Warning, this divine awakening will happen.

Sola Scriptura believers cannot deny those verses I posted in my reply. No one can.

I've thought of you since I last talked to you. My child, one of her dear friends from college, committed suicide a couple of months ago! He believed himself to be gay. The pain of his loss and hearing her cry and I cried too. A year or so ago...

I had never met him, so she told me about his personality before he came to stay with us one weekend and he turned out to be everything she said he was....the most outgoing, kind and loving person.

God bless you dear Darth,

colbe

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I don't think anyone can say someone is or is not born a certain way. I believe some do choose a gay lifestyle, but not everyone. I mean honestly, I have known so many who hated being gay/lesbian. They were always different, they never felt the same as their same sex peers regarding the opposite sex.

They tried being straight and it did not work for them. They were left with terrible psychological pain because they just could not connect with the opposite sex. They are / were tormented for years over this because of their spiritual upbringing, the bullying they suffered, being shunned in social gatherings and simply not being able to be welcome with some friends or family because they had a same sex partner. Some have killed themselves over it, and we have some Christians telling them they should die for who they love! The hatred put out by these so called "Christians" turns my stomach. Many who love God and Jesus have left the church because of this issue they have.

I worked in the psychiatric field for a time with sociopaths. Did God make them a sociopath? Not all sociopaths are axe wielding murderers. They know they don't feel or think the same as others, they don't connect with anyone as "normal" people do, and they want to so badly or as in the case of the ones I worked with, they don't really give a damn, but they want to get along in society and in their family.

So, are you who say people are not born Gay because it's against God's word also saying that about sociopaths? We don't know what creates such people, but we know they exist. Are you just going to cast that demon out of them in Jesus name? It does not work for these people and yet you want to stigmatize them as some deviant demon possessed miscreant and yet you wonder why they are so angry or just blame them for societies ills? What you do in your bedroom has no impact on my life. I don't think one moment when I meet people, "Is that some pervert?" I interact with all with respect and love, and if we all did this then our society might be a bit more balanced.
edit on 9-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You may be told to believe i am an abomination, and my sexuality a Sin, but that is not my reality, nor my belief so which is correct? you say it's your god, someone says it's their god, you say all sinners are abominations and all people sin, yet straight people are not abominations?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join