It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Vote ATS'ers: Attack or Not To Attack Syria for Alleged Chemical Attacks on its Own Citizens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is not a scientific poll by any means, but with the top news story around the world: Will the U.S. attack Syria?

Based on alleged Bashar al-Assad approved use of chemical attacks and the death of more than 1,400 civilians including at least 400 children, is a military strike warranted?

(Note: There does not seem to be any doubt that chemicals were used and did kill civilians and children, but did Assad approve this? Or was it by anti-Assad supporters trying to invoke Int'l involvement?)

^^^ Just things to consider!!

Just recently it was reported:

With public opinion and Congressional momentum against him, President Obama attempted to recalibrate expectations and redouble his sales effort for targeted military strikes, during a press conference Friday in Russia after a meeting of the G-20.

He made clear that his priority was winning support for strikes from a majority in Congress, even if a majority of the American people do not back the effort. “It’s conceivable that at the end of the day, I don’t persuade a majority of the American people that it’s the right thing to do. And then each member of Congress is gonna have to decide,” Obama said, noting that he was aware of recent polls showing broad opposition to strikes. “Ultimately, you listen to your constituents, but you’ve also got to make some decisions about what you believe is right for America.”

On Tuesday, Obama plans to take his case directly to the American people, with an address from the White House. “Our polling operations are pretty good, you know, I tend to have a pretty good sense of what current popular opinion is,” he said. “ For the American people who have been through over a decade of war now with enormous sacrifice—and blood and treasure—any hint of further military entanglements in the Middle East are going to be viewed with suspicion.”

Source

So ATS'ers, based upon what you know, read, heard, a chance for you to be counted:

1.) YES, the U.S.should strike Syria?

2. NO, the U.S. should not strike Syria?

I will try to keep track and post periodic poll results. Thanks for participating if you wish!!!
edit on 8-9-2013 by ItDepends because: Added source

edit on 8-9-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Lied about WMD's, aint fooling me twice.

No

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
No

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No
No No
No No No

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No.

The US should leave other countries alone.

link   
No way

link   
No

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
NO

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If there is confirmation by a third party that the government used chemical weapons, then the international community needs to band together and resolve it together.

Otherwise, no.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

No
But not because of the Russians

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hell no AND I'm still no fan of Assad either!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
NO
NO

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
NO...Can't trust Obama.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nope ! Feel free to summit my vote here to your local Congress man ;-)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
NO

'May all beings be released from suffering

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
NAY!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No...just no.
Nothing good will come out of this.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No. Bomb so Obama can save face, Hell no!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

NO...! Final Answer ...! We don't need to bankrupt America...!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

NO...! Final Answer ...!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join