It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to begin? Where to look?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I could have died as a teenager in my wild youth, in a car accident hit as a pedestrian by a minivan in 07, or having two kinds of breast cancer and one aggressive in 2011. Strange that I am still here.

I remember being a baby and wanting my Mother to rock me. I kept crying. She was saying things like "Oh sweetie, what's the matter? I remember being really pissed thinking I AM TELLING YOU WHY ARN'T YOU LISTENING? WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???? I could not express myself in words but thought my Mom should be hearing me telepathically. LOL Weird!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I remember being 4 years old. I remember the age because my older brother was in his first year of school and I was too young to go and so playing by myself wishing he was home. Anyway, I remember sitting on the lawn contemplating life, like where does everything come from? I was simply enchanted with everything...grass, the sky, bees and butterflys, the wind etc and wanted to know why and how I and all these things existed.

I could have been making mud pies or playing with a ball or something, but there I was a little 4 year old philosopher. LOL

Just wanted to share my own weird things with you all.
edit on 15-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
OH almost forgot...For the first and only time in my life, I had something disappear and reappear on me.

I make jewelry and had a little bag of earrings and bracelettes and necklaces I had made and wanted to share with my friend. I know I had put them in my purse so I wouldn't forget them. When we were at lunch they bag was nowhere to be found!

I know, I know, women shove a lot of things in purses and it could have been there without me seing it but...I unzipped every section and took things out to see more clearly. The jewelry was NOT there! After going shopping I opened my purse to get something and there sitting right on top for all to see was the damned bag of jewelry!

This is the type of thing that you don't go around telling other people about because they think you're nuts. LOL
I suppose I would think the same thing had it not happened to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

where were we before we were here?
reply to post by Malraux

As you can see from my personal experience, we existed before we came here. I so wish that I could remember more. I have prayed many times over the years for answers to be clarified but so far nothing.

I do not follow any one particular religion or path, but am spiritual and believe in a higher power.

OH that triggered another memory. I once had an out of body experience, brief and unplanned that freaked me out at first. I was terrified to go to sleep as I thought I would die. LOL So for me, that is yet another confirmation that we are so much more than just this physical body, that when we die, we will continue on. Whether as a spiritual being or something else I do not know.

When family members died, I felt that they were finally at peace and going somewhere better. No matter how much sorrow I felt for the loss of their presence in my life, I just felt that they were better off. We are made of energy and energy does not die, just transforms.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

We're basically anonymous but we anonymous can be so much more. It would make me feel better to know that all of our words have impacted the world, no matter the quantity.

I am sure that this is true. There have been many times when I had made some kind of impact on someone, saved a life, helped them tremendously or inspired in some way but didn't find out until years later.

Our words, even though we may not always realize, do have an impact on people. Sometimes it it the simplest of things that matter the most to someone.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I hope that you are well now but from what I can read about you, you're an absolute fighter! I love hearing others' experiences because, who knows, something may trigger for me even more. Like the corn....still something odd about that...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hi everybody!
I'm just stumbling in with my first coffee, lol. Lots to read....sorry if I don't address each of you individually, it's early yet.

I don't have any memories of a past life. I've always felt like a new soul here.
For my entire life (as an adult), I have remained strangely youthful...in appearance, yes...but moreso, overly naïve, gullible, expecting people to be kind....child-like.

I was married to an extremely abusive alcoholic, who was really quite an evil man. Over time he seemed to be disgusted with my naivete....and often told me I don't belong in this world. He had a motorcycle, and on one particular day (while we were preparing to go for a ride)...I suddenly became interested in the bike's tires. I knew we were going to be in an accident, and I was really uneasy.
Sure enough, the back tire blew (at 100 mph), and I came off the bike and slid down the highway. It all happened in slow motion....I was completely aware that I couldn't stop. Luckily I was not seriously injured, but received extremely painful road-burns. I kept saying, "I knew this was going to happen!"

Now...I'm off to hear onehuman's song, and grab another coffee lol.
jacygirl

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The sounds of the universe just got a lot more beautiful! And the coffee tastes a lot better, too

edit on 16-9-2013 by Malraux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Malraux
The sounds of the universe just got a lot more beautiful! And the coffee tastes a lot better, too

edit on 16-9-2013 by Malraux because: (no reason given)

Argh! My coffee tastes like crap! Hubby used up the cream before he went to work!!

But...that song...is beautiful! I can't believe that was written when onehuman was 12! Wow....such talent!
(Very mellow...something to listen to when I get stressed out.)
jacygirl

edit on 16-9-2013 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Malraux
Anyway, I just put that out there and am soliciting advice. Where do I begin? Most importantly, HOW do I begin?

Thanks for taking the time to read my nearly-unreadable post.

Mal

LOL You ask how to begin? You have already begun!
I want to read through this thread a little before I post more but are you experiencing Synchronicity (or to appeal to your intellect a series of inexplicable coincidences?)

Mentions of coffee and Where do I start Where do I begin? Time for some Brothers...

Oh and by the way love the User name as long as you are not waiting for a train! I will explain later!
edit on 16-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I'm very happy that you joined in! Not sure about the train but it would be interesting to find out. We could always use "Brothers", so pour yourself a cup of coffee, queue up onehuman's beautiful music, and join in the conversation!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Malraux

I'm very happy that you joined in! Not sure about the train but it would be interesting to find out. We could always use "Brothers", so pour yourself a cup of coffee, queue up onehuman's beautiful music, and join in the conversation!

Still catching up so be patient. Coffee in hand. In the Movie "Inception" Mal is Cobb's wife hence the silly train reference. I am curious however because you chose Malraux why?

Right now I am listening to Flock of Seagulls....I RAN.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here's something that I had been very nervous about posting, as I'm a bit more apprehensive including experiences including my family. But there ate two that stand out as extremely odd and one of them causes a sense of panic almost as great as the movie trailer did.

My son is a teenager now, but when he was 11 months old, something happened that literally causes me to shake as I even write about it. It was right before Christmas...my son turned 1 on Jan25...and we were staying with my family while my husband had gone ahead to Germany, setting up our home. I was sleeping in my old bedroom with my 2 year old son laying next to me in a toddler bed and my baby sleeping with me. We had pushed the bed next to the wall so the baby didn't fall out and we had placed the toddler bed right next to my side so I could hold hands with my toddler as he fell asleep...just something we always did when I read to them. Additionally, the door was closed and there was a baby gate up from earlier in the day. I had closed the door because my mother's crazy cats were annoying and I didn't want them waking me or the babies up.

Ok...it was about 1a.m. When I heard a baby crying. At first, I thought it was the cats..she had so many I couldn't count both indoors and outdoors...and tried to go back to sleep but, I felt over for my baby just for good measure. He was gone! I freaked out and checked my other baby and found him sound asleep in his toddler bed. I jumped out of the bed and went towards the crying to find my baby.

He was outside on the screened in porch. He was crying and wet and covered in sand (we were in Florida). The door was locked and he was extremely distressed. There was no one else around and not only was the house door locked, so was the screened porch. Plus, there was a baby gate on the porch, as the kids, including my sis's children, liked to play out there. I broke down and grabbed him; I felt so sick and so scared. My mother and stepdad came out on the porch and I asked them if they had let the baby out. They told me that they had gone to bed right after I had and that everything had been locked up.

To this day, this bothers me. How could I have slept through that? I was still nursing and heard all my babies if they even breathed wrong. Besides, how did he get out of the bed and open the closed bedroom door PLUS get over the baby gate...even if he could have, he had been walking a few weeks but was a heck of a crawler... Then why didn't I hear him?! I hadn't been drinking or taking any medication..I was breast feeding still...and NEVER heard anything until the baby cried.

Where had he been? How had he opened three doors, managed to get through 2 baby gates and lock the other two back. Where was he wet from? It hadn't been raining and the pool was closed for the winter. Oddly, my parents laugh about this story and remark about Dominic's miraculous powers of escapism.

Side note: I tried to get Dom to open the doors for the next week we were there. Nothing. He paid no attention to me and cried to get over the gates. He wasn't even one yet and his almost 3 ye old brother couldn't even do it.

I was going to write another incident but this one was hard. Forgive any typos because I don't want to review it.

Love to you all.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I've never watched Inception. It's one of my boys' favorite movies but I haven't watched it.

Well, Malraux is in reference to Andre Malraux's " Man's Fate " I used it for my Master's thesis in History and it was very influential, as a commander in the Army, to my understanding the need to understand small group missions versus a big infiltration. Though failed, the Shanghai uprising ultimately brought a new life to the people of China...but was it better? It reminded me that insurgents, though small in number, had a much more personal goal than did my unit...I was only a company commander but I think it applied to the military as a whole.... It's harder to protect and defend against those who are not trying to defend because they have nothing. Maybe it doesn't make a lot of sense, but early communism was supposed to save the starving man...but look how that turned out.

Love FoSG! My friend, Lucy, had the same hair style when we were in middle school!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Malraux

I've never watched Inception. It's one of my boys' favorite movies but I haven't watched it.

Well, Malraux is in reference to Andre Malraux's " Man's Fate " I used it for my Master's thesis in History and it was very influential, as a commander in the Army, to my understanding the need to understand small group missions versus a big infiltration. Though failed, the Shanghai uprising ultimately brought a new life to the people of China...but was it better? It reminded me that insurgents, though small in number, had a much more personal goal than did my unit...I was only a company commander but I think it applied to the military as a whole.... It's harder to protect and defend against those who are not trying to defend because they have nothing. Maybe it doesn't make a lot of sense, but early communism was supposed to save the starving man...but look how that turned out.

Love FoSG! My friend, Lucy, had the same hair style when we were in middle school!

Yep that was the correct Malraux!
I seem to be in the right thread...
Hmm betting Tetra50 will get a kick out that last part...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

onehuman
Malraux? I was told to post, (hmmm that sounds odd), but dont know how else to describe it, a piece of my art work. I guess it is suppose to help you remember about the shovel and rake? Anyhow, here it is:

I was just about to post this when I heard to do this one below as well. Seems it might be a bell ringer for someone else that has been following this thread. lol Night Star, may even know where this was taken to give me the basis of creating the piece. Not saying it is her trigger though...

These are lovely just had to say so, do you have a link to any more of your work? Sorry to go OT.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

onehuman
I dont know if you ladies are interested or not, but since we are getting to know each other a little bit, I thought I would share something of mine. I am a firm believer you can tell a lot about a person by the music or art that they like. You have all ready seen a couple pieces of my art, so I thought I would share with you a song I wrote when I was 12. Perhaps you will get a little better feel of my soul when and if you listen too it.

Lol, something to do while we wait for more great memories to be shared from Malraux!

The link will take you to the song and it should play automatically. If it doesnt, just click the little orange play button.

Enjoy... MY SONG

Dont panic, it is pretty mellow!

Wow that was powerful! Thank you for sharing it! You are very multi-talented!

My Daughter writes her own music I will share this with her. We photographed some Lightning last night it was amazing and this song goes right along with it!

Oh, and to All

Not to cause derision, but I am male. If it is better as a girls only no worries I can be along my merry way, but as this is an extremely interesting thread is it ok if I stay?

If it helps for me to share, I was that boy who hung out the girls I know little about football in fact I am disinterested in most sports, appreciate and create art, I photograph flowers, I love a good wine while listening to the rain, or a good book while sitting in the shade.

And when I was young, I was Girl to...You were just like me and I was just like you...

edit on 16-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I dont know about the rest of you, but I sure love how this thread is taking on its own life. Im beginning to think its theme is becoming Where do I start, where do I begin! Great song btw.

So, let me begin with Night Star. I am so happy to see you posting and sharing. Seems we all have had our brushes with death and are here to tell about it. I am happy to hear you made it through you breast cancer. That had to be scary for you. I just myself lost half a kidney a few weeks ago too it so I understand a bit.

As far as things disappearing, I always feel it is my friends that have passed on before me just playing with me. I have had countless friends that I have said to them, if they ever died before me to try and do something to let me know if there was any way possible. Funny though, when friends or family pass on, I am pretty much at peace about it and Im not one to really shed any tears, but a animal??? I cry and cry and cry. Wonder why that is? Anyhow Night Star, I am still in providence if you ever want to talk or meet.
Just pm me
lol you dont have to be shy...

jacygirl, I hope you got your cream situation straightened out, you might be needing a lot of coffee for this thread! You may very well be a young soul. This world could use a lot more innocence if you ask me. After all it is the children that still see the magic. While I feel I am a old soul, I am also one of those people that still choose to believe in rainbows and unicorns! Perhaps you came this lifetime to experience the uplifting this world, or to give it a hand. I sense that it is going to be pretty magical in itself. Your avitar speaks volumes to me as I know the character. Strong lady she is, and for the people.
If I may, a favorite song of mine seems it would fit very well here.The video tells a great story in itself. Enigmas "Return to Innocence:

Malraux? You certainly keep me scratching my head. That is a pretty crazy story about your son. Not that I mean it is a "Story," just a very bizarre experience. I really feel now more than ever that something is going on with your family. Do you ever talk to him now about if he has anything strange going on? I know it isnt all that simple to sit down and talk to a teenager about, but think how things might have been different for you if you could have talked to your mother about it. Ask him about his dreams or anything? He may love to talk to you, but just doesnt know how to approach you. You may find you get more questions, or possibly some answers as well.

I keep getting nagged at trying to get you to bring the as you call it "corn thing" to the front. Perhaps that ties in with the shovel and the rake? lol keep pondering it. I have a feeling something is going to come through.

Now for our new player, abeverage. Nice too meet you sir. I can only speak for myself, but anyone that can pick Dar Williams off the top is more than welcome in my book. It had to be inevitable that a male would find their way here. I feel anyone that starts participating in this thread is here for a reason. I almost feel like it is protected somehow.

As far as my art goes, I do have a link, but for some reason I dont feel comfortable posting it at the moment. Odd, but one must follow their instincts I suppose. If Malraux doesnt mind, I'll post a few pieces as we go along. I would love to see the lightning pictures you took.They sound cool
I will leave you with this piece for today though.

edit on 9/16/13 by onehuman because: fixed video

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

All Lucys (ies) are awesome!

I think anyone who wants to hijack this thread is more than welcome to do so and, more than I enjoy getting stuff off my chest, I love listening to beautiful music, viewing great art, and hearing others' experiences. I don't know but, maybe we are going to turn into a special thread where nothing is really off topic and every post adds to its specialness.

As for a dude amongst all the dudettes, welcome! I know a lot about football and was a total jock in school! I can't wait to read more of your post.

I agree, this thread is taking on a life of its own, one based on breathing and not fear!

I have mad love for you all!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

My son and I have talked about it but he doesn't remember anything. I will say, though, he is an odd duck! He's the middle child and amazingly smart...not that my other kids aren't smart ...but he isn't like AP smart, he is, well, he is a junior in college and just turned 18. Plus, he is the biggest stick in the mud I know! Most kids (his older brother) give their parents grief or at least back talk. Not Dom; he's extremely sweet but massively unmoving when he thinks is right. He is outstandingly moral...not that we all aren't and shouldn't be....but he and I disagree greatly on spirituality. He is an affirmed atheist and that really bothers me. Not that I don't think atheists can't be great, moral people but I'm afraid I have pushed away religion because of my family history.

I'm not sure why I shared that but it seemed right. This thread is about a lot of personal topics and that truly gives me guilt. Should I have taken him to church more? But I couldn't in good conscious. My children's beliefs are some of the reasons I am estranged from my mother. I grew up in a home where my parents were bigots. They were extremely racist, homophobic, and xenophobic. I married a Jew and Whoa! I explained to my mother that I didn't want to expose my young children to her horrible view of the world. She told me that Satan had ahold of my children and it was my fault because God punishes the children of those who go against him.

Now, I realize that my mother has a distorted view of Christianity and that not all Christians feel that way. But, I never felt that God was a bigot and that he made us all perfect, imperfections and all. My niece came out as lesbian last year and my mother, after first not being able to pray it away, has cut off all ties with her. And this was the little girl whose mother had raised her "the right way". My own sister has basically shunned her 19 year old daughter and that adds to the problems I already had with my family. If my niece marries a black woman from Cuba....well, my mom will likely kick the bucket!

That was mean of me, I'm sorry!

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Fighting a neverending battle!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join