It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to begin? Where to look?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

Malraux:

You just brought me to tears: good ones. There, then, is really a reason to haunt, and persist, for sometimes I don't know myself, suffer in my own "quandary," but know there are other out here like me, reaching, looking, for we don't have the ear we need in our private lives or social face to face gatherings. This is what I live, and think you may, too, as well as many others: Too afraid, or not finding anyone responding enough to let go and say what's haunting us.....

If I have helped, truly, (for you have much to say and examine, and you are here, divulging, because you have no place else to take this "reality" to), then I am happy to be here, and this makes it worthwhile, for there is always a price, but I would pay it, gladly, just to reach another who resonates, in the same way.....and is searching, so as not to lost oneself in the quagmire.
Your friend.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes, I dont think anyone is trying to attack anyone at all. I think with Tetra, she is just trying to explain something that is so complex that it really isnt all that simple. For example, try explaining fiber optics. As a whole it would be simple, but to try and explain what exactly each of the 1000 's of wires it is made up do individually, well, that could be very daunting.

Little side note to Tetra, I made up a saying a long time ago that I consider one of my quotes:
Simplicity is Complexity at its Best!" I wrote you back btw...

I really think we are all here trying to be very supportive in our own ways. I dont smell a troll yet.

Now for the part I do best, Questions! The fear of birds seems pretty common, the why of it Im not sure as I find them beautiful, but then again dont take me to any great heights as that is my Achilles Heal. Ever think to ask your sister if she recalls anything happening to you when you were little involving the birds? Speaking of your sister, is the elder or the younger?

I am curious as to why you have two copies of a video that scares you and have yet to watch. Don't you feel you should cross that bridge one day and watch it just to see what might come up? Almost like a science experiment maybe? Seems like that is one bull you could grab by the horns if you follow.

I find myself waiting for more stories as Im sure are others. Please keep them coming, bad jokes and all!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thanks, onehuman, truly. You have my motives correct, for sure, and thanks for supporting them, for I intend and am here, only, to try to be of assistance and gain assistance, at the same time, for all of us, perhaps experiencing something similar......

I wish the best for all of us. And would never want anything less for any, truly. And, btw, that's a great saying comparing simplicity and complexity. What we are currently living through, at least from my perspective, is extremely complex, and will take all of us to contemplate, assess, figure out and come through on the other side of it, together....at least, that is my fervent wish.

Have a good night, everyone.
Tetra

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Fascinating thread! It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this has to do with black ops, military involvement. Can't say for sure though. Just know that I am here and keeping up with the stories.

I believe that a good hypnoterapist will surely bring things to the surface and you will find your truths. Most good hypnotherapists will not lead you or place false memories. You are in control at all times. I knew the hypnotherapist who worked with the allagash abducties. Fascinating story.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hey Malraux, something a little interesting happened while I was sitting here watching tv in the wee hours and just sort of letting my mind wander. Out of the clear blue I heard in my head very clearly: "Ask Malraux about the Shovel and the Rake." Now what the means I have no idea as I am just sort of the middle man here, but Im sure hoping you have a idea what it may be about.

Night Star, I have never heard of the "Allagash Abducties." I am going to do a search on it as it sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing it.

Just a little side note to Tetra, I hope I didnt upset you with my response to your private message. Sometimes I just can't help what comes to mind to ask. Or, maybe the messages aren't working again? Ill try sending again.

Anyhow, can't wait to hear about the shovel and rake if there is anything to hear.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

onehuman
Hey Malraux, something a little interesting happened while I was sitting here watching tv in the wee hours and just sort of letting my mind wander. Out of the clear blue I heard in my head very clearly: "Ask Malraux about the Shovel and the Rake." Now what the means I have no idea as I am just sort of the middle man here, but Im sure hoping you have a idea what it may be about.

Night Star, I have never heard of the "Allagash Abducties." I am going to do a search on it as it sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing it.

Just a little side note to Tetra, I hope I didnt upset you with my response to your private message. Sometimes I just can't help what comes to mind to ask. Or, maybe the messages aren't working again? Ill try sending again.

Anyhow, can't wait to hear about the shovel and rake if there is anything to hear.

Hmmmm...that's very strange, not because of a shovel and rake exactly but because I woke up this morning and was going to write about an experience in a hay barn. Maybe?

When I was 12 or so, I used to spend a lot of my time reading in a hay barn that my grandad owned. It was a quiet place and it had an upper level with straw strewn about from leftover bales. I remember my granny had given me a romance novel and I didn't want my sister finding it because she would tell our mother. I'm not sure what time of day or year it was, exactly, but it was still light outside and it was warm when I went up to read. I must have fallen asleep because it was dark when I awoke and my book was missing...when I climbed down and walked back up to the house, my grandparents yelled at me good. I didn't know why, since they knew where I had been (my granny had given me the book that morning), but then I found out that they had went up to the barn to get me to come eat but I wasn't there. My granddad found the book on the floor and had looked for me for some time. My granny had the book on the table and was very upset with me for running off without telling them.

But, I didn't run off. I don't remember anything about then time between falling asleep...I distinctly remember the warm sun making me very drowsy...and waking up in the same spot I went to sleep.

Two or three years later, I was at my grandparents' again when they told me they had rented out a mobile home to some new people to the area. This mobile home had been located on property adjoining my family's and, when granddad purchased the land, the trailer house came with it. That weekend, I was hanging around outside like I always did when I was at my grands when I saw this kid walking down the road.

The boy was about my age, 14ish, and was tall and very fair. I remember thinking his eyebrows didn't suit his skin because his hair was nearly platinum and his brows were almost black and really bushy. He waved at me and walked over to where I was standing, which really embarrassed me because I thought he was really cute. He was very friendly and smelled really good (but I was a hormonal teen) and he had the straightest, whitest teeth I had ever seen. He told me his name was Adam and that his family had rented the mobile home.

I was very excited; now going to my grands on weekends would be a lot more Interesting! We talked for a good half hour, just about where he had moved from, a neighboring town, and not much else since I was googly eyed and tongue tied. He said he was homeschooled but he didn't like it since he didn't have any friends. I remember thinking that was awesome; I could be his only friend and maybe even his girlfriend! He said he liked the area and was happy to be in one place for awhile. After a bit, he started looking down the gravel road and said he had to get home. The only other thing he said before he left was: "It was good seeing you again." I thought that was strange because it was the only time I had ever seen him to begin with.

All of the rest of the weekend, I stayed outside watching down the road. My granny finally asked me what I was up to because I guess I was acting oddly. I told her about Adam and she said that she didn't know the people had a son, especially one that age since they seemed too young. For two weekends, I waited to see him again. I even drew his name on my notebook..loser...so finally I gained the courage to go down to his place.

A woman that I didn't know then but know now very well answered the door. She was very young, only 5 or 6 years older than me, and she had a little baby that is a grown man now! She had never heard of Adam nor did she recognize him from the description and had no clue who I was talking about. I never saw him again and my granny always joked about my meeting an angel named "Johnny", although that wasn't his name and I never thought he was an angel.

So here's my facts: he claimed to live in the mobile home rented out by my grands, very specifically, and since the nearest neighbor was miles away and he walked down the road that was a dead end, I have to assume he meant that trailer. He said it was nice seeing me again, but maybe I misunderstood and he said it would be nice seeing me again. Still, I never saw him again and for years I looked, even after I got my license and drove over to the town he said he'd come from. My friends thought I was crazy because when we would "cruise" around, I would often ask kids from other nearby towns if they knew a guy meeting his description...there's no way you would miss him.

So? Strange experiences or explainable?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hello Malraux and Everyone,
Wow...just wow. This is definitely my favourite thread.

I think you're extremely brave for sharing this information. I also want to say that I appreciate the support you've been receiving from other members. Tetra...I relate SO much to you...I'm really impressed with your responses (and in NO way did I ever think you were being anything but supportive!)

I too have had high strangeness in my life. I have never shared any of it, simply because I do not know one single person who could handle it. (Maybe here I will, but I must admit....I'm afraid of it inviting MORE strangeness into my life.)

I do have one question though, and I hope you don't find it....silly? Do you consider yourself to be 'a good one'? One of the good ones? I don't know, a good person basically.....and because of this, do you think you're being targeted...by the 'not-so good'? (That's all I'm going to say for now.)

Love and respect,
jacygirl

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

jacygirl
Hello Malraux and Everyone,
Wow...just wow. This is definitely my favourite thread.

I think you're extremely brave for sharing this information. I also want to say that I appreciate the support you've been receiving from other members. Tetra...I relate SO much to you...I'm really impressed with your responses (and in NO way did I ever think you were being anything but supportive!)

I too have had high strangeness in my life. I have never shared any of it, simply because I do not know one single person who could handle it. (Maybe here I will, but I must admit....I'm afraid of it inviting MORE strangeness into my life.)

I do have one question though, and I hope you don't find it....silly? Do you consider yourself to be 'a good one'? One of the good ones? I don't know, a good person basically.....and because of this, do you think you're being targeted...by the 'not-so good'? (That's all I'm going to say for now.)

Love and respect,
jacygirl

Thank you for the kind words. I have had nothing but love and respect from everyone here.

I hope that you can share one day. It has made me feel better to open up about these things but I am still a bit apprehensive and appreciate the medium and know what is comfortable for me.

As for am I good? It's not a silly question but I'm afraid I only have a basic answer. I guess I am no better nor no worse than the average person, I imagine. I try to be kind and considerate and definitely have a moral compass that I follow, but I'm not anything any more special than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I know what you mean by that. I have always felt I was one of the "good guys." I cant say that I have have a lot of "weirdness" in my life of things that have been mentioned here, but I have survived accidents that I should have died and basically walked away from. I was also told by my grandmother that they actually found me floating in the pool when I was very little on Thanksgiving. I guess I had fallen i when no one was watching and they have no idea how long I was there, but she said I was just smiling away! Funny though, I have no fear of water at all, if anything, Im probably braver than I should be as far as swimming out to deep depths etc.

If I had to say I had any kind of weirdness, it would fall more in dealing with the animal kingdom, but thats another story for another day, and this is Malraux thread and her stories.

Also my life seems to have taken a path that I always seem to be in a place where someone needs a little help. I seem to be off of work on those kind of days. I owned a bar for a long time and while I suppose I was a big part of the popular click, I also took a lot of time with the lonely people or the ones left out or too shy to join in. Funny when down the road and after I left the bar, those were the people that came back to me and told me how much I had helped them on some such particular time. I had said the magical thing that clicked with them that helped them so much....As far as I was concerned, I was just being myself and being friendly.

Needless to say, I have always been one to root for the underdog.
But yes, I do know what you mean.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I know what you mean by that. I have always felt I was one of the "good guys." I cant say that I have have a lot of "weirdness" in my life of things that have been mentioned here, but I have survived accidents that I should have died and basically walked away from. I was also told by my grandmother that they actually found me floating in the pool when I was very little on Thanksgiving. I guess I had fallen i when no one was watching and they have no idea how long I was there, but she said I was just smiling away! Funny though, I have no fear of water at all, if anything, Im probably braver than I should be as far as swimming out to deep depths etc.

If I had to say I had any kind of weirdness, it would fall more in dealing with the animal kingdom, but thats another story for another day, and this is Malraux thread and her stories.

Also my life seems to have taken a path that I always seem to be in a place where someone needs a little help. I seem to be off of work on those kind of days. I owned a bar for a long time and while I suppose I was a big part of the popular click, I also took a lot of time with the lonely people or the ones left out or too shy to join in. Funny when down the road and after I left the bar, those were the people that came back to me and told me how much I had helped them on some such particular time. I had said the magical thing that clicked with them that helped them so much....As far as I was concerned, I was just being myself and being friendly.

Needless to say, I have always been one to root for the underdog.
But yes, I do know what you mean.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Hey onehuman!
I can tell from your response that you totally get what I mean!
Even as a young child, I've always been a defender of the underdog. It just seemed to be a part of my personality....to be a good example....a good person. Like you, many people have thanked me for helping or just being nice to them (customers at jobs, etc.)...when really, I was just being myself.
It's taken a LOT of years and experiences to realize that not everybody thinks like I do. I guess that's why I asked the OP about feeling like one of 'the good ones'.
(Would love to hear about your animal kingdom encounters...you should write a thread!)
My 'weirdness' has almost felt like an imperceptible dark energy....along with orbs, whisps of smoke, and a feeling that something wanted to harm me....but that's another thread, lol.
Thank you for your reply. I hope others chime in with their experiences.
jacygirl

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hi onehuman-i have a thread on here:The amazing animal encounters thread.It's in the gray area forum if I remember correctly,that you will propably find interesting

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

The chickens

The 1st experience I can pinpoint as a definitive moment when I realised there was something strange going on in my life,came at the tender age of 3,and it involves chickens-and one dead chicken.My memories of childhood go very far back.And another memory of an inexplicable twilight zone experience not so long after-that is so hi-strange it will intrigue me all my life-also involved a chicken.
The 1st experience:I remember toddling into my mother's chicken run,and sometime after,I got this horrible feeling.I remember glare,the sun seemed over+bright+just this awful awful feeling-then I blacked out-when I came to,standing upright-there was a dead chicken by my feet-and I felt like a freak from there on out,all my life till about 2+half years ago.
I cannot begin to imagine what happened while I was blacked out.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

My 2nd chicken-weirdness: I must've been about 4,maybe going on 5.I remember sitting on the floor in the hallway just outside our kitchen.I recall someone,a hand(I can never recall who the hand belongs to,I just see in my memory the hand) passing me a box of crayons,I am coloring in the tailfeathers of a rooster.I was enjoying that,when it feels like 3 things are happening at the same time:

I can suddenly see the sky through the ceiling.
I am being lifted from behind,up and away from the drawing.
I am floating about 6ft above groundlevel outside our kitchen door-and I'm under a brown sky,with a ketchup-red sun/moon.

Then nothing.But another memory accompanies this one-me asking my mother where my coloring book is because I wanted to finish coloring the chicken's tail.I felt for some reason,that this was days later,2/3 days later.She gave me a look of such resentment/hatred and or anger,and said,in a cold,hateful voice:"Well that has dissapeared off the planet,has'nt it now?"The house suffused in some blue-green light while I'm asking her this-and a sense that there is something strange about this,that the house with us 2 in it,was out of place,out of time,idk,its indescribable.
These are hi-strange twilight zone things that I managed to forget for years,strangely enough,then in my late 20's/early 30's it came back to me,and I wonder how I ever could have forgotten? But I think I just willled myself to forget.The memories would'nt stay forgotten,though.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I so enjoyed reading your experiences...all except that they involve chickens and I might need even more therapy now. But I totally get your having to come into your memories...I was in my 20s when I first started remembering things and then couldn't believe I had forgotten, ditto the nothingness that is included with the memories.

I think that all of you guys spending time on my thread are the good guys. I may not be but you all are, especially when you take the time out to just send me good vibes.

Please include all the experiences you want on this thread. I see it as evolving from shoulders to cry on to sharing of tales. I enjoy reading them as much as I hope you enjoy reading mine. I may not be tetra, but I will offer up what I can... I'm not very scientific or mathmatically minded as I was a History major!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

Oh stop, already, Malraux, I'm easily as confused as the rest of us.
I think it's wonderful, in and of itself, you've opened a thread where we can all share our high strangeness.....so needed. And you yourself, are no dim bulb, and everyone knows this.

reply to Raxoanne:

Though I don't share quite the same memory of your mother and the coloring book rooster tail thing.....It really struck a chord with me, how you described the memory of three things at once, what they were, and then days later, and knowing it was days later, and your mother's attitude.

I've got a very similar memory, but not with chickens, coloring books, or quite the same circumstantial stuff. The background, in other words, to my memory is quite like yours....displaced time, events happening all at once, and then the mother and reaction just like that......

I find this significant, because though the exact details may not be the same, somehow the mechanism, and what's going on have to be similar.

To Jacy Girl:

You are so very sweet, and you being one of the "good ones," shows by just you wondering about it. I've tried to be. I think many of us have. I've tried, like onehuman said, to reach out or be open when others needed me to be, until, at least I kind of lost trust in people, and started to close myself off. I have very definite trust issues now, which make it hard for me to both believe in what people say to me, and their response to me, if it's positive. That's how heavy duty some of the negativity I've been through has been. But I still try, even though I frequently get indications this isn't somewhere you are supposed to help people......sometimes, you can't help what and who you are, either, though, and no matter where we are or the character of others and the authenticity of their dealings with us, surely it matters we gave a benefit of a doubt, and responded true to who we were, which should say more about us, and less about them, for it they are not being honest or authentic with us, we can hardly know that, nor help it, either..... Keep being you....I sense you are a very sweet, kind and real person.

Having said that, I have absolutely never been a role model for anyone. LOLOLOL, nor ever pretended to be. I have vices and faults, and on some days do plain dumb, stupid, crazy crap.....

Thanks for everyone's kind words, and thanks for your thread, Malraux. You're stories are, needless to say, intriguing.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

How ironic is this statement :

I'm not very scientific or mathmatically minded as I was a History major!

Coming from a person that cant remember so many things of their own past! lol just teasing you, I hope you realize this by now.

May I ask what part of history you really lean toward? What you feel you have a kindred with?

side note, I can see why you would have thought the barn would be related to the shovel and rake, I sure would have as well, but my gut is telling me, "Nope, it is another thing." Like I said, Im just the middle man.. Im also pretty sure it is going to occur to you pretty soon. Bet it has even been running around in your head all day

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am interested there has been a few mentions of "rooting for the underdog" on this thread, as it's something I've been discussing with a few folks recently. Surely everyone realizes this is but another given impression, a meme, convenient in its casting for perception to divide and conquer....
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

tetra50
I am interested there has been a few mentions of "rooting for the underdog" on this thread, as it's something I've been discussing with a few folks recently. Surely everyone realizes this is but another given impression, a meme, convenient in its casting for perception to divide and conquer....
Tetra50

Geee tetra I dont know about that. I have never felt divided at all. I have felt more of a feeling of I know I have walked in those shoes and it doesnt feel good. I wish I had had comfort, therefor I give it. I would help a underdog any day as long as I felt they were for the right thing, "the good thing" just as quick as I would prop up a flower my dog just ran over.

Now I realize you could question "The Right Thing," but it really boils down to what is "Right" for my soul, and what I can sleep at night knowing peacefully.

I understand there probably needs to be a dark to understand the light,(balance and all that) I just chose or it is just ingrained in me, or it is just my natural leaning to be of the light.

Has anyone noticed that it seems to be all women following this thread and there hasnt been any problems???!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

onehuman

tetra50
Tetra50

Geee tetra I dont know about that. I have never felt divided at all. I have felt more of a feeling of I know I have walked in those shoes and it doesnt feel good. I wish I had had comfort, therefor I give it. I would help a underdog any day as long as I felt they were for the right thing, "the good thing" just as quick as I would prop up a flower my dog just ran over.

Now I realize you could question "The Right Thing," but it really boils down to what is "Right" for my soul, and what I can sleep at night knowing peacefully.

I understand there probably needs to be a dark to understand the light,(balance and all that) I just chose or it is just ingrained in me, or it is just my natural leaning to be of the light.

Has anyone noticed that it seems to be all women following this thread and there hasnt been any problems???!

Maybe you've misunderstood what I intended. Seems to be happening a lot to me, recently, cause I just can't seem to write it well enough.

What I mean by that is, the underdog is a popular perception, frequently. Though the facts may surprise if you do not directly know the experience of the individual. I wrote that with an understanding there are perceptions of people "sold" every day in this place......some seem to be underdogs, and some seem to be priveleged champions.

So, geeee, back atcha' one human. What defines an underdog, for I have had people tell me I am uniquely talented and therefore, others, in comparison, are "underdogs," while I know I've pretty much suffered my quotient, as compared to anyone. Now you may take that as narcisstic, selfish, egotistical, whatever. I really am not.
I'm no better than anyone. And no one is better than me. We all suffer. I walk past those who suffer and offer what I can, daily, here, in New Orleans. Do whatever I can. There may be differences, between all of us, and similarities as to our life experiences and indivdualistic relativism, but who is really to say who is an underdog and who is not....for this a matter of perception, and a highly socialized one, at that......
Tetra

I'm interested, btw, as to your last comment, as I am most certainly a woman, and yet, we seem to have a problem here? So does that mean I'm a man. LOL. Sorry, just trying to figure it out and get clarification, writing, and not speaking face to face, for I think you completely misunderstood my last post....

For, I don't think anything I wrote that you replied to has any bearing, whatsoever, on this extrapolation by you. And I'm most definitely a woman, btw, not that this matters.
edit on 14-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by tetra50 because: getting way out of hand, these comparative replies which are jumping to outright, way out there conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join