It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt army launches new air strikes on Sinai militants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
...and while we were focused North, on Syria, Egypt is still very much in their own fight against the Jihadi radicals. It sounds like it's heating up a bit across the Sinai.

CAIRO — Witnesses said Egyptian military helicopters launched a second day of air raids on Sunday in Sinai in what the army described as "the largest military operation" to uproot Islamist militants.

Apache helicopters hit targets in north Sinai near the Rafah border crossing with the Islamist Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, witnesses said.

The military's spokesman said it was conducting "the largest military operation to purge Sinai of terrorism."
Source

Sounds like they are dead serious about not losing their nation to this again. Good. Egypt is the light shining in otherwise dark areas in terms of culture and progress out of the past. I hope they have good luck and good hunting. The Egyptian people deserve some peace again. They sure did nothing to deserve the anarchy they've been enduring.

Here is hoping they get beyond these troubles soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I hope they do. I have been to egypt the past 5 times ive been on holiday. I love the place, the people are friendly and i love that they embrass thier history and culture strongly. Im going back in november (just to sharm el shiek) its a shame i wont be able to go to the pyramids or anywhere like that because of this. Ill be sticking to Sharm the main parts of sharm i think.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Megatronus

i have been there too
wonderful people
magical land
i hope the best for them

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
They have been fighting those radical in the Sinai for decades. Even under the Muslim Brotherhood they were fighting there. I do not expect this will do the job any better than the last dozen times but, it does make go away and regroup for awhile.

new topics

top topics

join