It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels and Demons as depicted in paintings the last 900 years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Beutiful thread, S&F

I was going to do a similar one once my collection is complete enough but I can share them & will once I wake.
Oddly, we have the same favorites in these selected one's you posted

Francesco Cennidi-Polyptych with coronation of the virgins and saints, ca. 1390

This one seems to fit Mary Ellen Guiley's Djinn.

To me, the boys carrying the wounded Angel seems ominous, like the have her blind folded and bound, the one boy looks mean or bad or evil.....just not....right somehow.

Thank you very much for the share, I love this,,,,,,,

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

Thank you.
And please post some of your angels and demons paintings if you like.

Yes, that painting with the children stood out to me too. I looked at it more like they are role-playing, and taking the angel to see either the pirates or the doctor.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PsykoOps

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Interesting thread. Most of the demons are also shown having wings as well as the angels. I suppose that goes with the theme of the devil being a fallen angel. Just goes how far they go with their fairytale. Angles dont have wings in the bible.

They don't? Really now? You ARE positive?

Then I wonder where and how my 50+ year old Holy Roman Catholic Bible got winged Angels and Demons in it and why they are both mentioned as such?

When I wake, I will video my taking it out of it's protective box, show the pictures & magnify the text that makes mention of them as such mmmky?

edit on th302014Sun, 27 Apr 2014 19:58:55 -05000414th30pmSun, 27 Apr 2014 19:58:55 -0500 by StormyStars because: the quote landed wrong

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

BC.....

Below Etruscan Sun god

More Etruscan BC +/- before Rome

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Thank you.
Those are amazing.
I haven't seen them yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Almost word-for-word, you described my experience of briefly venturing into Christianity. I'm also glad to have escaped with my sanity and now reside within the loving arms of the horned gods and goddesses.

!) Your 1st explanation was exquisite.

2) 2nd, inspirational. I ran away from an all girls remote Roman Catholic School when I was 14, tried a few others and became pagan.......I don't know if that is what you are or meant.

3) You gave the perfect explanation of how Christians were made to believe how Lucifer had horns, as well, what a real Angel and Demon/Satan would appear if paintings or illustrations were taken from the scripturess of many Christian Bibles.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Just a few weeks back, I was looking at some Etruscan art and was really amazed at all of this. Lots of winged beings, gods, ect at least, many years before say 0 ad, or renascence period.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsykoOps

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Interesting thread. Most of the demons are also shown having wings as well as the angels. I suppose that goes with the theme of the devil being a fallen angel.

Just goes how far they go with their fairytale. Angles dont have wings in the bible.

Some orders of angels do.

At any rate we find the first use of winged humanoid types, demons, monsters ect way back in Mesopotamia. That figure in the move "The Exorcist" was taken from an old Mesopotamian figure.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join