It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels and Demons as depicted in paintings the last 900 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

iwilliam
One can't help but wonder if some of the visionaries from the days of the bible might have been engaging in practices similar to shaman of siberia, or "curanderos" or "medicine men,".... aka using psychoactive plants to attain "visionary" type experiences. In fact, there's no shortage of academics who have proposed and written about such ideas. In fact, some have speculated that the "mana" of the bible may have been a particular fungus. Likewise with New Testament Christianity. Some have proposed that the early christian sacrament may have been an "entheogenic" substance. Others have speculated that the figure of "Christ" himself may have been a metaphor for such a substance ("this is my body...")

Tell me the book of Revelation wouldn't make so much more sense in this context....

edit on 10-9-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

It's the only context I've read that in. I do believe that it could have been a dude exiled to an island having these visions but I also think he was tripping some serious balls on some moldy bread or something.

John's visions was very much like the "visions" I hear many of our contemporary chemical explorers report. I don't think it discounts what he says but it does help to interpret it.

The pics I just got from using Google-Fu, by the way. I can't remember the search terms I used, though.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Revolution9

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Interesting thread. Most of the demons are also shown having wings as well as the angels. I suppose that goes with the theme of the devil being a fallen angel.

Just goes how far they go with their fairytale. Angles dont have wings in the bible.

That is very true. I believe the wings business is a depiction of these beings being from other realms and the messenger aspect; like the winged beings in ancient Egypt, Sumaria, etc, denoting that they came from the sky.

When I dreamed of the demons they did not have wings. They weren't very nice though

Neither do Saints. As in Saint Michael. Who is depected as a angel yet is called a saint.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

St. Michael, the Archangel - Feast day - September 29th The name Michael signifies "Who is like to God?" and was the warcry of the good angels in the battle fought in heaven against satan and his followers. Holy Scripture describes St. Michael as "one of the chief princes," and leader of the forces of heaven in their triumph over the powers of hell. He has been especially honored and invoked as patron and protector by the Church from the time of the Apostles.

Although he is always called "the Archangel," the Greek Fathers and many others place him over all the angels - as Prince of the Seraphim. St. Michael is the patron of grocers, mariners, paratroopers, police and sickness.
reply to post by guitarplayer

Archangel Michael is an archangel, but the Catholics also give him a special honor as a saint/ patron. I hope this cleared it up for you my friend.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

3n19m470
reply to post by dustytoad

If you don't have demons after you, trying to destroy you, then you are just not trying hard enough...then I'd have to call you a slacker XD You can rest assured, you've got demons.I would not be surprised if you didn't have at least 2 or three who's sole purpose is to follow you around causing grief and mayhem. You just haven't noticed cause you also got badass angelsfighting for you every step of the way.

I don't think you know my post history.

You can rest assured I notice a lot of things,
but I have a soft approach to making my point these days.

Oh and I agree with what you wrote.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code popularizes solving esoteric puzzles in connection to the Merovengian bloodline.

Revelation Prophecy, Chapter 12, the devil Satan takes one third of the stars from the heavens. He attempts to kill Christ the moment of Jesus's birth (Roman Caesar), and he chases after the seed of the virgin Mary with a flood from his serpentine mouth - an infernal taint?

According to Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition , Caesar and some Roman royals drink the blood of children (pages 72-73). In the modern era, the Roman Empire is the Holy Roman Empire, or Catholicism. According to official history, the Merovengians only classically held France - I suspect they were converged on by all world royalty.

The Baali Bloodline in the game are mostly non Setite (the classic royal tradition), fanatically in love with a Camarilla Satan, and the highest ranking member of the Camarilla the game names is Caesar.

666 means Nero in Hebrew. Mussolini was the Muscle in I(taly - where Rome resides). Rome's greatest military opponent Hannibal attacked from the mountains (Old Man on the Mountains?), Hastrubl has trouble with Rome during the war, he fortified modern day Shiite Capital, I ran from Persia after Carthage fell, and used the poison of surity to escape Roman capture. Russian Communism was founded when Rasputin killed the Romanovs, Anastasia Romanov was the most famous royal for being dead yet alive, and Gurdjieff was the esoteric Muslim or Assassin guarding the royal family and building a Muslim jyhad into Communism: rearrange the letters of Anastasia Romanov: Asasan Tai Ov Roman.

Baali practice "Daimoinon," demonic self identification, and are severely introverted Merovengian infernalists resulting from Rome's convergence on Salubri, vampire Merovengians. I suspect the historic Caesar converged on them, programmed 20% to be loyal to the classic royal tradition 80% just to him (because he made Ra meant IsRaEl - Jacob encountering God through the sun Gensis Chapter 32, & that he was at war with Pharaoh) when his Id instinctiveness and stored aggression killed his attachment to the classic royal tradition. I suspect they were introverted when programmed to attack the Merovengians they were as a schisming device, highest neural capacity for aggression focused only on them, and it spread through how abusively they treated their biological descendants.

"True Blood" stars Kristin Bauer and Chris Bauer, page 151 of Bloodline of the Holy Grail: the Hidden Lineage of Jesus Revealed by Laurence Gardner identifies Bors as Merovengian. Christ in Bauer? Page 4 of Vampire: 20th Anniversary depicts an immortal 17 year old in Satanic red sired by the cast of the show, and in the episodes fear sweetens the blood: true bloodline? true about the blood?

Aleister Crowley, confessed blasphemous Beast 666, claimed his past life was Eliphas Levi, Anton LeVey - French accented Levi, Merovengian? founded the Church of Satan. The two most influential Satanists were both of the elite Jewish Levi tribe.

Marquis de Sade was history's first fiction writer to depict the modern day Catholicism scandals. Pope Francis (Y?) was interred by a man with the first name Giovanni, the televised Borgias are a historic papacy fiction straight out of Marquis de Sade, and in the introduction to Vampire: 20th Anniversary when the Giovanni Clan's infastructure is plotted out over a course of two pages, they name Borgias and Medicis as Giovanni Mafia families.

The Medicis commission Leonardo Da Vinci on the cable Da Vinci's Demons. Each episode contains Da Vinci esoteric puzzles and contraptions.

According to the science of biology, the adrenales which sit atop the kidneys secrete adrenaline into the human blood stream. Hollywood's Underworld vampire fictions star Kate Beckensale and Scott Speedman - S'got Speed, man?

Chickens flutter about flinging feathers when their heads are cut off as if they manufacture high quantities of adrenaline. Reminds me of KFC.

This definition of a demon involves a hierarchy of prophets that study Judgement Day trial data on how to damn souls into hell to stall Caesar's fate by studying their selfish ticks. They are immortal and have the ability to shape shift.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Cool wristwatch!
Or is it a timetraveldevice?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Or maybe just a mental bracelet with a round part?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Yeah that picture looks like it could have been shown on an episode of Ancient Aliens. I remember one episode where the crazy-hair dude was saying how angels are actually aliens. -----but then again he also said we got the plague from them too-face palm-

When I read your post, I laughed.

When you wrote 'mental bracelet' did you mean 'metal ' bracelet?

Just curious, but if there is such a thing as a mental bracelet, then my bad.

( I just pictured a really crazy, mentally challenged bracelet cartoon babbling on about ancient aliens being angels....lol.)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
what no Francisco José de Goya y Lucientes

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

the sleep of demons produces madness

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Well, to be precise, the ones that have visited humans never did. Those around the throne are said to, but those aren't what is being drawn. Wings were never mentioned on those that people saw. It makes me wonder why they are such a common feature in the artwork.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Revolution9
When I was opened up to all of that I had the craziest experiences. It was mentally much too beyond my capacity to cope.

*snip*

Playing with that stuff is detrimental and nothing "good" comes out of it.

But fools rush in where Angels fear to tread!
edit on 8-9-2013 by Revolution9 because: punctuation.

It sounds like you could share some fascinating stories. Maybe a thread on that? Or some here? If you feel comfortable doing so, that is. I have spoken to a few people that had such experiences, and one was a friend. Very scary stuff, but most informative, as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Bouguereau - The Virgin with Angels
edit on 20-9-2013 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

That is absolutely beautiful, thank you for sharing.

reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I've had many OBEs/ astral travels and visions in dreams too where I was shown different parts of heaven.
There was the resting/healing part (when your current life here on earth comes to an end; there was the school part ( a lot of ancient Roman and Greek looking buildings, which mirrored the ones on earth, but I think it was rather the other way around. The ancient buildings here on earth mirrored the ones in heaven. )

These buildings had windows that held no glass, and where people went to listen to lectures held by saints and angels, or for their guardian angels to give them guidance and tell them what to focus on / study next
( patience, kindness, etc. in my case it was languages, geography, history, art, literature,etc. because, well I travel a lot, and write.)

And let's not forget about the Garden. The most beautiful, biggest garden I've ever seen in my life, where you can walk for hours with loved ones, spirit guides, angels and just relax, and share thoughts, and ideas. Colors aren't simple colors there, they have shades/vibrancy on a whole different level,it cannot be found on this earth.

During astral travels when visiting heaven, and these places, even the Akashic records to be honest I never saw any angels with wings.

I remember once I got to see their beautiful wings, and that was breath taking, their wings are actually much more beautiful and much bigger than in the paintings, and they weren't white, but silver, or gold or other colors which were metalic depending on their ranks.
I was once fortunate enough to have an OBE and witness them (angels) getting ready for a battle. They showed their gigantic wings proudly, and wore armor of the same color as their wings, and used good old fashion swords.
( They were planning on attacking some low level demons,that have been tormenting a small town city I believe, and this all happened in this different dimension, it wasn't heaven, but it wasn't here on earth exactly either. It was here but on a different plane if that makes sense. )

Anyways those people who have seen angels through OBE, astral travel, or visions, and have painted them know that the paintings don't really do them justice, because back then, they probably didn't have the color palette to paint those sparkly/ shining silver and gold wings that angels show when they need to fight or have an important message to deliver.

edit on 20/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

edit on 20/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

edit on 20/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: Spelling- it's been a long week. I'm tired.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

S&F for sure! Rainbowresidue I'm happy that I found your thread, wow what can I say, angels and art, nice combo!

There are many paintings here that I haven't had the pleasure of laying my eyes on. Isn't it fascinating how artists interpret angels of history? Especially intriguing is where they get the idea of angels with wings.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I studied the demon pictures to see how reptilian they looked.
We have in the world a shortage of lizard-type demon depictions!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Interesting observation dear fellow ATS member EllaMarina.

Check out these demon feet!

"Angel" by Guariento di Arpo
en.wikipedia.org...

They look like bird feet. Birds have wings but do angels really have wings? And, if they do, why do they have wings?

I've seen angels with wings, in a vision of hundreds of angels. They were coming toward me in a bright blue sky as far as the eye could see. They were little angels with little white wings carrying little golden and wooden musical instruments of various sorts. As they approached me and stopped where I was, I sang their angel song in a language I don't recognize... yet I knew the song as if I'd been singing it my whole life through. When the song was over they faded away and the bathroom ceiling (where I was located at the time) grew back. It had completely dissolved starting from the center when first I heard the angels distant music.

They were flying like birds but do the really have wings? Maybe some do and some don't? Perhaps it's a way to tell Earth Angels from "heavenly" angels.

edit on AM123120131218am1831am by Antoniastar because: tried to center something but it didn't work

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

nakiel

Cool wristwatch!
Or is it a timetraveldevice?

Yes it is! Hmmmmmm great question! Is that what the "Watchers" wear?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Here is a very early picture of the one I am working on now.
Yep, it's got horns...lol

A painting of a demon could go many ways depending on what one is trying to say with it.

The finished painting.

I totally forgot I had posted the beginning of it.
So there it is, my minds version of the Devil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join