It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden - NSA Can Spy on Smart Phone Data - Not Just Call Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Next on the list of Snowden leaks... The NSA can read all sorts of data from your smart phones. Plus, they can access the computer used to sync all these devices. And utilize Mini-programs, to access 38 additional Iphone features. The NSA has set up specific working groups to deal with this type of data.

Plus, the NSA can also access the Blackberry mail system which is touted as being uncrackable. Blackberry states that they have not created a back door.

The United States' National Security Agency intelligence-gathering operation is capable of accessing user data from smart phones from all leading manufacturers. Top secret NSA documents that SPIEGEL has seen explicitly note that the NSA can tap into such information on Apple iPhones, BlackBerry devices and Google's Android mobile operating system.

The documents state that it is possible for the NSA to tap most sensitive data held on these smart phones, including contact lists, SMS traffic, notes and location information about where a user has been. The documents also indicate that the NSA has set up specific working groups to deal with each operating system, with the goal of gaining secret access to the data held on the phones.

Privacy Scandal: NSA Can Spy on Smart Phone Data

edit on 8-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Of course they can spy on smart phones. Anything connected to the internet is not safe. At first we were weary of hackers but turns out our biggest threat is the US gov't, and foreign gov't as well. Hackers can only dream of having the access these tyrants have.

That said, iPhones, Samsung phones, all with the cameras in the front and back of the phone should remind everyone they can and will be spied on, recorded, and logged by you friendly neighborhood gov't spy.

The all seeing eye is close to all seeing. Who needs microchips when there's smart phones?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Oh theyre bad. bad bad bad.

shuddup snowden
gah

Are you going to tell people about the cows next?
Cause people want to know about the cows and aliens
edit on 8-9-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I have just recently got rid of my Iphone, Deleted my facebook account and generally minimized my online information because i feel that eventually all this information that is out there will be used against me....

I may be being paranoid but it just seems like a very dangerous road we are heading down regarding the information about us available online....

now i use my landline for everything... there is nobody i am so desperate to speak to that i can't wait until i get home to call them, and to be honest not having a mobile phone is such a nice change from the norm... it's almost liberating

I do not trust smart phones in particular because of the GPS activation.... After reading this i am even more Happy with my decision to Ditch the Iphone and mobile phones altogether

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

including contact lists,

I'm a bit skeptical on whether they can get to the actual devices remotely to steal this sort of stuff. But, if they can, I'd like their assistance transferring data when I go to get my next phone.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
i use smsung galaxy gt1970 grand duos, a large smartphone..so i wonder if i write d*mm y** they know it?
hmmmm okay..
that word for who spying on my phone!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No smartphone here, throw away only.
No landline.
No facebook, no gmail, no yahoo or outlook mail.

NSA can bite me.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Imagine if tomorrow you discover the secret to cold fusion and the NSA just happen to see it there "Safely" hidden away in your notes.

I wonder if they'll simply turn a blind eye to your courageous work or will they steal your intellectual property for themselves, therefore negating any chance for you to profit from your hard work?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
lol

At this point it is all irrelevant....strap yourselves in and prepare for impact.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

I imagine you would've been eaten by the dark, and all your work confiscated, lol

new topics

top topics

join