It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need A BIG ATS RANT!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Let me add to your rant about things driving me crazy here right now..

1. America/CIA/NSA/FBI/Military have caused every event ever in the history of the world.
2. Their are no bad , evil , crazy people in the world. Just govt types looking for a False Flag.
3. Training is not real for any company or organization.
4. Homeless or financially struggling automatically makes you more noble them someone with a home or making money.
5. Criminals are the victims. Shoot at the police first, how dare the police shoot back.
6. Their are no criminals, corruption, bad things in any other country but America.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
You command of the Oxford dictionary does not impress anyone it’s just annoying.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Lysergic because:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
it's not so much the new site that ultimately put me off ATS, after being here (under a couple of usernames due to various reasons) since 2005, I was pretty gutted that all the threads made my the membership highlighting issues with the new ATS were systematically closed. We were then told to use 1 specific thread. What a waste of the memberships time when all we were doing is trying to help out the staff at ATS. We are not on the ATS payroll yet we were using our own time to help make ATS better. Only to be told our issues were not valid and threads closed.

We were then told we should use 1 specific thread. This should have been made clear from the start. Obviously it was not as many members had their threads (concerns) closed in a disrespectful way with a very disrespectful message talking to us as if we were employees who were being disciplined.

I have found a new conspiracy site that is much easier to navigate and becoming very popular indeed. Im sure you will all notice it soon if not already. It is UK based and some members of ATS are already members there. They have many more features and treat the membership very respectfully.

This is my last post on ATS. See you on the other side (website) hopefully. I will not name it here as that would not be fair. I have morals unlike some staff at ATS.

goodbye.!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

greavsie1971
I was pretty gutted that all the threads made my the membership highlighting issues with the new ATS were systematically closed. We were then told to use 1 specific thread.

With only one person (me) performing code/design work on ATS, you don't think it is impossible to track several threads in several forums?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm trying to click those links and it's asking for authorization and log in information.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

Couldn't disagree with you more,

boo-hoo

you cant start your own thread winging about New ATS.

I have to say the staff have been very responsive for example when they fist put up the beta test there was a big annoying banner at the bottom of every page that they removed, then they said members could pick and create new smilies.

I can not believe you would through your account away over such a trivial matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Lets be honest the new look is poor. I'll stick around but it's less enjoyable. Ok it's free but the owners are making money so surely as we are helping in that regard we should be able to complain or have a say.

I am a self confessed spelling and grammer freak. Look I spent a lot of time at school a long long long time ago when if you got it wrong you were made to write it out hundreds of times until you got it right. And now that all seems like a waste of time. The good news is I take tablets for it which lets me put up with it for the time being. ( btw if you spot any mistakes in this post gfy ... it's my eyesight )

Thread quality .... well all I can say about that is that recently I have noticed a lot of threads getting deleted. I've even had it where I started a thread myself and it was deleted the instant I hit the submit button. So I believe there is a lot of censorship going on. Who's doing it I don't know or why but it's happening. So that put's folk off making threads or posts if after the effort it just gets binned. If anyone knows of an uncensored forum anywhere give me a link.

Other/rubbish threads ..... if you don't like the title, don't click on it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Actually, come to think about it, I personally would willingly pay an annual fee if it made a difference. I spend a lot of time on ATS and it is important to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I might be one of those annoying you, but will reply anyway.

I like things spelled properly, there is spell check so there shouldn't be any excuse. For example, there is a recent thread ''site supper slow'' which makes me think of slow dinner service, not a big deal but a tad annoying none the less, it's a thread title and a basic word, though I commented on the thread, I didn't mention the spelling, it's nice to at least try to spell correctly, it gives more credence to the words used. That said, I am in the UK and while I use a lot of American words for things, I don't replace UK English spelling for American English spellings as per spell check and typo's are inevitable in forums. I don't use text speak because it isn't appropriate though I do occasionally use well known abbreviations.

Regarding the quality of threads, I presumed I was missing them due to the new format and refused to scroll around all day trying to find something interesting. I spend limited time on ATS as I always have other things to do that are more important, but I like interesting topics and the truth so I give time for reading and posting on such things and the occasional funny. Also the homepage seems littered with US politics, and famous US TV people presumably, which doesn't interest me, politics are corrupt so I won't comment on individual politicians generally, nor their corrupt policies.

As for the 5/3, the big type, big buttons and glaring colours of the first try resulted in a headache for me, I mentioned it, tough if anyone else didn't want me to, I have every right to, it isn't griping, it's constructive criticism, I could have said ''to hell with ATS'' and just avoided the site but I prefer to speak up.

I personally don't create many threads because the ones I have created were mostly ignored so were a waste of time and there has been a whole load of rubbish created recently, I guess it is a new set of user base and that's how they roll, it isn't my bag, nor is the ''this is our gang'' type of thread, which is off putting to post in when people are in cliques and sharing 'in jokes' constantly, so I mostly avoid those threads too.

I have considered keeping ATS off my screen, which I am sure some would prefer, but I have decided to check in every now and then to see if there's anything interesting and worthwhile that deserves my attention.

Rudeness from others has been something that I have always found on ATS, be it complaints about those complaining or about just about anything else, there are probably worse sites and have been round the block a few times, I know how to handle it and it isn't bothering me.
edit on 11-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here is a quality thread that got ignored

Universal Experience

At least I beleive I did a better job then 85% of the threads that have popped up in the past couple weeks..

Just because some people do not like the new site; doesnt mean you have to rant about it

I really do not like this new site; the front page looks like a mainstream outlet; it used to be when I clicked a thread it would auto-open a new tab, when I would go to my recent posts, and clicked one, it would take me right to my post wherever it was in the given thread - now it just opens to the OP of the thread I posted in??

I'll just get this out now; I believe ATS changed because the American government wants to make the entire internet mroe simplistic, for governing and monitoring - as they plan to take total control over the web in the next few years. That is why they have linked youtube with google accounts - make every major internet site "twitter, facebook, youtube" accessible. . Etc.

This site is just easier for monitoring by the NSA/CIA. That is as simple as that, its also becoming less a conspiracy site, with DEPTH-research, and more a mainstream media outlet, where people just copy and source CNN or RT or some British MSM..

Anyways, maybe someone will check out my thread? I put a lot of heart and time into it, but got no attention
People were caught up in the "Syria" or "Putin/Obama" threads...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I admit, it's kind of a bummer finding nothing new or of quality when I click on my favorite forums. But at the same time I feel like this site is what WE make of it. Unless you're pumping out killer threads on the regular, is it not hypocritical to complain about the threads?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Here's what we'll do....

In the middle of the night we'll make our way to the river. We'll bring a canoe and we'll pack it full of food, supplies, tent, etc etc... Then we'll escape humanity by canoeing down the river. We'll get to the coastal mountains and make our way into the forest. There we'll build a cabin and live off the land. we'll go hunting, trapping, fishing, foraging and beachcombing for food. And well grow our own canabus, mushrooms, and make our own cigars, wiskey, moonshine, and wine. We'll have parties every weekend at our hippy commune that we all built together. That's what we'll do to get away from all this madness!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join