It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

107 year old man killed by SWAT team in Arkansas

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This sounds about right for an Arkansas SWAT team, made up of dangerously low IQ level idiots. Who only take orders from higher ups, and dont think even for a second on how to handle a situation that could escalate out of control.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

antar
Update #3.

But friends and fellow church members say that Monroe Isadore was legally blind and nearly deaf and shouldn’t have died that way.

“I’m in shock today,” Larry Smith, who attended church with Isadore at New Direction Baptist, told KLRT-TV. “He couldn’t hear,” Smith said. “Somebody should’ve told the [police] he couldn’t hear.”

Friends told KLRT that Isadore was also legally blind and believe Isadore must have been confused.

“For that to happen and like that… had to be,” Smith said. Isadore was a God-fearing man who grew vegetables and gave them away at church, according to those who knew him.

“That’s the kind of man that our police department killed,” said Pine Bluff resident Gary Wilson to KLRT.

Link shows a grainy picture of Monroe, the only actual one i have found online , yet.

www.theblaze.com...

HE WAS DEAF and BLIND... He was 107 years old. If protocol dictates treating each case exactly the same...then next we will hear about a 3 year old who refuses to go to bed, takes Daddy's gun and retreats to his room, is then Gassed, Diversion device brought in to scare him out, and when that fails bust in with a SWAT team and shoot him down because he is a danger.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sorry, double post
edit on 10-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

But friends and fellow church members say that Monroe Isadore was legally blind and nearly deaf and shouldn’t have died that way.

“I’m in shock today,” Larry Smith, who attended church with Isadore at New Direction Baptist, told KLRT-TV. “He couldn’t hear,” Smith said. “Somebody should’ve told the [police] he couldn’t hear.”

Friends told KLRT that Isadore was also legally blind and believe Isadore must have been confused.

“For that to happen and like that… had to be,” Smith said. Isadore was a God-fearing man who grew vegetables and gave them away at church, according to those who knew him.

“That’s the kind of man that our police department killed,” said Pine Bluff resident Gary Wilson to KLRT.

Link shows a grainy picture of Monroe, the only actual one i have found online , yet.

This goes with the post above but the text would not come out when I tried to quote???
edit on 10-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Could this have been because he was poor and black?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow, having lived all that time and through so many decades and era's he must have seen much. This story is a sad story regardless of all the rest of the detail...

edit on 10-9-2013 by KristofLaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KristofLaw

People do not realize the paradigm shift that accompanies so many decades of life. The pace is profound for those who have lived through all of the transitions of the past 100 years.

He was intuitive as are ALL centurions and those even remotely close to his age, it is just part of nature. Most people even know when their time will come and pretty much the basics of how it will happen. That is something I really should go more into detail about in a separate thread. There are so many reasons why generations fold into the next in such a short span of time. I honestly have made mention of this in multipal threads over the years and am clear as a bell on the principals of the natural laws governing such reasoning.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

antar
Update #3.
HE WAS DEAF and BLIND... He was 107 years old. If protocol dictates treating each case exactly the same...then next we will hear about a 3 year old who refuses to go to bed, takes Daddy's gun and retreats to his room, is then Gassed, Diversion device brought in to scare him out, and when that fails bust in with a SWAT team and shoot him down because he is a danger.

That's not really a similar scenario Antar.
If the 3 year old was not partially deaf or blind then chances are the flash bang and or gas would have resolved the issue. Plus I am willing to bet you that a 3 year old would drop a gun the first time they fired it just from the noisesmellfeel of it. His age keeps getting used as if it's some justifiable reason for allowing him to shoot at people but it is not. In the end if any of those shots he fired would have hit someone, they would have done the exact same amount of damage.

Again the people that failed this person were his friends/roomates/family for not telling the police he was deaf and blind and the police for not knowing this prior to going in. All the guys on the ground knew going in was someone was shooting at them and gas + a flash bang had not slowed him down.
edit on 10-9-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join