It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

107 year old man killed by SWAT team in Arkansas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This story is so screwed up, so the cops get the call about a domestic situation. The couple who called remained in the house even after the 107 year old man went to his bedroom. Obviously they were not so scared for their lives...

The cops get the 2 out of the house, go to the mans bedroom and tell him to come out. He says no.

He supposedly fires a shot but then the cops go back and place a camera under his bedroom door, obviously the cops were not very afraid either at that point. Did the shots make it through the door? Then why get a camera device to prove he actually had a gun in his bedroom in his home...

After they discover that he does indeed have a gun,,,,,, they come back and place a smoke bomb under his door which at this point the 107 year old man begins to shoot.

The cops then go in guns ablaze and kill the 107 year old man in his bed.

Anyone?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Monroe Isadore, forgive me as I left out an important piece of this story, AFTER they lobbed the gas into your bedroom, and you did not or could not come out of your room they then threw a Diversion Device whatever that is before rushing in to murder you in your bed.
edit on 8-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

TRENTON — Police who raided a Monmouth County man's home in 2007 were justified in using a "flash-bang" device as a diversion before entering, New Jersey's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.

On the day of the search, police used a flash-bang device, which emits intense light and makes a loud noise, as a diversion outside the house.

They then knocked and announced their presence before entering the home. Rockford and another man were standing in the driveway when the device was detonated.

An appeals court ruled the use of the device violated the terms of the warrant and excluded the drugs found during the search.

But the state Supreme Court in its ruling Tuesday called the execution of the warrant "objectively reasonable and, thus, constitutional."

"The Court declines to adopt a bright-line rule against the use of a flash-bang device to execute a knock-and-announce search warrant," the majority wrote.

"The objective reasonableness of law enforcement's execution of a warrant that includes the use of a flash-bang device should be determined on a case-by-case basis, considering the totality of the circumstances."

www.northjersey.com...

So using this type of device against a107 year old man in his own bedroom after gassing him is Constitutional? In what dimension? Even Drug manufacturers are afforded more rights than this 107 year old's alleged domestic dispute.

By the time they stormed his room it was probably hours after his usual bedtime.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

What the hell is wrong with cordoning off the street or area and calling his relatives to try to negotiate with him, it is possible his mind was going but god bless him 107 years of age, from an outsider perspective (and we have our own problems in Britain with idiot's in government and public corruption - aka the hierarchy) it look's like the states is going down hill and fast.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

What I find unacceptable and completely telling is that for every link in mainstream search engines, I see the EXACT same wording no matter what msm source! Exactly the same words to describe the innocence of the cops and swat. period. No more, no speculation, no opposition, only what they want history to recall, or to quickly forget.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I must have read your original source article wrong because I could have sworn it said he shot at the cops a minimum of two times before they returned fire.

ATS world..where shooting at people won't hurt if you are old when you pull the trigger

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Monroe Isadore, forgive me as I left out an important piece of this story, AFTER they lobbed the gas into your bedroom, and you did not or could not come out of your room they then threw a Diversion Device whatever that is before rushing in to murder you in your bed.

"Diversion Device"...sounds like a Flash Bang or Stun Grenade....yep, they needed a stun Grenade..(Blinds, deafens and disorientates your enemies) to subdue a ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN YEAR OLD MAN..

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
reply to post by antar

I must have read your original source article wrong because I could have sworn it said he shot at the cops a minimum of two times before they returned fire.

ATS world..where shooting at people won't hurt if you are old when you pull the trigger

what is wrong with you...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

reply to post by antar

what is wrong with you...

So you are saying the article in the OP doesn't say he shot at the cops first two times?
If I shoot at the guy next to me two times is that legal? I just want to make sure I understand the law correctly.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by antar

I know... isn't crazy, to bad that old man missed.

Lesson learned here to ya old folks, use a scatter gun/shot gun. Your bound to at least nick those buggers coming through your door with rock salt and dimes!

edit on 8-9-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Don't know what to think, and at 107yrs can't have had much time left on the ticker, he is probably better off now than he was.. that's sad to say, but it's probably true.. Life is so bloody mixed up right now, I don't think we know real from virtual anymore.. and it's not getting better anywhere on this planet... What is said now is of no use to that man, right or wrong... so I think I wish him RIP but no one will apologise for life letting him down.. cause no one really cares.. and that is extremely sad that humans are so lost...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The SWAT teams had obviously fulfilled their duty time on the range with 'non-conventional target' practice.

edit on 8-9-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Bumping Monroe's story. My heart has been so heavy, still is. I stood and saluted to the South from my front yard to him this morning and it has been really hard to even write all of the thoughts I have on this tragedy. So many things are wrong and yet as the media so sanitarianly reports it, under reports it, feels like a no event even though this is huge.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There has to be a serious mental problem when police can kill 95 and 107 year olds like it is just another day at work on the assembly line. Sociopaths....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

People are afraid to make that type of comment. In today's 'theater" as 'they' call it, but not in the days that Monroe of 107 lived, worked, loved, laughed and fought. Your words are now considered treasonous, just as Monroe of 107 years on this planet fought to secure for future generations against this tyranny and oppression, he died in his boots defending us.

Did that even make sense? Lol... I hope you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Makes perfect sense and I certainly agree. What is happening to society.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Though it is truly incidental to the situation and the reaction. I would like to know who the two "others" were, there.....Also, I would like to know who owned the house, as if the gentleman in question, gunned down owned it, is it not a question of "standing his ground?"

Regardless of all those points, I agree, Antar, with you totally. Those in authority do not back down these days...but it seems more than that, even. It seems "purposefully" ratcheted up, to do what was done. A very old man, and he's afforded no rights, to his space, nor to his person, and then killed outright, it seems, for demanding it.

Yes, you could take another tack and see that he fired on cops, which all of us know will get you killed, regardless of anything But clearly, he had "trust" issues, with both people in the house and law enforcement, and I think many of us on this site can understand that......

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I cant seem to find anything on the internet about his life. Only the same PAT reports by msnews. Not one has done an expose on his life, family or other interviews by neighbors or friends. I feel so sorry for this man at age 107 dying this way, unprotected by any of the 8 billion people on the planet, afraid and under attack. It breaks my heart to think of him alone and afraid.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

If he were clinically proven insane or a real threat and danger or even a known terrorist or drug Zar, he would have been treated differently and without a death squad terrorizing him , frightening him to no end prior to his murder. The criminally insane get better treatment. This 107 year old Denied Ignorance, but died for his beliefs, he paid the ultimate price for his freedom.

Why can I not find a single interview about his life? Are there family or friends who have celebrated his birthdays publicly? A senior center or Legion? Why has there not been a single documentary/ interview about him? I think we will find that he was a War Hero, a great man. But even if he was a bastard in his life, he deserved the chance to change his ways before he died, to have died with dignity and safe in a loving environment.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by tetra50

If he were clinically proven insane or a real threat and danger or even a known terrorist or drug Zar, he would have been treated differently and without a death squad terrorizing him , frightening him to no end prior to his murder. The criminally insane get better treatment. This 107 year old Denied Ignorance, but died for his beliefs, he paid the ultimate price for his freedom.

Why can I not find a single interview about his life? Are there family or friends who have celebrated his birthdays publicly? A senior center or Legion? Why has there not been a single documentary/ interview about him? I think we will find that he was a War Hero, a great man. But even if he was a bastard in his life, he deserved the chance to change his ways before he died, to have died with dignity and safe in a loving environment.

Let me say, first, no matter what, he is a better man for you having taken up his cause and defense, for you have done so eloquently.....I only wish when I die, someone would do the same for me....but I digress.

for he should never have been killed, and this is my true opinion. You are likely right, and this was why he was killed, and took the position that he did: He was likely a military veteran, and no longer trusted any authoritarian figure, for what we have come to, today.

But I have no foundation to that, just a feeling, and a "knowing."
For what that's worth. I could see myself going just like him.

I always wonder if you lock yourself in your bedroom, what gives anyone the right, if you aren't coming out, to get physical or confrontational with you????

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join