It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

107 year old man killed by SWAT team in Arkansas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
First, a 95 year old guy gets it from the police, now a man of 107!
What the hell is going on here?

In the urban communities because of high crime this type killing by police of innocent people has gone on for years.

Now that the police state is branching out it stands to reason that non urban folks are going to have more troubling incidents like this with the police.

I can’t judge how a cop should respond but a 107 year old man I think they could have brought in some negotiators or something

Population control.

They are going to die soon from old age anyways. Why not speed up the process.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
How about more details on this assault the article is implying he did.

Gangs are terrorizing cities but they don't seem to be getting this treatment. Oh, right, the police might meet their match in a fight with gang types and lose....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You are obviously out of control on this and not bothering to read the OP or the articles.

HE THREATENED 2 people, we do not know why, he did NOT shoot them.

HE WENT TO HIS ROOM, figured that would end the aggravation by the 2 people he THREATENED.

POLICE SHOW UP from a threat and order the 107 year old frail elderly man out of his room.

He say,s no.

PLACE camera under 'bedroom' door and verify allegedly that he does have a gun.

LOB FRICKING GAS at the 107 year old frail elderly man in his small bedroom.

HIS EYES are already fragile, his upper respiratory system frail.

THEY KICK IN his 'bedroom' door and GUNS GO BALLISTIC from BOTH PARTIES...

FROM HIS BEDROOM, the 107 Year Old man , MISSES INJURING ANYONE , but ends up sprayed with SWAT BULLETS.

edit on 8-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2013 by antar because: mmmpfh!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
.... geez this guy was 107 years old.
edit on 8-9-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Taking the advice of..
If you don't have something nice to say....

edit on 8-9-2013 by sealing because: sp.. Goodbye post... You're out numbered.

edit on 8-9-2013 by sealing because: removed

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The article says the man fired rounds on the officers through the window first then at them when the door came down

He shot at them first, this is why I hate threads like this, not all cops are bad but one sided arguments such as these makes them all devils and takes away from the actual good that many do.

Its a known fact if you shoot at a cop whether you are a senior or a teen you WILL get shot back.

Tell me what should they have done when the man was firing at them? They did their job and I see nothing wrong with that.

There are a lot of bad cops out there with crazy happy trigger fingers, this does not appear to be the case here.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have fired if people hadn't barged into his house. At 107 years old, he grew up in different times, when the U.S. wasn't a police state.

I hadn't watched KTHV in a few days so I didn't hear about this.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by iamhobo

They could have waited until the old man FELL ASLEEP!!! OLD people sleep like a new born!!! Don't defend the botched and wrongful death of a 107 year old man who would die a thousand times at the hands of the death squad to defend YOUR right to protect yourself from the damned Orwellian Agenda 21 future the pansy's of this generation will bow down to prison shower style!!!

Thank you, antar! I'd star this a thousand times if I could.....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why couldn't they just back off?

Never do they ever just back off.

Let it simmer down.

Nobody had to die.

I guess their shift was about to end.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
According to this report, the 2 people who they are now calling "Victims" were able to get out of the house safely after the police had arrived. OK so if they were in peril then why wouldn't they have just walked out the door after the man threatened them and then went to his bedroom? This is BS, this stinks of false flag against a targeted group for a pre indicated response.

It is not clear when the 2 left the home at this point but it almost sounds as if they were at least there until the cops arrived. Were they there when the shooting began?

I had seen a video on Youtube that had the title of this incidence but it seemed to be at a different location, I will keep looking, someone was bound to capture some RAW footage of this.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by opethPA

You are obviously out of control on this and not bothering to read the OP or the articles.

HE THREATENED 2 people, we do not know why, he did NOT shoot them.

HE WENT TO HIS ROOM, figured that would end the aggravation by the 2 people he THREATENED.

POLICE SHOW UP from a threat and order the 107 year old frail elderly man out of his room.

He say,s no.

PLACE camera under 'bedroom' door and verify allegedly that he does have a gun.

LOB FRICKING GAS at the 107 year old frail elderly man in his small bedroom.

HIS EYES are already fragile, his upper respiratory system frail.

THEY KICK IN his 'bedroom' door and GUNS GO BALLISTIC from BOTH PARTIES...

FROM HIS BEDROOM, the 107 Year Old man , MISSES INJURING ANYONE , but ends up sprayed with SWAT BULLETS.

edit on 8-9-2013 by antar because: mmmpfh!

I'm out of control.
Your OP indicated that he fired on the cops at least two times before they returned fire.
It's ok though because this man is a hero and didn't cause this situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
According to the local news paper (paid subscription only) The 107 year old man (in his bedroom) and the 2 people were in fact inside the home when officers arrived.

So my question is this, what had transpired between the 107 Year old man and the 2 persons which lead to the elderly man 'threatening' them in the first place? Maybe denied them money, his car for the night ? Who knows?

If the 2 were in danger they would have left the house!

We will never know what the provocation was for this tragic stance on behalf of the 107 Year old man.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I hope they had time to get all decked out in their camo battle armored tacticool outfits.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I think you actually get it. And yes he is a hero to me in some ways. Like I have stated, we will never know the truth behind this whole mess, but I am proud that this cantankerous Aged man had the balls to defend himself and to stand strong in his convictions.

I have cried several times today while enjoying the blessings of my life which I have shared with seniors almost the same age as the 107 year old man, and cant help but feel really bad for the man that his life was not the celebration he deserved for no other reason than his age and the wisdom of his experience in this world.

This is not the 107 year olds fault in my eyes. If he was incompetent to have a weapon of defense and comfort, then it is on the 2 people and or other members of his life and family to have kept him safe from harm such as this tragic and possibly unjust death which will be soon forgotten and used instead to the efforts against both the elderly and gun control.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
6.5 hours and only three pages....says a lot to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

When they arrived, they were able to determine that an Aggravated Assault had occurred against two people at the residence. The suspect, Monroe Isadore (M, 107 years old), had pointed a weapon at them. The officers had the two victims leave the residence, for their safety, and approached the door to the bedroom where Isadore was supposed to be.

pinebluff.todaysthv.com...

The spin begins, covering their butts on this one. I hope those 2 people feel really proud of themselves.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I know. It is game over for America. The people have spoken and they are not interested in Liberty or freedom. They are not going to post in a hot topic where they might get placed on some list for their opinions and thoughts which could be contrary to the ongoing agenda.

I would like to know where the shot through the door was aimed? I mean even the cops were not too worried because they came back with a little spy camera to send under the door to peak at the 107 year old man. That alone was enough to set this off if you consider the day and age he came from.

I stand by my intuition on this one, the 107 year old's side of the story will never be told. If it were people may think differently. But that is not allowed right?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

A sign of things to come......Buckle up for a Bumpy ride.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sickened by the responses yet again that the cops are in the right.

Presume the 2 people involved were "caretakers". Maybe they wanted him to take medication. Maybe they were there to help him. Maybe not.
At 107 years old, he's seen this country fall apart far worse than any of us. Probably served in multiple wars.
In this country, in his time, a person was able to have a home that actually belonged to them. Not too long ago, you could well defend your home and yourself from anyone that came on your property.
These 2 people came into his home. Perhaps they had been there before, but maybe not. Hopefully, that info will come out. Dementia or not, he did not want them there, waved a gun around and threatened them. They did not leave and instead called the police.

So, SWAT police came busting into this man's home. He did not want them there. They got the "endangered" people out of the home and could have just left it at that.
They put the camera inside the room and determined he did, in fact, have a gun. Why wouldn't a 107 year old Arkansas man have a gun? It's his right.

They could have left at this point still. No reason to stay. Could have manned a car nearby. Arranged for intervention when the man was calmer(again, it wouldn't be too long before he fell asleep)
At 107, I don't think he's going to go ballistic on the town. So many ways this could have been handled better.

But no, they gas him. If I'm in my home, MY HOME. And cops come in and gas me, it's going to make me more than a little mad too. It SHOULD make you mad. And anyone is surprised that he shot at the cops when they entered the room. HIS ROOM? I'm more sorry he didn't get one of them, but of course, they were armored.

Again, I'm so thoroughly disgusted by the responses I see that side with the cops in these situations. It does not do any good for what's left of our society when you support the brutish authority with a brusque comment about how cut and dry all these situations are and that the authority is in the right. Once again, I'm ashamed to live in this society.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Yeah...I'm not feeling too bad for the old guy at all.

There are a lot of other topics you could be upset about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join