It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

107 year old man killed by SWAT team in Arkansas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

That's what old people do?

Falling Asleep. It's what everyone does, eventually.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

You call my reasoning Pathetic? Your reasoning of my thoughts and feelings on this matter without the whole picture which I have stated we will never know now, is the reason this country will lay down and bend over rather than stand up and defy the Orwellian changes of the frog in the pot being perpetrated against Americans for the past 20 years and let me tell you the water is almost at the boiling point now.

The facts will be ascued to render protection against this tragic red flag of a botched mediation and example of the future.

Like I said, they already had the cameras in Eddies room, they could have calmly waited until at 107 years old he fell asleep or calmed down from whatever seemed so dire a situation that he threatened the 2 people with force.

It was not defused but rather heated up to create this outcome rather than a peaceful one. Trigger happy fools! The gas was over the top, the shooting was Practice for people like you, your grandparents and family from toddler to elderly.
edit on 8-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
24 or 107 years old. If you shoot at officers age should not make a difference. Believing otherwise is biased. Remember, officers have families to go home to as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

They GASSED him! He only "Threatened" they took it to the next level!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Anybody notice that the new way to deal with a potentially dangerous situation is to amass an intimidating force in black uniforms heavy equipment and then to force the issue?

Why didn't they simply clear the house of all people and wait the guy out?
No! The new concept is to show this strong arm of the law and to force the issue to the extreme. There is a hidden component there, perhaps even a very hidden motive of teaching a lesson to instill a slight bit of fear into those that watch that story unfold on TV.

Yeah. The old guy had a handgun but he hadn't killed or shot anybody. So on the face of it, what was his most criminal act? What was the law's most criminal act?

Just yesterday, I was given a slick, thick catalog entitled Tactical Equipment Catalog. It is almost 600 pages of every conceivable item that a military or law enforcement agency could possibly want. That business has become a science and an economic boon for those industries involved. It is not a typical gun &knife or survivalist catalog, but aimed directly at law enforcement be it military or civilian for the suppression of civilians (good or bad). I'll give the on-line address for the catalog, but you won't be able to buy any of the items.

adsinc.com

link   
reply to post by antar

Would you feel the same way if his age hadnt been listed, honestly? Dont get me wrong, i think its horrible but the fact is he put lives at danger. Period.

link   
MARK MY WORDS, this is going to be about Veterans, and their intent to defend this country and the Constitution in another coo to disarm and dissemble any opposition to the NWO and the UN agenda.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

So he lived through 4 Marjor U.S. wars only to be ginned down by stupidity?

Welp, that is about normal.

If we think about it killer cops are statistically going to kill you before a car accident would.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just want to see if I get this right...

Points gun at cops..
Shoots at cos.
Negotiations fail..
Shoots at cops again
They try gas and that doesn't work
Shoots at cops again
They return fire..

And in ATS world the aggressor is the victim because he was 107 so its just a cute and fuzzy old man firing off a few shots at the mean cops because I'm sure the bullets he fired would have hurt less since he is 107.

First time fired at the cops would have been justified in returning fire but, unlike many recent stories, it looks like they applied some restraint.

It's a horrible story with multiple lives impacted and I wish the old man would not have caused it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

If every person who ever threatened another in an argument or dispute was killed in the aftermath, the Georgia Guidestones would have their number actualized generations ago.

This man had the dispute, he retreated to his room to either chill out or forget it thinking that these 2 people would think twice before getting into it with him in the future, the situation ESCALATED beyond what anyone would have thought and the end result is lack of reasoning, planning and negotiations on the part of the SWAT team.

If he wanted to kill the people, he would have not given them the threat. He was not in it to die, but to protect himself from abuse or harm.

We will never know because the 2 will lie to look innocent and make the old man a guilty criminally insane dangerous maniac.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Most likely the poor old guy had dementia. You would think there would be alternative methods to control and disarm the elderly who are suffering with a mental disease.

Careful now, you might just make a case for mandatory yearly psychological tests for legal gun owners with talk like that.

edit on 8-9-2013 by evc1shop because: quoted

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

If he was just crazy, he would not have threatened the 2. They have a part to play in this that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thank you. The anti gun proponents will use this both on the forum and in real life, the bottom line is that it is not about all cops, all SWAT teams, all caretakers or acquaintances of the extreme frail elderly, but THIS group that are making huge statements about Americas future.

Oh boy if you don't want to be on the bad side of these new tactical forces, you better just go along with them, yes, maybe they will pass over your home and life while taking out your neighbors. Sometimes I think that members here actually think if they post the anti American stuff they will not be placed on the black lists.

link   
First, a 95 year old guy gets it from the police, now a man of 107!
What the hell is going on here?

In the urban communities because of high crime this type killing by police of innocent people has gone on for years.

Now that the police state is branching out it stands to reason that non urban folks are going to have more troubling incidents like this with the police.

I can’t judge how a cop should respond but a 107 year old man I think they could have brought in some negotiators or something

link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by opethPA

If he was just crazy, he would not have threatened the 2. They have a part to play in this that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

I see in your declaration of his innoncense you leave out the part about the old man shooting at people multiple times because that is not an important variable.

How many people blaiming the cops have been fired at in a hostile situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

If he was crazy theres a better chance he would have made a better attempt or tried sooner to kill the cops.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
First, a 95 year old guy gets it from the police, now a man of 107!
What the hell is going on here?

In the urban communities because of high crime this type killing by police of innocent people has gone on for years.

Now that the police state is branching out it stands to reason that non urban folks are going to have more troubling incidents like this with the police.

I can’t judge how a cop should respond but a 107 year old man I think they could have brought in some negotiators or something
they tried negotiations. It didnt work.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
While I don't condone shooting people all willy nilly, the fact remains that the man wielded a gun and fired shots. A bullet fired from a gun will do the same damage regardless if it's fired by a toddler or a 107 year old.

But you did put smilies in your post that are shooting wildly.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but I'm not sure there was much way around this? I'm not sure the old guy was going to allow this to end any other way. It describes him engaging police with gunfire at least twice. The first time, causing them to call SWAT. Many departments we've read about would have killed him with officers on scene after the first shots he engaged them with.

I just can't help but think this reads like a man who knew precisely what he was doing. He was plenty old enough to understand Suicide by Cop and perhaps, he was just bitter and mean enough to have decided sometime during this event, 107 was a bit longer than he wanted and taking some with him was as good a way to go as anything.

I'd be outraged if he'd simply had the gun and not fired...or fired into the air (although shooting is shooting is shooting and that slams many doors of peaceful outcome on the spot). I have to say though, when you engage cops multiple times? I think he may have forced how this ended.

R.I.P. for the old guy. Whatever his mind was processing on this, I hope he's moved on to better places.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't suppose they could have used technology (Camera Observation), to determine what type of shotgun he had, how many rounds it was capable of holding, if he were reloading it or even had rounds to reload available...And maybe waited till he was out of ammo or reloading to rush him when he was not able to fire, aside from the fact body armor stops shotgun pellets pretty good (I know, he could have been using slugs....).

Things can always be done differently, unless of course those who are in positions of authority enjoy hurting people, which most people who are ex-military have no problem with. SWAT guys are such posers, some never even served, and those who did shouldn't be SWAT or cops.

If people weren't always in such a hurry........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join