It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the Myths of Settled Science

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Mary Rose
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Some people do original work instead of regurgitating what others have done.

It's you (Mary) who is re-urgitating- you re-urgitate proven false and silly theories, theories which once were "hip" centuries ago. Or do you want to make us believe that the idea of the "ether" is anything original..let alone new?

I read over some of the given abstracts (re. ether and "gravity is magnetism")...and it's entire nonsense "decorated" with a few fancy words so it sounds scientific.
edit on 32013RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago29AMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
-Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

You exist in space. You are physical.
Physical attributes of a field are, you can see
and feel the heat of the Sun.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

I recall hearing Eric Dollard say that the heat of the sun actually is established only when particles from the sun hit the atmosphere of the earth.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

So, I guess it's not really infrared light, then? How amazing! That ought to tell you about Eric Dullard.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Here he is:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
A 3 1/2 hour lecture by Eric Dollard:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Mary Rose
A 3 1/2 hour lecture by Eric Dollard:
That's mis-titled according to Dollard's website:

www.ericpdollard.com...

This presentation by Eric P. Dollard has been uploaded by others and was mistitled as "The Theory of Anti-Relativity". That title is actually a paper by Eric and this presentation is the History and Theory of Electricity.
He actually gives a lucid explanation of the history of electricity for about the first hour or so of the 3.5 hr lecture.

But in the earlier video you posted in the car talking about the sun, he doesn't seem lucid at all, saying that the sun gets its energy from an "alternate dimension" instead of from nuclear fusion, but of course he offers nothing in support of this claim. When you consider the painstaking detail scientists have gone through to correlate the numbers of neutrinos observed with fusion models of the sun as discussed here, it's impossible to understand how he can dismiss the fusion model so easily when the new SNO neutrino detector now shows agreement between the fusion model and neutrino measurement.

If he just stopped at saying there are aspects of the solar cycles we don't understand, it would be easy to agree with that, but dismissing the well-understood fusion model now in agreement with neutrino and other evidence, and instead claiming some "other dimension" is the energy source, with no evidence at all to support that claim, seems somewhat nutty.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

ImaFungi
reply to post by dragonridr

Yea I kinda see. Though you say the big bang created higgs particles (fieldless particles?) which turned into a field... and then as far as I understand, higgs particles now are only in existence when massive matter interacts with the higgs field (which is really just one subatomic higgs particle? That gets its wholeness interrupted in local areas of mass interaction?). So in reality there are only a handful of fields, which are like giant non component having, fundamental particles, the vibrations of which these medium-like fundamental fields ripple and interact with the other fields, and the points of intersection create harmonic wave patterns, consonance or dissonance, destructive or constructive, stable or unstable, discrete?

Roughly, but that's still a classical view like Maxwellian E&M. You need to apply quantum mechanics to it.

The state of the universe is represented by a wave function which when squared is a probability distribution of fields (a field is a value (scalar) or values (vector + up) which exists at x,y,z,t) in different conditions. ("quantum field theory").

1st quantization of a point particle means going from idealized Newton world (particle is here, x,y,z,t going at this speed), to a wavefunction. If the classical thing you start out with is a field, then you go from something classical which is already a function (giving values of E&B in all places in space) to quantum mathematical objects which are "functions of functions" in some way.

Quantum optics has the a barely comprehensible interpretation since it is the quantization of classical electromagnetic fields. Everything else is seemingly impossible to comprehend intuitively, you just work your tail off to compute reaction rates according to some algorithms.

Oh yeah. String theory is 100 times harder than this.

edit on 2-10-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Because the charged particles in my body are coupled to the EM field of which the suns constant reaction disturbs violently?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Is it right me assuming the reason for needing quantum wave functions instead of point particles at xyz, because at every moment every point in the universe is in flux, and to an energetic particle 1 second is a very long time, and it is 'fluxed' potentially a lot in that time, variables being its own inherent make up, and the make up of that which immediately surrounds it, and the details of what that which immediately surrounds it is doing, physically, which causes the particle we want to measure, to be moved around a lot? Basically I guess im asking is the reason all particles, or matter doesnt just travel in straight lines because the constant vibration and movements of larger bodies, therefore fields, which sway the smaller stuff to and fro, wave it? So a planet looks pretty stable moving linearly through space, but on the smaller level things are at once stable and unstable; unstable in the sense that they are not as stabley straight lined, particle like as a planet traveling through space; and stable in the sense because of that which surrounds the small, there are heavy limitations and restrictions on what the small can do. Which is seemingly broken by the super small, which can just go through fields and such?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Then you get into superposition and quantum entanglement and you have to ask...

Does anything really even move? Is it the aether which moves or is it the energy/will, which projects images, that is moving?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Mary Rose

Angelic Resurrection

I recall hearing Eric Dollard say that the heat of the sun actually is established only when particles from the sun hit the atmosphere of the earth.

Well no what causes heat from the sun is the same stuff that gives you a tan. Ultra violet radiation so lets look at the moon no atmosphere however during the day its hotter. During the day the surface temperature can be between say 225 and 250 degrees. So if we actually stuck a thermometer in sunlight on the moon we get a reading. Now take that same thermometer during the day and we go in to a crater no suns hitting it we would get a reading around -240 degrees. Both during the day so whats the difference? Well we have no atmosphere there to moderate the temperature. This means we go from extreme hot to extreme cold the moon doesnt have molecules in the atmosphere to add or remove heat like on earth..

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hot and cold is just entropy. More energetic systems slow down when in contact with less energetic systems and less energetic systems speed up when in contact with more energetic systems.

entropy = stabilization = wave-particle duality = kinetic convection + electromagnetic field/orbit/convection = all motion.

Is this right or right? lol

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

mbkennel

ImaFungi

Yea I kinda see. Though you say the big bang created higgs particles (fieldless particles?) which turned into a field... and then as far as I understand, higgs particles now are only in existence when massive matter interacts with the higgs field (which is really just one subatomic higgs particle? That gets its wholeness interrupted in local areas of mass interaction?). So in reality there are only a handful of fields, which are like giant non component having, fundamental particles, the vibrations of which these medium-like fundamental fields ripple and interact with the other fields, and the points of intersection create harmonic wave patterns, consonance or dissonance, destructive or constructive, stable or unstable, discrete?

Roughly, but that's still a classical view like Maxwellian E&M. You need to apply quantum mechanics to it.

The state of the universe is represented by a wave function which when squared is a probability distribution of fields (a field is a value (scalar) or values (vector + up) which exists at x,y,z,t) in different conditions. ("quantum field theory").

1st quantization of a point particle means going from idealized Newton world (particle is here, x,y,z,t going at this speed), to a wavefunction. If the classical thing you start out with is a field, then you go from something classical which is already a function (giving values of E&B in all places in space) to quantum mathematical objects which are "functions of functions" in some way.

Quantum optics has the a barely comprehensible interpretation since it is the quantization of classical electromagnetic fields. Everything else is seemingly impossible to comprehend intuitively, you just work your tail off to compute reaction rates according to some algorithms.

Oh yeah. String theory is 100 times harder than this.

Way to make things more coplicated i wasnt going in to top and bottom quarks yet then we have to use math and no one wants to sit through that.

As far as string theory its dying a slow death it has yet to make one prediction in fact cant even prove some of our current observations. Theirs some die hards still playing with it but most scientists have begun to believe its just wrong.Thats why the push into quantum mechanics since it has made predictions and has been proven such as the higgs boson.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Bleeeeep
Hot and cold is just entropy. More energetic systems slow down when in contact with less energetic systems and less energetic systems speed up when in contact with more energetic systems.

entropy = stabilization = wave-particle duality = kinetic convection + electromagnetic field/orbit/convection = all motion.

Is this right or right? lol

Laws of thermodynamics so yes your right energy is transferred.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Why, then, do people think electromagnetism and thermodynamics is like magic fields of whooooo and spooky stuff?

Why do they not see that there must be something else(aether) there and the motion of everything is just convection circles?

That is, everything is just moving away, based on the path of least resistance, as it gains more energy; and when there is likened energy you get stabilization, wave-particles, atoms, planets, solar systems, galaxies, etc.

It's a gigantic thermoelectric convection system.
edit on 10/2/2013 by Bleeeeep because: comma to semicolon

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have to agree, he doesn't seem lucid at all, spouting pieces of rubbish after rubbish after rubbish once again in the "I know and you don't, listen to my prophecy" style that is quite common. I watched the whole car video and I can say that he appears to be quite delusional to his idea of the universe. Most of it doesn't even make sense.

"I studdied the sun for 4 years straight and it is obviously hollow"

He also claims that there is no light, and then goes on about

Well done sir... SuperK and SNO studied the sun for about 3 times as long as that and it is pretty well established that neutrinos come from the sun, If you look at SuperK data you can actually tell where the sun is from the increased flux along the moving line of sight.

The whole sunspot thing is also garbage If you look at the data that exists, sunspot activity goes hand in hand with the solar cycle and solar flux, there is an increase in the 1950s with the highest being 1960s era... after that... it has been elevated but fairly high. with an apparent drop off towards today. What is interesting though is that it was almost constant in its peaks between 1860 and 1930... oooh but lets just ignore that shall we and throw about statements like "in the dark ages" because you know, its called the dark ages because it was darker back then. *Yawn*

Also, sunspots being holes? and it being black inside? please please please understand photography... The surface of the sun is fairly bright i thing everyone would agree. Now when you setup equipment to take a photograph there is something called... dynamic range... that is the range of maximum to minimum sensitivity. The difference between black and white if you will. Now if you want to take a photograph of the sun and not have your camera/ccd equipment flood, you have to operate it at low gain and take a very small exposure (probably through a filter)

Now I know it might be hard to believe but... a sunspot appears black because it is cooler and doesn't emit as much light, and it appears black because the difference in the luminosity is much larger than the dynamic range of the ccd's used to capture the images. There are images that clearly show umbra structure.

Sunspots are surface magnetic breaks where the underlying magnetic fields break the surface convection, they are amazing and beautiful and there are a lot of unknowns about them... But in case people didn't know, they were a fascination by humans for centuries... and studying the sun with a bit of equipment for 5 years i am quite sorry doesn't allow the statement "it is obviously hollow" to be even the slightest bit true... when the fact is you fail to understand even basic physics

Oh and for the record, if you had a thermometer on the moon... to be pedantic, if you moved it between light and shadow, the reading wouldn't change all that quickly :p but in principle the statement is correct. there is a popular myth about exploding and freezing in space which is simply 99% garbage. It would take a human body about 30 minutes to come down about 5-10 degrees in body temperature. You would be dead sure... but you would take a few hours before freezing. You also wouldn't explode, you would slowly (very slowly) start to outgas and boil in the hard-vacuum but that process is very slow.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Bleeeeep

Why, then, do people think electromagnetism and thermodynamics is like magic fields of whooooo and spooky stuff?

Why do they not see that there must be something else(aether) there and the motion of everything is just convection circles?

That is, everything is just moving away, based on the path of least resistance, as it gains more energy; and when there is likened energy you get stabilization, wave-particles, atoms, planets, solar systems, galaxies, etc.

It's a gigantic thermoelectric convection system.
edit on 10/2/2013 by Bleeeeep because: comma to semicolon

Because there isnt an aether your thinking of a field as energy instead of potential energy. Field doesnt exist well how to word this lets say a field cannot be seen or felt in any way until there is a fluctuation. See this is why trying to use analogies is dangerous in physics when i say something like its a wave on a lake. You go ah i get that then want to put all the properties of water in to a wave form. When the universe was created there was a huge amount of energy some went to creating particles however some just disappeared.But as we established thats impossible it had to go somewhere. Well it did it was stored as potential energy in fields. Like a rock being on a cliff we kick it off the potential energy it has stored is lost as it drops to the bottom. Until we kick it off the cliff you cant see or measure this energy it doesnt exist. Not until we interact with the rock by kicking it.Well fields are the same way not until a particle interacts with the field do we see this energy. So things like convection can only happen if you have a fluid or medium .A field is not a medium at all does that make sense to you?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The energy you put into the rock goes into the other fields around it (as it goes through entropy.)

Potential energy is the energy that wasn't lost, yet - but will be lost as entropy occurs.

Fields and all forms are made one thing - aether. They just appear to be different because their motion (convection paths) is/are different.

The reason it is hard for you to explain is because its wrong? Can't say it simply then you don't understand it, right?

Not trying to be mean - I just like my understanding better. It fits better without having to become redundant or overly complicated.

Think entropy/gravity/all of it = stabilization and you'll get it. (The less energetic/more stable forms are forced to the center of the convection paths like a whirlpool/tornado.)
edit on 10/2/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join