It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the Myths of Settled Science

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

That video was interesting. I cannot completely agree with every concept he puts forth, as he is falling into the same logically conceptual snares that others easily fall into. However, what he states is very close to what I have logically determined.

The main conceptual problems are threefold:

1. Time is a substance, and a constant.

Time is treated in physics as if it was a physically flowing substance, when all evidence I have seen has shown it to be an effect. By effect, I mean that time is an abstract concept, which is observable as an effect of the motion of something else. Initially, our notion of time was based not upon a physical force, but ultimately is derived from the division of a day/night cycle, or more specifically the spin of the earth in relation to the sun. An hour was a fraction of a day, or 1/24th of a cycle. Now, our conception of time is based upon radioactive decay, which tends to be more precise. However, the modern system of reference is still ultimately based upon the original 24 hour cycle.

Both forms of measurement are based upon motion, and not upon the movement of a provable physical force.

This is demonstrable. Remove any form of reference, and time ceases to have any meaning for a human being, such as has been proved through time deprivation experiments. Minutes become indistinguishable from hours, seconds, or even days. Without motion (a form of change), time loses all meaning.

The concept of relative time 'speeding up' or 'slowing down' should be expected at this point, since motion can change due to circumstance or environment.

TIME, ITSELF, HAS NEVER BEEN A CONSTANT! (emphasis added) Time change in one frame does not affect time change in another. If the two frames become one, the separate frames must synchronize or one frame is being given preference over another. Examine Einstein's imaginative thought experiment of Earth and the ship.

One ship leaves planet earth at close to C, and sees time slow on earth. The people of Earth see time speed up on the ship. Both references are due to the motion of the photons transferring between each reference frame. The theory holds that if the ship returned to earth, the people on the ship would have stopped ageing, and the people of earth would have dramatically aged in comparison.

However, if the first conception is true then this conception I shall pose is true as well, for the same reason.

If the ship turned, and then accelerated back to earth, time on earth would seem to slow and time on the ship would seem to speed up. When they meet, the people on earth would be exactly the same age as the people on the ship. The change in time is exposed as mere illusion.

The truth of the matter is that time itself is relative, and has little meaning. It is a reference, a measuring tool, whose usability is limited to circumstance. Entropy (IE aging), is not dependent upon our perception of information based upon photons striking the rods and cone in our eyes.

2. Numerically constant VS. Substantially constant

There are often different terms used for this concept, but it is a fancy way to state, without stating, that the theory is correct and the evidence is flawed. Simply speaking, it is a based upon the fact that the mathematical construct does not match the measured computations of the evidence, combined with the preconceived assumption that the mathematical construct is true towards the particular measured application. The preconceived assumption then supposedly equals the evidence, and both are counted as valid.

This is a classical logical fallacy. If the evidence does not match, then the construct is flawed or is being incorrectly applied.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.wildheretic.com

Serious stuff! To be seriously considered!

SSSS
This a fascinating 10 pages. The implication of the findings are obviously enormous.

Readers might also enjoy some of the paradigm shifting notions discussed in
this most excellent thread.
The 'cold' of space and our Universe that isn't.

And strange as it sounds, I now tend to believe that the moon I see
in the sky is a projection, the Earth is the center, and We are very special indeed!

Happy reading, my friends.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
I know, it hurts when you have to adjust belief...
Are you hurting?

I've known our solar system was orbiting the milky way at an angle since I was 9, so the only thing that hurts me is someone claiming to shatter preconceived notions with something more accurate, and they can't even get it right. So yes I blame the animator, and also you for posting a video that was wrong without noting it was wrong.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

dragonridr
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Relativity is not only based on astronomical observations in fact the global positioning system is based on it and uses Einstines equations to account for the time dialations. So to say its wrong doesnt make sense your only argument would be if you had a theory that provides the same results.As i said if you want to explain what you believe is happening great but so far from what you have written i cant possibly see how time causes gravity care to enlighten us?

Read some recent posts on my anti gravity thread about sat clocks.
I have elaborated about time and gravity elsewhere several times in my posts.
You'll have to look them up

Somehow thats what i thought you would say but i was hoping for better. This is the problem with people they hook into a belief but then try to get away with out doing the homework.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

This guy is clueless first the solar system is off set to the galactic plane second the sun wobbles back and forth as it travels and the planets wobble with it because there gravitationally locked,this turns his beautiful spirals in to a complete mess.Lets throw in orbits are ellipses and not circles there is a near point and a far point to earth rotation around the sun. Then the planets wobble in there orbits as well picture the earth being wobbled with the sun at the same time it wobbles in its own orbit making the earths path through the galaxy jump in different directions.And if thats not enough we can add torq in to the mix as well this causes precession of not only are planet but our solar system as well. His theory would also do away with the Doppler effect we would see a constant blue or red shift because the earth wouldnt be circling the sun it would be travelling with the sun.then theres parallax as well we use this to measure distance. In his model it wouldnt work at all. So observation doesnt match his theory and science tells us when that happens your wrong.
edit on 10/14/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The Sun is just a Particle travelling really really fast through an uncompressed fluid with other Particles bound to it.

You are just living on a particle!!

How fast is the milky way travelling, then add the speed of the sun itself, then the speed of the earth rotating around it.

Our Velocity is exponentially enormous.

Are we already travelling at the speed of light, and if so does light have to be travel that much faster to be light??

That'y why if something even touches, this happens.

Shoemaker-Levy 9 impact on Jupiter
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zNuT4dbdjU
www.youtube.com...

Reference quote:

AbleEndangered
Do you believe the Earth is Flat??

Earth Is Not Really Orbiting The Sun
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDYQzMYi0Sc
www.youtube.com...

If you compare the spirals in the above video to particle accelerator impact models, they are quite similar.

What happens in a particle accelerator
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcyYNxq27Fs
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The solar system is a particle really?????? You know those charts they showed you in school of the atom thats not how they looked protons dont actually orbit the nucleus it forms a cloud of probability. so no nice orbits this is a high school kids idea before he learns about physics.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
In my Opinion, I believe the Universe is a living Breathing Cell among many more Cells...

The Universe serves the same function a cell does!!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
In my Opinion, I believe the Universe is a living Breathing Cell among many more Cells...

The Universe serves the same function a cell does!!

My suggestion would be to look at what a cell actually looks like and you see right away this cant be possible. I was also going to wait until some people here explained there theory to explain this but they seem unwilling to do so. So what ill do is explain a miss conception of Einsteins theory instead. Now people think travelling at the speed of light effects time well thats not exactly true he said it effects space time. And space time is relative to the observer. Lets say we have a car that can travel the speed of light and we turn on the head lights what do you think happens? Does the driver not see the head lights well in fact he will they will light up the road ahead. But wait didnt he tell us nothing can travel faster then light?? So if the car is moving 300000 KPS and the light travels away at 300000 KPS then that light beam must be travelling at 600000 KPS right?

Well since we know this cant possibly happen what actually does happen? Well as i said time is not the important factor space is. Lets continue with are car analogy are cars going down the road at the speed of light but the driver is holding up a meter stick out the window and a clock on the dashboard. Maxwell's equations indicate that light moves at the speed of light, regardless of the motion of the observer. Because of this, some mind boggling effects occur:

To the driver life is good he sees a meter stick seconds continue to pass by on his clock and light goes steaming away at the speed of light. but know we have an observer on the side of the road what would they see? Well hed see the car approach at the speed of light but then notice something very strange the meter stick would be 0 length. Then he looks at the clock to him it stopped and the headlights he would see light stuck at the edge of the headlights. Did time distort to cause this no space did to the observer in the car space expands meaning light still moves at the speed of light and if he clocked it would be 300000 KPS. light seems its moving faster because it can cover more distance in the same time. To the observer on the outside just the opposite they see space shrink but to them that light is still traveling 300000 KPS.What we call a time dilation like with a GPS satellite is a change in distance not time. If this doesnt make sense let me know ill try another way good nite all.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Check this out, I might have shown this to you before in another thread but still is cool.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_background_radiation
en.wikipedia.org...

One image showing the red and blue shift resembles the Yin and Yang.

That Cosmic Background Radiation is either Our Cellular Wall, or the Edge of our Simulation...

In duality is it a wave or particle.

If its also a wave, it is also travelling at the speed of light or faster....the Quantum Speed...

Youngs Quantum Exponential Light experiment.

An introduction to quantum interferometry:
Young’s experiment with fock and coherent states PDF
www.scielo.org.mx/pdf/rmfe/v53n1/v53n1a12.pdf
www.scielo.org.mx...

Dr Quantum - Double Slit Experiment
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
www.youtube.com...

The Yin and Yang oddly represents this Duality...
edit on 15-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: format

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

Check this out, I might have shown this to you before in another thread but still is cool.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_background_radiation
en.wikipedia.org...

One image showing the red and blue shift resembles the Yin and Yang.

That Cosmic Background Radiation is either Our Cellular Wall, or the Edge of our Simulation...

In duality is it a wave or particle.

If its also a wave, it is also travelling at the speed of light or faster....the Quantum Speed...

Youngs Quantum Exponential Light experiment.

An introduction to quantum interferometry:
Young’s experiment with fock and coherent states PDF
www.scielo.org.mx/pdf/rmfe/v53n1/v53n1a12.pdf
www.scielo.org.mx...

Dr Quantum - Double Slit Experiment
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
www.youtube.com...

The Yin and Yang oddly represents this Duality...
edit on 15-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: format

Well i do remember that and i also admitted that i believe everything in the universe is connected though the life form idea is a bit much.

Now a wave function is still restricted to the speed of light however the field is everywhere like a lake you throw a stone in the middle waves travel outward. The waves arent actually moving there causing a fluctuation in the water molecules all ready there and in the case of space cant move faster then light.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The Unified Field!!

Now think of yourself as a White blood cell for the Earth... and check out these...

These Nobel Prize winners discovered a whole

For their discoveries of machinery regulating vesicle traffic,
a major transport system in our cells:
www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2013/press.html
www.nobelprize.org...

www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2013/med_image_press_eng.pdf
www.nobelprize.org...

ENG - Traveling inside a cell: avoiding traffic jams and accidents (I) - 2010
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPU3SMeg4hQ
www.youtube.com...

Inner Life Of A Cell - Full Version.mkv
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKW4F0Nu-UY
www.youtube.com...

Do you can imagine your everyday behavior as part of a greater system!!

We may not want to be considered a cancer in the cosmic realm...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Got 2 more videos showing these machines at work.

DNA Replication
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqESR7E4b_8
www.youtube.com...

and, you might have seen this one in another thread.

Eukaryotic Cell Cycle | Biology | Genetics
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_PNiLWBjY
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Speed of light may not be a constant after all...

Speed of light broken?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEnBX9BJ4M
www.youtube.com...

Using BEC to Slow Down Light
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK6HxdUQm5s
www.youtube.com...

Visualizing Light slowed down
Laser pulse shooting through a bottle and visualized at a trillion frames per second
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fSqFWcb4rE
www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light
en.wikipedia.org...

There was an experiment I read about that increased the speed of light in a nano crystal.

This seems to have been "scrubbed" from the internet. I wonder why...not!
edit on 15-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

You're reminding me of a website I posted about earlier:

Mary Rose
This is an interesting and information-packed webpage: "The Aether Experiments and the Impact on Cosmology" by Conrad Ranzan (2007):

. . . The emergence of a modern aether theory has led Professor Reginald T. Cahill to the causal mechanism of gravity and the author to the intrinsic cellular structure of the Universe.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

When they reexamined the experiment it was a malfunction with the equipment if i remember a cable of some sort. So no we can still say nothing moves faster then light. Trust me when i say if we found a violation of the speed of light science as we know it would fall apart. Because the minute light doesnt have a speed limit then everything in physics is history and we have to start all over throwing out over 100 years of science.So trust me when i say there wouldnt be a person on the planet that doesnt know. You can slow light down but you can never get it to move faster then 300000 KPS.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

According to Dr. John V. Milewski, there is light, and there is superlight: "Dr. John V. Milewski's Magnetricity"

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Speed of light may not be a constant after all...

In general, light will slow down in any medium other than a vacuum, due to photon-plasmon interactions with the medium.

Within that medium, you can get "faster than light" (in that medium) phenomena. A classic one is the blue glow in water moderated reactors. That is a sort of "shock wave" analogous to a sonic boom in air, as charged particles break the speed of light in that medium. It's called Cherenkov radiation.

The speed of light in a vacuum IS a constant.

There are some interesting places where it seems as if light is going faster than light in a vacuum, that isn't a group velocity trick. But it's still unclear what's exactly going on in there.

A lot of what you read in MSM as "Scientist discovers magical faster than light phenomenon!" is a typical misunderstanding by a non-technical journo trying to understand some group velocity issue and failing miserably.

eta: I'm leaving out really uberweird conditions where you have relativistic conditions involving bizarre physical setups you couldn't get in a natural universe. e.g. Tipler's "Rotating cylinders and the possibility of global causality violation".
edit on 16-10-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Can light affect or impart its energy on any particles besides electrons? Or if there is matter it cannot, why cant it? Im wondering how/why electrons create light, and light can disappear by imparting its energy onto electrons, if light has no mass and no charge, how is it interacting with an electron? So any amount of light that heads into an atom, no matter how large or small, will be absorbed by the electron/orbitals? And this is purely a transfer of momentum which once given the electron maintains indefinitely?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

ImaFungi
reply to post by Bedlam

Can light affect or impart its energy on any particles besides electrons? Or if there is matter it cannot, why cant it? Im wondering how/why electrons create light, and light can disappear by imparting its energy onto electrons, if light has no mass and no charge, how is it interacting with an electron? So any amount of light that heads into an atom, no matter how large or small, will be absorbed by the electron/orbitals? And this is purely a transfer of momentum which once given the electron maintains indefinitely?

Typically, it will immediately re-emit the light, if it's in plasmons it retains phase and direction, if it's an orbital transition it doesn't. This is what you see in those experiments where "light slows down to a crawl", in which case you've put energy into plasmon patterns/deformation and it doesn't immediately re-emit it.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join