It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardline Islamists force Miss World pageant from Indonesia to Bali

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UsualSuspect
Bali is part of Indonesia..... So they have just moved it to a part of their country that is more accessible to tourists.

Technically Bali is part of Indonesia, but it's Hindu and it enisles itself from the fundamentalist leanings of the mainland. It not so long ago resisted a push for the banning of females wearing bikinis on the island (which would have devastated their heavily tourist dependant economy).

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Why not hold the Miss World contest in some conservative part of some Israeli city?

And then when the conservative Jews protest the same contest, I dare people like you to call their beliefs a "virulent cerebral malady".

A) The pageant was being held near Jakarta - the capital of Indonesia - not next to a mosque filled with Imams preaching the decapitation of the American infidel.

B) Jews, Moslems and Christians are all cut from the same sullied, Abrahamic cloth- I have no problem in calling any of the applicable godtards out for the un-evolved Neanderthals they are.

C) Fail again. Fail harder.

Originally posted by wildtimes
OP, could you please provide an actual working link?

Oops!

WORKING LINK

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I personally think all religions are a cancer, not just Islam.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by eletheia

OK so actually doing some due dilligence I have found out a few things.

The Indonesian representative is actually Christian, so if anything it actually demostrates that Indonesia doesnt impose its Sharia beliefs on others

Actually, what this demonstrates is that as a rising Asian power, they do not want to rustle the feathers of potential Western investors., yet.

Further edifying [family] viewing:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMahound

A) The pageant was being held near Jakarta - the capital of Indonesia - not next to a mosque filled with Imams preaching the decapitation of the American infidel.

It doesn't matter if its held in the capital of Indonesia. It is still IN Indonesia - a Muslim country, with a pretty large Muslim population, who aren't going to take well to that.... and they aren't about to change anything for anybody.

B) Jews, Moslems and Christians are all cut from the same sullied, Abrahamic cloth- I have no problem in calling any of the applicable godtards out for the un-evolved Neanderthals they are.

So basically this threads purpose is to take a jab at Abrahamic religions, mostly Islam.
Seen it all before. Try a different approach next time around.

edit on 8-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
You know, loads of people automatically jumped at "Look at all those muslims, so evil, threatening violence at such a small thing." etc.

Perhaps it is because the OP didn't actually post a link, but there was no mention of any violence or threats of violence anywhere in the quote. Should people not be allowed to protest what has (so far by everyone) been dubbed pointless, meaningless, shallow, and so on? The biggest offence I see they committed was excessive use of rhetoric, what with writing "infidel" next to the organisers' names.

EDIT: After seeing the news video the OP meant to link, I can't think how the protest could've been any more non-violent and non-threatening ("If they don't stop the pageant, we'll HOLD ANOTHER PROTEST!") unless the protesters all just went to sleep en masse.
edit on 9-9-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
You know, loads of people automatically jumped at "Look at all those muslims, so evil, threatening violence at such a small thing." etc.

Perhaps it is because the OP didn't actually post a link, but there was no mention of any violence or threats of violence anywhere in the quote.

I have posted a link now and burning effigies, toting placards with Miss Universe depicted as of the simian species isn't exactly implication of peaceful intent.

Don't be so obtuse. Given the chance to do it with impunity, those pageant contestants would have all been raped, buried into a hole up to their waists and stoned to death; as is hardline moslem wont when it comes to perceived immorality by the weaker sex.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Given the chance to do it with impunity, those pageant contestants would have all been raped, buried into a hole up to their waists and stoned to death; as is hardline moslem wont when it comes to perceived immorality by the weaker sex.

Then they would be doing it at their own risk, because surely the US and allies would invade their country, drop bombs on their villages, kill their women and children and establish freedom and democracy for everybody, right?

Seriously though, the organizers need to take that contest elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMahound
I have posted a link now and burning effigies, toting placards with Miss Universe depicted as of the simian species isn't exactly implication of peaceful intent.

That's a pretty tenuous leap. I could say that posting on a forum isn't exactly an implication of peaceful intent. Or eating food. Or talking. Or walking. Are you a warmonger, then? Perhaps you mixed up on language a bit, but nobody was trying to implicate peaceful intent. You, however, were trying to implicate violent intent, and I'm sorry, but burning effigies and toting placards with the concept of Miss World represented as a monkey are totally non-violent forms of protest, used peacefully (as it was that day) throughout the world. The point is, the protest WAS peaceful.

Originally posted by MisterMahound
Don't be so obtuse. Given the chance to do it with impunity, those pageant contestants would have all been raped, buried into a hole up to their waists and stoned to death; as is hardline moslem wont when it comes to perceived immorality by the weaker sex.

Don't be so obtuse. Given the chance to do it with impunity, you'd murder, rob, nuke, and then just rob again, every muslim ever.

Ohwait, you won't? What a silly assumption I made!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Then they would be doing it at their own risk, because surely the US and allies would invade their country, drop bombs on their villages, kill their women and children and establish freedom and democracy for everybody, right?

Wrong.

There is no oil in Indonesia and Australia is already a staunch ally that gives the U.S. a foothold in Oceania / Asia to keep tabs on the Chinese.

babloyi
Given the chance to do it with impunity, you'd murder, rob, nuke, and then just rob again, every muslim ever.

Ohwait, you won't?

No. You're right- I would.

For those who are brainwashed by superstition are intellectually retarded, cannot offer the world or our species anything, only hold us back and, to paraphrase a famous Japanese animé character, 'are already dead '.
edit on 10-9-2013 by MisterMahound because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Wrong.
There is no oil in Indonesia and Australia is already a staunch ally that gives the U.S. a foothold in Oceania / Asia to keep tabs on the Chinese.

You assert that muslims kill everybody they have a problem with, but get extremely defensive when somebody asserts that Americans kill everybody they have a problem with.

Either way, if like you say, Americans only bomb and invade countries that have oil, that still doesn't speak well of them.

edit on 10-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

No. You're right- I would.

For those who are brainwashed by superstition are intellectually retarded, cannot offer the world or our species anything, only hold us back and, to paraphrase a famous Japanese animé character, 'are already dead '.

Sweet.
Now if only more atheists speak this way. (Especially the more high profile ones, not merely the nameless ones on internet forums) ... It would reveal the obvious truth that atheists are indeed out to harm everybody they see as "holding them back" - as you said you would.

In the process it would greatly help in blotting out the general idea that atheists are somehow intellectual giants who are just itching to "offer the world" something positive.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
You assert that muslims kill everybody they have a problem with

No. I make statements of fact that moslems - proper, pious moslems; not the Western coined 'moderate muslims' (an ilk of follower that, in the eyes of their god, is little better than the "infidel") - kill those that stand the way of the Islamisation of the globe.

It's the fundamental tenet of the Qu'ran: dawah (preaching / conversion) > if that does not work, relegation to second class citizen status (a practice which gave rise to The Crusades, incidentally) > if that, too, is resisted > death.

sk0rpi0n
Now if only more atheists speak this way.

I'm not an "atheist" and take umbrage to being labelled thus. I'm a free-thinking human being who predicates his / her opinions on facts garnered empirically.

The term 'atheism' is just another -ism or belief little different to organised religions themselves. That is, to declare there is "no god" without evidence to back up the claim is a asinine as the argumentum e silentio approach religions take in qualifying their stance.

Also, the 'intellectual superiority' of someone that does not espouse airy-fairy beliefs based on books contrived by kings, misogynists and murderers, simply because "everyone else does", is implied.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm a free-thinking human being who predicates his / her opinions on facts garnered empirically.

Whatever you want to call it.

It doesn't change the fact that you stated that you are willing to murder, rob, nuke, and then just rob again in this post... of yours.

Babloyi said : Given the chance to do it with impunity, you'd murder, rob, nuke, and then just rob again, every muslim ever. Ohwait, you won't?

You said : No. You're right- I would.

The term 'atheism' is just another -ism or belief little different to organised religions themselves. That is, to declare there is "no god" without evidence to back up the claim is a asinine as the argumentum e silentio approach religions take in qualifying their stance.

Nice. Take this up with the atheists.

edit on 10-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

1. You used the words "rob", "nuke" etc. I merely agreed with the sentiments and suffixed one of ATS's fine, new, diabolical emoticons as a wry exclamation.

2. Anyone in there right mind (and by 'right mind' I mean human beings that want to survive and hopefully one day move to the stars- the very meaning of life) would want to neutralise a threat to their existence. Anything less can be deemed a suicidal tendency; a broken / malfunctioning human being (see: Islamist martyrs, for example).

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

MisterMahound

1. You used the words "rob", "nuke" etc. I merely agreed with the sentiments and suffixed one of ATS's fine, new, diabolical emoticons as a wry exclamation.

2. Anyone in there right mind (and by 'right mind' I mean human beings that want to survive and hopefully one day move to the stars- the very meaning of life) would want to neutralise a threat to their existence. Anything less can be deemed a suicidal tendency; a broken / malfunctioning human being (see: Islamist martyrs, for example).

You want to move to the stars one day?
wouldn't it be HOT like HELL.. well anyways people have a right to wish whatever they want to wish..

the people you are grouping as "

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

MisterMahound

wouldn't it be HOT like HELL.. well anyways people have a right to wish whatever they want to wish..

the people you are grouping as "right minded" do not need any outside help that needs to threaten their existence, they are already suicidal and running headlong towards their destruction. Muslims are just objecting to the lemming party that they are being forcefully invited to join :

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

MisterMahound

the people you are grouping as "right minded" do not need any outside help that needs to threaten their existence, they are already suicidal and running headlong towards their destruction. Muslims are just objecting to the lemming cliff jumping party that they are being forcefully invited to join

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

MisterMahound

the people you are grouping as "right minded" do not need any outside help that needs to threaten their existence, they are already suicidal and running headlong towards their destruction. Muslims are just objecting to the lemming cliff jumping party that they are being forcefully invited to join

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join