It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Several thousand' North Korean prisoners feared dead -

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If the U.S. wants to be hounding anyone, and potentially starting a war, it should be with North Korea. I firmly believe the suffering in Syria pales in comparison with hundreds of thousands of people slowly starving to death, children included.
North Korea's government.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
Send Dennis Rodman to one of the concentration camps for a month and lets see how long he will choose to be friends with his new buddy. His naivety is shocking.

Maybe he has already been to these camps, and he can play god there. Maybe that's why he likes his new friend. I don't know. Have you thought about that?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

the problem with Syria is, the gassing wasn't done by Assad's forces. it was done by the rebels. USA is responsible for it. and they blame Assad's government and demand action, while they are the ones that should be sentenced for crimes against humanity.

the problem with Syria is, it's not about the use of chemical weapons, nor killing innocent people. not at all. it's a spark that's bound to ignite this world and change it through world war in ways hard to imagine. read this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and sadly, no matter how many innocent people will die in Korea, as long as USA isn't paying attention, it doesn't matter as much as the situation in Syria does. why? because wherever USA government is sticking their noses, they create mayhem and war, and the situation in Syria puts the whole world in grave danger. no matter how many citizens of Korea will die in prisons, it won't lead to global conflict. situation in the middle east, with Israel just waiting for things to happen, will.

so please, don't compare these two regions and the situations within, because as tragic the death of innocents is, it is nothing compared to the consequences of the lies about what's going on in Syria, that we all shall witness.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
At least Dennis Rodman has a new friend and will open the new lil' dictators eyes to western ideology about human rights an stuff... right?

Sigh.

That country is so twisted, even taking into account Western hyperbole regarding conflicting political-economic systems, that nothing really surprises me.

Unfortunately, our policies are not blameless either as sanctions rarely effect the leaders... just the little guys, who are then supposed to rise up and overthrow the bad leader for someone more malleable to banking interests. It's hard to rise up when starving, though.

It's surprising how many different ways selfishness and elitism can be expressed on this planet.

It comes down to finding an effective way to persuade groups of people to become part of a system without putting a gun to their heads and/or erasing their history.

Maybe Madison Ave. (or MKUltra) will save the world after all by figuring out how to sell an equatable, stable economic system to the masses... once one that works better than nepotistic fascist corporatism or beat down nepotistic fascist communism is devised.

edit on 9/10/2013 by Baddogma because: forgot to finish painfully obvious post

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Just to get back on topic.
I've looked at the satellite images of camp 22, these were of June this year.
It clearly shows that the camp has decreased in size.
Outer perimeter fencing has been removed and guard towers were taken down completely. They also removed some footbridges in the west of camp 22. There's only a small section that is still fenced near the mines, it also still has guard towers. So it's likely that there are still prisoners housed there. Also the pile of coal outside of the mine has increased compared to last year's images. So it's likely that the mine is still in operation.

I've also looked at satellite images of camp 25, to which is thought that prisoners from camp 22 were moved to.
Camp 25 has been expended a lot over the past 3 years. Right now it's roughly 4 times bigger than it was 3 years ago.
With bigger I mean the area that it covers.
There have also been some changes to the buildings there, a "memorial hall" with a glass dome has been build, as well as a reflecting pool to the east of it. Also a new administration building has been build and new guard towers have been build to the west, southwest and south. They also have completely removed the AA site to the east of the camp.
But the odd thing is that no visible additional housing for prisoners have been build.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

SlackOps
It has been noted that the Korean War never actually ended. (re: DMZ) That is Six decades in a standoff.

Don't wrack your brain trying to come up with a solution here and now.

For the last 60 years the people of NK have been told that the capitalist pig-dog Westerners are coming for them... to kill them all, or worse.

Would the people of NK view intervention as help? Probably not. They would more likely see it as an invasion. Appearances suggest they would be more afraid of defying the "state" than any foreign aggressors, especially Americans.

Can 60 years of statist programming be undone?
We may not view the people of NK as an enemy, but it is doubtful that the feeling is mutual.

Well slowly but surely information about the outside world is starting to get through. Smuggled DVDs with western films etc and now mobile phones. If one is close enough to the Chinese boarder for example a NK could pick up the net and mobile phone network from there and in comparison to NK China must be a breath of fresh air!

I pray that one day the people of NK are freed. Here is to hoping that they will be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join