It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just often wonder what the future holds.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I just find that life has a lot of twists and turns. I've had a lot happen in my life over the last 3 years. Not for the better though. So I just find that I spend a lot of time wondering what the future holds. And after all thats' gone down it kinda killed a lot of my desire in life. I don't desire anything really. If I had the money to buy a house again I guess I'd probably do that. But it isn't a high priority. It seems like it would just be a lot of work.

The only thing I've thought a bit about is possibly one day maybe living maybe out of a Van and traveling around the country. I think someone said that's kinda how many people get when they get older. And I'm a bit older, but I've gone threw a ton of crazy events already in life. But still I just find that I tend to wonder what the future may hold and what I should do. Or if I should even bother making an plans.

Meanwhile I am working on a few projects and I'm hoping they'll pay off, but even if they do I don't think I'd really go out of my way to buy anything else even if they did make money. Maybe only a camper van. I just often wish I knew what to do in life anymore at this stage of the game. I'm 38 now. I guess I shouldn't get down, I should try and be more optimistic. I think I'm going threw a bit of a mid life crisis, only that the crisis is real. I got completely wiped out financially speaking.

So now I'm just here thinking, how do I pick up the pieces and even if say I do, what then? I have no interest or desire to buy or have anything anymore. My ego is completely gone. Nothing to prove to anyone anymore. I'm not sure where I'm even going with this but the point was I guess I'm just trying to change my future but for what exactly and why? I don't even know. What I mean by that is to make a bunch of money to get sucked into becoming a brainwashed hypnotized consumer driven automaton again doesn't hardly appeal to me. But I think what I'm trying to say is I don't exactly want to waste the rest of my life either doing nothing and or not trying to strive for something. if that make sense.

Any advice is appreciated.
edit on 8-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Vince Guaraldi once wrote a song that suggests an option.. "Cast Your Fate to the Wind"

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The next evening you have free, drive out into the country where the crickets are cricketing. Park, roll down your windows, turn your radio off lay back your head and for two or three hours listen to what the crickets suggest. There is no wasted life.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Having been through the wringer a few times, (mostly due to evil /jealous / stealing ex boyfriends / 'relatives') including with regards to houses, I now use my wisdom in choosing people in my life and material things.

My answer now is to buy useful, I buy quality well made furniture that lasts, I buy well made clothes of certain status brands, same for technology etc, all have a high resale value should I choose to. I do not buy useless whimsical things like I used to. I also don't get caught up in any finance schemes that cost more than they are worth. I refrain from befriending those that aren't trustworthy and refuse any other controlling my finances and choices.

So essentially, whilst I have quality products, I know that when I choose on replacing them, I can put them on ebay or similar and get some payment back because people are always interested in and buy these well made products.

As for property, practical is better for the long term. I know I have to have a garage, a certain amount of space and rooms, as well as outdoor space and time saving location with a certain amount of nature in the surroundings. Ideally I plan on having my own self sufficient property built, which can be done for less than buying on the open market.

I know people that did the camper van thing in their 20's but none ever sustained it, apart from some traveller types I met at Glasto, but that way of life isn't for me, or most people.

Sometimes people do that until they can get their finances together but there are probably easier options, that aren't so isolating or soul zapping.

As for the rat race, my facebook is full of people being competitive, the biggest TV, the biggest 4x4, the best holidays, the nicest house etc, and those people tend to be the kind that if you put a picture of your child on your own page, they will put 3 of theirs doing something similar at an attempt at being ''better''.

In my opinion, those type of people aren't ''better'', they perhaps just don't realise the important things in life and the value of things other than material possessions.

The basic cause of such greed and jealousy is the wrong people have been controlling things, if humanity realises this and ousts them then things will improve.

edit on 8-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Living the gypsy life style in my Pick Up and camper was the happiest time of my life.

Working odd jobs, meeting new friends and exploring America, Mexico and Canada...fantastic experience.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I've been going through hell as well baby, some days much darker than others.
But I kinda get through the blues and uncertainty remembering a saying from my late dad...

" Every day is a good day, some are just better than others "

The future may suprise us, life is full of the unexpected baby, just go with the flow and seize any opportunity that the fates cast your way.
Live as you wanna live man....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Vince Guaraldi once wrote a song that suggests an option.. "Cast Your Fate to the Wind"

Here's an appropriate video....
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Every day that you wake up is a new beginning. The day is yours to make what you wish. Positive thinking in spite of adversity says a lot of a character of a man/or woman.

You have to pull yourself out of this slump. It is a slippery slope that takes a lot of work to get back to the top.

Surround yourself with positive people, and if you cannot find any , surround yourself with animals. My pets show me unconditional love (except for my cat, and she only loves me when her food dish is empty!).

Just know that brighter days are ahead. THe sun WILL come out tomorrow.

Stop thinking of the bad and concentrate on the smallest good you can find in each day. Relish the good. Push the bad to the back of your mind.

YOU GOT THIS!!

Hugs to you!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If you wish to travel, then travel and enjoy the journey. I myself have been through a lot in my life. Chronic pain limits me as to where I go and what I do. I am content to have a couple of close and well chosen friends in my life and my family to spend quality time with. I am content to do a craft project and feel the love and pride of making something beautiful. I give most of those things to people I know. I am thankful for the quiet alone time just reading a book out in the yard with the wind in my hair and the birds singing.

Life can be very dark and chaotic and even scary with uncertainties and worries. Do what you enjoy. Spend time with those who inspire, who make you laugh, who make you really think. I wish you well in your endevours.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I know I shouldn't complain because I know there's tons of people who are far far far worse off than me. But I just find that life seems so hopeless lately. So I sometimes think I should just throw my hands up and say "why even bother trying". Like my chances of things turning around might just as easily happen without me doing anything as with me doing so much work. It's nuts. That's probably what I should do infact, is just not even try so hard. Likely things will turn around on their own eventually. Just when you're facing what seems likly nearly insurmountable problems, the only thing you can do is just wait and not do anything. But then life seems to be boring too. I don't know, just seems challenging to even know what to do sometimes. I guess maybe I should get back to work on my project that offers the most potential for me. And stop working on my line of Plan B projects that might just be a waste of my time. I think there's part of me that actually is afraid of the idea that my plan A might actually work. And if it does and if it's a big success then what that will mean. So I've been working on these stupid plan b projects that are like dumb web 1.0 stuff. That means lots of work, very little reward if any. But I should focus on them as a back up plan more or less. But ya I think I've been working too hard lately. Just spinning my wheels. But ya so many dumb problems in life. Like I don't want to dwell on the problems I've done way too much of that. it's not worth it anymore. But there's about 3 major pressing issues that just constantly are on my mind. Maybe I should do less work on them and just pray more about them. Like let things work themselves out. That's probably the best idea infact.

top topics

join