It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin 2011 - Secretly Removed NSA Restrictions - FISA Court Doc Proof!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
In 2008, under Bush, the FISA court put in place an explicit ban on the searching of phone calls and emails, at the governments request. In 2011 the Obama Administration secretly got those restrictions reversed. And on top of this, they got the retention period extended from 5 years to 6. This was all done without allowing the public to debate this in any way, or affording congress the opportunity to authorize this. At the bottom of my post you will find a link to the declassified document.

Just a little reminder here... If anyone read my G20 post about the NSA, Obama claimed during the G20, that he found out every thing leaked about the NSA from the news. And then was forced to look into things after the fact. No one seemed to pick up on this new claim.

Ya know, someone always comes out with something as soon as Obama starts flapping his lips.

But in 2011, to more rapidly and effectively identify relevant foreign intelligence communications, “we did ask the court” to lift the ban, ODNI general counsel Robert S. Litt said in an interview. “We wanted to be able to do it,” he said, referring to the searching of Americans’ communications without a warrant.

The court decision allowed the NSA “to query the vast majority” of its e-mail and phone call databases using the e-mail addresses and phone numbers of Americans and legal residents without a warrant, according to Bates’s opinion.

Obama administration had restrictions on NSA reversed in 2011

______________________________________________________________________________________

At this link you will find the declassified document that outlines all of this. Happy reading!

2011 Secret FISCA Court Ruling

edit on 8-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is clearer an offense for an impeachment.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Is this just blowing off hot air, or do you honestly think so? I certainly hope this could get him impeached.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Is this just blowing off hot air, or do you honestly think so? I certainly hope this could get him impeached.

I dont care if 2014,2015 are going to be Obama's last years as the worst president of America i just hope the Congress will impeach for lying to the general public about Syria and the NSA spying programs.
edit on 8-9-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think we need to look more into that NDAA issue someone mentioned earlier and I recall about Domestic propaganda being unrestricted vs. how it always has been. We need to make sure it's still a technical violation of the law to lie to us.

As silly and stupid as it may sound? There may actually have been something making that legal in a vague enough way to cover him, given the topic matter involved. If so, then that does need nailed down and solved, as it'll be the FIRST problem to deal with. This lying to our face crap needs to stop. They've never been honest, as politicians. That isn't what I mean.

It's the bold face lying that gets me. It's beyond business as usual when it's this blatant. It's an insult. They used to have the respect to keep up appearances and make us feel good while getting shafted, anyway. Now pain seems to be the point as much as anything.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

But he hid this, thus lying through omission, while the law was still in effect. True? Plus they say that propaganda law was only related to the release of propaganda in other countries being made available to those in the US. Perhaps we should be examining this law more closely?

edit on 8-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow, I really thought this would be big news. What this means is that the Obama admin actually removed protections put in place by the Bush administration. There is no blaming Bush on this one!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I think this may be a job for...........ATS Research!

Seriously... I swear I recall hearing more than just this most recent NDAA over the years for changes and tweaks which allowed psychological operations to various degrees. Little bits in papers or caught half across cable news. There is a formal forum and process for research and deep work may be what it takes the ferret out a real answer to just how much has changed over the last 10 years on this specific thing.

Prior to the war and everything going 'secret' for it's own sake...including orders making things secret in the first place? I don't think legal status to actions like we're talking about would have been a question. Now? Heck, I just don't know what we do or do not even know at this point. So much has been slipped and slid around while it's one crisis after another, back to back to stuff the news cycles.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Bad enough that ordinary citizens communications are being intercepted in what seems clear violation of constitutional protections. Probably explains why DHS is more concerned with the citizens it was charged to protect - they found out just what John Q thinks of them.

I shudder in thinking how they have utter control of virtually all levers of power when it comes to getting other politicians, judges and military leaders to do their bidding based on NSA developed dirt. I can't fathom that 1 in a 1000 is squeaky clean enough to pass the filters - those that may be are fired like the recent spate of admirals and generals.

It is very convenient that the restrictions were removed ahead of another election cycle.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They can write the laws to make lying, stealing, and killing "legal"...but that doesn't make it Right!

new topics

top topics

join