It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdoch hits out at public servants : Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So fellow Aussies, how do you feel about a 'US-based media mogul' ripping into Australians who work in the public service and accusing people on welfare as 'phony welfare scroungers', whoever that may be?

Right or wrong, I wish this dude would rack off but obviously not going to happen.

I don't like any foreign celebrity coming to our country and voicing their political preferences, regardless of who they prefer. But this guy has a lot of stick with his ownership of the News Corp Australia network.

I find this disturbing and something that is not going to be good for this country.

Murdoch hits out at public servants

Rupert Murdoch has attacked Australia’s public servants while lauding the Coalition victory in Saturday’s Federal election.

The US-based media mogul took to social media site Twitter on Saturday evening to accuse public sector workers, along with “phony welfare scroungers,” of sucking the life out of Australia’s economy.

He predicted that “other nations” would follow Australia into more conservative politics.

“Aust election public sick of public sector workers and phony welfare scroungers sucking life out of economy,” Mr Murdoch, a US citizen, wrote.
Advertisement

“Others nations to follow in time.”

Mr Murdoch, whose Australian newspaper empire campaigned for a Coalition win, returned to Twitter in the early hours of Sunday morning to accuse public sector workers of taking many more sick days than their private sector counterparts.

“Small item: Apart from higher pay, public workers in Australia take many more sick days than those in hard working private sector!” he tweeted.

edit on 8-9-2013 by surrealist because: Insert heading word

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Foreign?

He's an ex-pat.

And a out of touch old (expletives deleted)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
look at murdocks age he aint got much time left,some can see it in his face, i say hes not well and wont be here long.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
He's getting sued by clive palmer for defamation. Rupert Murdoch.. Stay the F**K out of Aussie politics!!!! WE DO NOT WANT YOU OR YOUR NEWSPAPERS INTERFERING.

Just give us the NEWS not your VIEW!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Those american freaks!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
everyone needs to stop reading his media content.

Maybe people wouldn't be so stupid if they read a few independent news papers.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I do find it interesting in how so often criticisms are more of an individual reflection than an outward one. Just who exactly is sucking out the life and economy through promoting war?

Murdoch has very much played his part in keeping the community distracted and deceived. Now that the election is over, the true colors are emerging.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Murdoch media cheer leads for war, then hacks the phones of the dead soldiers families phone, to get a scoop to sell more papers. Yet the masses still lap it up.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

By gettng attacking welfare for individuals, he keeps the public attention away from the issue of corporate welfare which, as we all know, is an undiscussible subject in the media.

Phone up talk back radio and talk about corporate welfare and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
He's getting sued by clive palmer for defamation. Rupert Murdoch.. Stay the F**K out of Aussie politics!!!! WE DO NOT WANT YOU OR YOUR NEWSPAPERS INTERFERING.

Just give us the NEWS not your VIEW!!!

I heard abbott call him an Australian Hero.

I vomited into my own skull..

*shudders*

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I find murdoc digusting and insensitive, he has forgotton what its like to be poor, lower to middle class and people like him and that scum tony abbott and his libral party stand for the rich and the agender is rob from the poor and give to the rich, wether or not the election was rigged point is a very bad man who is also a puppett got into power and there is no way to unseat him as PM unless his party do so, i hope the public can be rid of him at some point when they see him for the demon he realy is.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

Actually he never knew what it was like to be poor or working class, His father Sir Keith Murdoch ran the
Herald newspaper in Melbourne up until the time of his death.
My Father worked as a Printer at the Herald for 42 years and met Sir Keith many times.
My dad also said that Rupert wasn't a patch on his father who he considered to be a true gentleman.
So Rupert was pretty much born with a silver spoon in his mouth and wouldn't know hard work if he fell over it.
Apparently after coming back from school at Oxford his father sent him down to work with the everyday workers which he didn't like one bit.

top topics

join