It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be the president in 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
After this messiah Obama, who will be next. Don't think for a second they will let Rand Paul be president. I think Jeb Bush will crawl out and run and win, however horrible that would be. People will vote for ANYONE now besides Obama, except for mitt Romney maybe. Will Chris Christie lose weight in time to look presentable to the public? Let me know what your thinking. Hiliary has sent sooo much money to the muslim brotherhood that I don't see how anyone would vote for her unless they are totally lacking in principle. Or will it be Marco Rubio and the latino vote? Or will Palin bust out the spectacles and pretend to know that Egypt is in Africa. My best guess is that a celebrity will come along, maybe an actor again, but a professional actor, not an actor like Obama. A woman will get it if she runs, if she is hot, that's why Hiliary will not. I say Will Smiff becomes president and jihad and al kaida will hopefully rape his son and tell him he is a whiney lil biznitch.

edit on 7-9-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Hmmmm one thing is certain: I hope the new President is not a Christian Theocrat.
edit on 7-9-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

yeah, a normal non religious fascist extremist would be nice. an honest person would be REALLY nice.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Unless the current administration can pull off a Hail Mary and pull together some sweeping actions that save the economy - the next POTUS will likely be a staunch right wing Republican who will run on ultra, ultra conservative promises ( Ban abortion, eliminate minimum wage, cut taxes across the board, gut social services, defund Medicaid, Medicare, TANF, and Social Security... and all of the other things that make extreme neocons blush and smile )....

Then He'll get into office and continue the same exact program that every President since Reagan has followed. People seem oblivious to the fact that Obama is a continuation of Bush, who was a continuation of Clinton, who was a continuation of Bush, who was a continuation of Reagan.

Every administration since Reagan has been totally and utterly pro Corporate interests and will continue to be until Congressional term limits are implemented and lobbying is banned.

IE Our government no longer serves the people, per say... it serves Wal Mart, and Haliburton, and JP Morgan, etc. The people? We're just a nuisance and disposable labor pool to be used and fleeced at will.

The illusion of the two party system is shattered for those of us on the fringes. The next election will make it so for most of the general population... once all of the Republicans elect their messiah and not only does he not repeal the AMA ( Obamacare ) but actually furthers it ( in bad ways, like raising costs for it and increasing private tax subsidies toward it - not corporate taxes though. )

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Sadly 34 percent of Americans want a theocracy and that frightens me more.

It's been just over a year since the American public observed -- many of us with morbid fascination and increasing alarm -- the Republican primary debates of the last election. Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, Perry and Santorum all pandered to their Teavangelical supporters and brought their religious and culture war agenda to the center of the national stage. With those debates fading from memory, it's tempting to conclude that this flexing of muscle by the religious right was an aberration, swept aside by President Obama's second victory.

But is that right? Have those passions faded? A YouGov Omnibus poll conducted this spring provides the answer: not at all. When asked whether they would favor or oppose establishing Christianity as the official state religion in their state, 34% of respondents were in favor (with 20% "strongly" in favor). You read that correctly: 34% in favor of establishing Christianity as the state religion, as in creating a theocracy. There's more: when asked whether they would favor an amendment to the U.S. Constitution making Christianity the official religion of the United States, 32% said yes. This was a national poll; imagine what the numbers must have been in Alabama, Kansas, and Oklahoma.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I love the way you think........

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Dear Hefficide,

It is always an honor to speak with you, I think you're responsible for persuading me to stay on ATS. (Beginning to regret that one, aren't you?) But may I ask a favor?

When you're using satire, or exaggeration for humorous effect, would you be a little less subtle? I took your first paragraph seriously for awhile.

the next POTUS will likely be a staunch right wing Republican who will run on ultra, ultra conservative promises ( Ban abortion, eliminate minimum wage, cut taxes across the board, gut social services, defund Medicaid, Medicare, TANF, and Social Security... and all of the other things that make extreme neocons blush and smile )....
You see? I finally realized you were joking, but not all will. Of course it was obvious when I thought about it. No Republican above the level of City Councilman in a town of three hundred people, has ever, or will ever, consider making the promises you mention.

As far as running a staunch right-wing Republican, that may be a possibility. Since Reagan, the Republicans haven't run one, so maybe, just by chance, one will pop up this time. Of course, whoever the Republicans run will be instantly labelled an extreme, fringe, right-wing, kook, no matter what his or her record and platform may be. We've seen that happen often enough to know it's true. So whatever names you apply to the Republican candidate now, you'll be right. That's what Democrats and the Press will call him.

Then He'll get into office and continue the same exact program that every President since Reagan has followed.
I'm very sorry, but if you believe Obama is just a continuation of Reagan, I am stunned. Oh, wait a minute. I get it. That's your super-subtle humor again. Fooled me.

I agree that the concept of crony capitalism is more appropriate to our government now than ever before. But your solution of banning lobbying is so completely unconstitutional that an America based on laws could never consider it. Term limits? Maybe, but how long has that idea been kicking around with absolutely no progress?

Why not try making government small enough that there is no incentive for industry to spend umptyleben billion dollars in lobbying? If government says "None of our business whether you build electric cars or V-8 guzzlers," subsidies for electric cars disappear and companies don't lobby for them. How much lobbying goes away if we tell the states to educate their own kids, the federal government won't spend money on it? All the lobbyists vanish.

The beauty of my solution is that it is completely Constitutional, cuts waste, returns power and freedom closer to the citizen, and reduces federal corruption. It also resolves your concern over the government serving Walmart. The governmant simply announces that beyond some safety laws (and maybe a little more), it won't interfere with Walmart, it won't hurt Walmart, it won't help Walmart or any other business. That leaves the government free to serve us.

If I've misunderstood you anywhere here, I'm truly sorry. You're a fine person and I respect you. Sometimes I think I can't keep up with you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well seeing as how Obummer can't run again anyways.... per the "laws of the land"

We get to let the Electoral College choose then next POTUS from two new faces (of the same beast)

Maybe this year, a 3rd party might actually get 5% of the popular vote so they can participate in the 2020 elections...

Oh wait our vote "matters" ... thats why the majority keep voting Demoncrat or Repulsivecan and not "wasting" their vote on a 3rd party....

pfft

new topics

top topics

join