It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Terrorist Attack, Syria, Iran, and WWIII

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

There is one dynamic that might make Iran more aggressive than you expect. Iran is primarily Shia Muslim, while the rest of the Middle East is primarily Sunni. The two simply do not get along. Shia believe that the only people who may lay claim to being a disciple of Mohammed are those of his bloodline, while the Sunni widen that net to include those who followed him regardless of bloodline. So the two groups are disagreeing on a primary point: who is worthy to follow in Mohammed's footsteps?

Syria is an exception. Despite being primarily Sunni, Syrians are also more tolerant of other Muslim sects and thus are Iran's only real ally in a world composed of potential enemies. A fight to protect Syria would become a holy war (Jihad) very quickly. Unlike the commonly accepted view of Jihad in the US, a true Jihad means nothing, absolutely nothing, is off the table militarily. It is a fight to the death with no rules.

As has been noted many many times on ATS, there is little more motivating to one who feels they are under attack than for that attack to be religious in nature.

I find it ironic that this whole time the Muslims have been propagandized in the US, the ones who have been responsible for the terrorist activities have been Sunni. Yet the "evil nation" we are to attack in the name of terrorism is Shia.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

The problem is unrestrained globalism with nato countries controlling all the resources.

Countries should be allowed to develop their economies without outside elitist intervention.

The solution is simple. Go back to protectionist measures of the old days. The local economies should be protected at all costs and imports discouraged.

Overpopulation isnt a problem yet, but we should have been exploring our solar system since we went to the moon and then suddenly quit. I honestly think there are some hostile extra-terrestrials preventing us from doing so. I would rather fight them and lose than to allow humans to backstab each other for petty reasons such as religion.

Something is definitely wrong when the only way to sustain the economy becomes war. It doesn't make sense and thus I dont believe it. It reeks of an evil agenda. Maybe you are possessed and need an excorcism? I say it in a friendly way.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

Syria is an exception. Despite being primarily Sunni, Syrians are also more tolerant of other Muslim sects and thus are Iran's only real ally in a world composed of potential enemies. A fight to protect Syria would become a holy war (Jihad) very quickly. Unlike the commonly accepted view of Jihad in the US, a true Jihad means nothing, absolutely nothing, is off the table militarily. It is a fight to the death with no rules.

Syria WAS the exception. That is no longer the case it seems. I still believe that this is a case of the west being played by Iran's leadership through a proxy war.

And it very well may be a fight to the death. I hope not though.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I'll give you a star as I think I hear what you are saying. It's just that most people do not want that to happen. Therefore, they ignore it and hope it goes away. But it won't. They ignore what you are saying at their own peril.

But such is human nature.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Has there been a shift in Syria's positions? I hadn't noticed one, but I may have missed it.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Has there been a shift in Syria's positions? I hadn't noticed one, but I may have missed it.

TheRedneck

Not that I know of when it comes to Syria's Government. But the rebels are pushing the boundaries. This has turned into another Sunni/Shia fight.

As far as I am concerned, there are no good guys in this civil war and we should stay out of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So it does beg to ask the question, - How will they go about getting us to invade Syria? Most Americans are pretty fed up with our Government and war, and I think it would it have to be something quite severe in order to change the mind set of Americans these days. The chemical weapons issues in Syria aren’t cutting it.

More than likely, IMO, our Government will stage an attack in the U.S. And after a boat load of Americans are killed, those in power will take extreme measures to make Syria look as though they were the ones who provoked the attack. Americans will be more than pissed off about it, and will BEG Obama to attack Syria.

But again, WHAT will they do to make it happen?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

OK, I see what you are saying. If the rebels manage to overcome Assad, there will be a major shift in alliances. That much I can agree with completely... as well as the fact we should stay out of it. Too bad we didn't adopt that policy when we started it by assisting the rebels and fomenting insurrection.

Of course we're getting back to the point that we had to disable Syria to make Iran vulnerable. It would be very difficult for Israel to launch against Iran with Syria sitting there on their border with all those chemical weapons (yes, I believe they possess such, just not convinced Assad used them). It's much easier when there's distance between yourself and the target to make that strike.

I will add, in response to your last comment, there are no good guys in any war. There may be aggressors and defenders, but a war by definition is a horrific mass of inhuman atrocities committed on humans by humans. War may be necessary, unfortunately, but war is never good guys versus bad guys.

It's always bad guys versus bad guys.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I agree an attack on Syria is akin to an attack on Iran, but I think despite their pact Iran won't really be able to hold true to their promise that they will completely support Syria and/or get involved militarily. Not because they are weak or don't want to, but because they know they are the main goal and that Israel is looking for any and every excuse to attack Iran.

Iran, knowing that fact, does put them in a pickle of a position. NO doubt.

However, sometimes when faced with danger--and years of repressed anger--a fighter with balls (and a belief in the Imam say) throws all caution to the inescapable winds of war and says, "Kiss my butt, punks, let's get it on!"

I've been in a tussle or two where the odds didn't look good...but my spirit demanded it. Now whut I mean?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

...second and seven for the Cowboys as they continue to keep the Rams off balance in this one-score game. Kyle Orton at quarterback, the kid from Purdue, takes the snap... he's back, looking for a target... he's got a man open downfielld... what a bullet! Right on target, this is going to change the tone of the game... and it's caught! and dropped... what?.... The Cowboy receiver just collapsed in mid-catch. Referees are calling for a time out while they can check on... wait, a referee just fell over in his tracks! Now two more Cowboys uniforms are lying on the field, four, no, five Rams next to them. It looks like the whole field is collapsing in a wave. The fans are starting to collapse as well, and now the police are trying to maintain order... people are stampeding out of the stands, some onto the field, most out of the back... there's a pile of bodies lying at the edge of the stands now, some are literally jumping... jumping out... onto... uh... something is.. wrong... help....
Source: nothing, I just made this up.

The next day, it is announced that only twenty three people caught in the stadium survived, and all of them are still in a coma and in serious condition. The Dallas Cowboys were not among them, and neither were the Rams; no players survived. The culprit was Sarin gas, the same chemical weapon used in Syria by Assad. President Obama calls on Congress to reconsider their earlier refusal to take action against Assad, and now besieged by calls, emails, and texts from angry constituents hungry for revenge, they approive a wide range of actions against Syria.

Now I ask you: is that so far-fetched, knowing what we know?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

To summarize this thread, and many others considering Syria and the Middle East in general. "This soup is as thick as mud".

The average person can try to understand what is going on, but is still helpless against the tide as it drags him out to sea.

The trick is to get those we've elected, or even those who have been put in power through nefarious means to understand that this is a route that we don't need to go down. I believe if this kicks off, no one will win.

And a hundred years from now ATS ver.20 will be discussing the same things. If we're still around that is.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

i have wondered about this same thing..
for a long time

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hmmmm....interesting scenario. I wonder who is in charge of the security at these big stadiums. I can't imagine anything being pulled off at a major sporting event without some sort of 'inside' help or without 'drills' going on.
What are these defense contractors up to stateside during all these drills that are supposed to take place in October.

On another thread [can't remember which one] , contractors were involved in some way with the gas attack in Syria. In the planning I think was mentioned??

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thank you for explaining what is the main cause in what we are seeing happen in the M.E and around the world. With everything that is happening, one tends to forget the underlying cause of this unrest. It is important to keep an eye on what decisions other countries are making with regards to how they purchase and the changes in currency that are taking place. What I am curious about now is how can the dollar regain its once powerful status as a global currency, and how we can regain the worlds trust in that currency. I believe that is part of the puzzle in resolving some, if not all of the problems plagueing the world. Of course there is, I believe no changing a greedy group of dictators bent on having everything for themselves, but even then, what you have pointed out does not hide the fact that it effects them also, and to a much greater extent considering the amount of money involved. Plus the amount of debt the U.S is in does not help matters. Maybe what needs to happen, or is going to happen because it seems to have reached that point of no return, is the complete failure of the U.S dollar and then the chaos that naturally ensues.Then, we will have to witness the birth of a new currency system----The one world currency??? Scary times ahead indeed.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

TheRedneck

Not that I know of when it comes to Syria's Government. But the rebels are pushing the boundaries. This has turned into another Sunni/Shia fight.

As far as I am concerned, there are no good guys in this civil war and we should stay out of it.

So why the hell are we aiding sunni fundamentalists to get rid of gadafhi and assad, while at the same time pretending to be unbiased about the sunni-shiite internal fight? How can it be both our fault and their fault or only assads fault, but not pimarily our fault when it comes to assigning blame?

We didnt belong there, we still dont belong there(5000 miles away from usa), we shouldnt be blaming anyone but ourselves if we WANT to be HONEST!

Of course there are no good guys, but assad/gadafhi/mubarrak were as secular as secular rule could be in THAT AREA of the world dominated by religious fundamentalists. Since two of those three leaders have been deposed of christians have been persecuted, women have become more conservative, sharia law is taking place.

I want the military dictators back!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wonder if the opec knew they were ushering in a end of sorts in 1973
with their price hike
Good thread btw op.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Cogent and concise!
However, i'm kind of a noob to all this.
I followed the thread closely, and I think I understand.
But help me clarify.. our intervention in Sryria is intended to put in a new figure head more sentimental to Western interests?
Or to look for a reason to take Iran out?
Replies would be appreciated.
What's the end goal?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Maybe someone somewhere somehow will read this and it will make a difference

Mission accomplished!

Excellent, well written post! Very important information and lots of it. A few things I wasnt aware of myself, keep up the good fight!

I just wanted to add a prophecy aspect for the sake of speculation.

Some people believe that 5 of the 7 Trumpets of the Apacolypse have already sounded, I'm sure this  can be debated. 

Here is an interesting aspect of the 6th Trumpet however,

"And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them," Revelation 9:13-16. 

"Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates."

Four nations surround the Euphrates River...Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran.

200 million man army, China? Russia?
Just speculations. I'm not usually one to quote revelations.
edit on 8-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Propulsion

...second and seven for the Cowboys as they continue to keep the Rams off balance in this one-score game. Kyle Orton at quarterback, the kid from Purdue, takes the snap... he's back, looking for a target... he's got a man open downfielld... what a bullet! Right on target, this is going to change the tone of the game... and it's caught! and dropped... what?.... The Cowboy receiver just collapsed in mid-catch. Referees are calling for a time out while they can check on... wait, a referee just fell over in his tracks! Now two more Cowboys uniforms are lying on the field, four, no, five Rams next to them. It looks like the whole field is collapsing in a wave. The fans are starting to collapse as well, and now the police are trying to maintain order... people are stampeding out of the stands, some onto the field, most out of the back... there's a pile of bodies lying at the edge of the stands now, some are literally jumping... jumping out... onto... uh... something is.. wrong... help....
Source: nothing, I just made this up.

The next day, it is announced that only twenty three people caught in the stadium survived, and all of them are still in a coma and in serious condition. The Dallas Cowboys were not among them, and neither were the Rams; no players survived. The culprit was Sarin gas, the same chemical weapon used in Syria by Assad. President Obama calls on Congress to reconsider their earlier refusal to take action against Assad, and now besieged by calls, emails, and texts from angry constituents hungry for revenge, they approive a wide range of actions against Syria.

Now I ask you: is that so far-fetched, knowing what we know?

TheRedneck

A very, very realistic scenario that is quite scary indeed!
I could see where something like that could be possible in Texas due to the fact that they don't give a rats arse about securing the border between Texas and Mexico. It wouldn't be that hard to smuggle in WMDs, just grease a few palms to look the other way, disguise them somehow ingeniously (they are more concerned with looking for drugs, not chemical weapons) and the setup is complete. Let's hope somehow this never happens....*crosses fingers, toes, and eyes*

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

reply to post by Helious

The sad thing to me is, as you say, if the truth were truly known the people would vote for war and even possibly genocide instead of chancing their 401ks turning imaginary overnight. Some would even consider a party line rather than the implications of the war. That is the saddest commentary on our present society I can imagine.

I will say this: there is more.... much more. But I will only cover so much. The die is cast and the things that must be, will be. That's all I will say about the future, but the information is out there for those who feel it is important enough to search it out.

TheRedneck

Having the ability to comprehend what is and has been happening and possessing the natural will to oppose that which you know is wrong can be a very, very lonely place at times my friend. At times in my life I have experienced profound despair at the situation and more than that, confusion that more people couldn't see what I see and for a time, I actually thought I was special..........

I was wrong. When I started to see the whole picture is when I realized and came to grips that most people do see what I see, they just choose to ignore it, they just want to be inserted back into the matrix and often times will ostracize you for disturbing their life with truth.

Keep your head up my friend, your not the only one. Social conditioning is a powerful tool, especially so when wielded by those with unlimited resources, such as the US government.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Those people don't have time to think about geo-politics, macro-economics, and all those international trade deals. All they see is rising fuel prices, rising food prices, rising gas and electricity bills, their bank paying a horribly low savings interest rate that is punishing them for having saved all their lives and stopping them for visiting family or buying new clothes for themselves.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join