It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?! Tokyo To Host 2020 Olympics?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
A: Air-Pollution is no problem

When I was there 30 years ago it was really bad. Americans living in Kanagawa prefecture all got 'the hack' from the pollution. In the summer the pollution was so bad that we couldn't see the mountains. What has Tokyo done to reduce the pollution level from 30 years ago? Considering it's 30 years later and there are a whole lot more people ... I would have thought it would be worse than it was back in the 1980s.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, i know and remember Reports from that Time but many things changed in the last Decades,
a lot of the old Factories closed and was renewed, Cars got a Converter, Taxis and Busses go by Gas
and nuclear Energy helped a lot too, it is in a way very ironic

Before 3/11 we had always a Blue Skyline but they needed to restart all the old
Coal and/or Oilplants and now we have a bit of Haze again but nothing comparable
like Shanghai, Bangkok or Mexico City!

Tokyo done a lot to fight the environmental Damage of the Pre- and Post-Bubble Time and
i wrote it already that i can swim through whole of Tokyo without getting disintegrated!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
An early contender for the new 2020 Summer Olympics logo. Creative artwork, one must admit....

source

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Isn't the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo in the film Akira? I'm sure it is.

It's enough to get conspiracy theorists all excited and a twitter.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

This seems...odd. I know there's a lot of denial about the extent of the damage associated with Fukushima, but this is just nuts. I know its seven years off and the actual incident should be under control by then, but it seems exceptionally dangerous.
Thoughts?

Obviously nobody should go to Japan for at least a thousand years, the radiation must be everywhere by now, and we know that there is absolutely no safe level of radiation. Japan should be placed under quarantine until then, and no country should allow goods or people from Japan to enter their country. A blockade should be set up around Japan, and any ships or aircraft trying to leave should be destroyed, for the sake of the rest of the world. Radiation =death!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Gosh!! this is wonderful news!!
im sure Fukushima will be all better by then!.....sheesh

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They may have announced it, but it wont happen. Tokyo will be a wasteland by then.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN

This seems...odd. I know there's a lot of denial about the extent of the damage associated with Fukushima, but this is just nuts. I know its seven years off and the actual incident should be under control by then, but it seems exceptionally dangerous.
Thoughts?

Obviously nobody should go to Japan for at least a thousand years, the radiation must be everywhere by now, and we know that there is absolutely no safe level of radiation. Japan should be placed under quarantine until then, and no country should allow goods or people from Japan to enter their country. A blockade should be set up around Japan, and any ships or aircraft trying to leave should be destroyed, for the sake of the rest of the world. Radiation =death!

Oh my God, we must live on different Planets because my World looks much different from yours!

1. Actually the Radiation is decreasing because many of the Isotopes
have a short/ very short Half Life.

2. There are safe Levels of Radiation and we know them since a long Time,
at least since we work with Radioactive Materials!

3. Actually all new Products got and get screened, this is valid for Goods as well as Food.

Less than 0,1% of the used Goods like Cars and Trucks + Machinery
are above the international Level and must return to Japan!

4. Planes are flying in Zones with a much more dangerous Type of Radiation (Gamma)
and on a very high Level of 2-7 Microsievert/ Hour!

5. My Plan would be that you and your Friends come to Japan, with your own Tools,
for a small Reality-check!

Many People here a dangerous and badly indoctrinated,
so much that they call to shoot us down,
this is stupid and this is ignorant!

Stop it, deny Ignorance and knowledge is Power!!!
edit on 8-9-2013 by Human0815 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Oh my God, we must live on different Planets because my World looks much different from yours!

Don't worry Human0815, I'm just being sardonic. These threads seem to be for promoting the most unscientific, scare-mongering garbage that can be thought up. Tough to beat guys like Yoichi Shimatsu though:

If the decision to hold Games in Tokyo is not reversed, then the world will watch their finest young athletes marching into the ovens of Fukushima.

Boycott The Radioactive 2020 Olympics Of Death
www.rense.com...

I'm actually totally in favour of nuclear power, but as Galen Winsor said, they have not yet built a decent nuclear power station, as smaller, modular reactors are the way to go. The big monsters are all about corrupt officials and construction companies making huge amounts of money in the construction and de-commissioning of these beasts. I'd have a tiny reactor in my basement if they'd let me, and believe in the benefits of radiation hormesis. My father worked at a nuclear fuel manufacturing plant in England,(Salwick, now Springfields) and he lived in to his 80's and didn't die of cancer, and neither did any of his workmates, some of whom are now in their 90s.

My Plan would be that you and your Friends come to Japan, with your own Tools, for a small Reality-check!

I'd gladly come to Japan if someone would pay my air fare, and to Fukushima, and to the reactor itself, as I'd like to see first hand just what is going on there. I bet the damage is nothing like as bad as we are being told, it's a scam designed to make huge amounts of money for corrupt officials, at the poor taxpayers expense.

Many People here a dangerous and badly indoctrinated, so much that they call to shoot us down, this is stupid and this is ignorant!

Lot's of stupidity and ignorance on here, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Excellent thread, this needs to stay up front and center.
Here is one heck of a good read regarding just what the OP mentions......
Read this and then shake your head or weep.

www.rense.com...

Regards, Iwinder
S&F

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

you are either ignorant of the facts..or working for someone..
this is a very dire situation..learn the facts.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

You beat me to posting that link, thanks for posting the truth in this matter.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51

you are either ignorant of the facts..or working for someone..
this is a very dire situation..learn the facts.

I think that i know the Facts vey well,
sadly since 3/11 i don't do much else than studying this Accident
and the Response in Japan as well as other Nations!

You move on a piece of very swampy Terrain because you claim
that it is only you who know the Facts, you go even a Step further
and try to Call me Out, this is laughable and in my Opinion you
should tolerate my Postings as well as showing Facts with a Source,
but what you had done here is not really nice, good or acceptable!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
what if guests who try to return home,,,start setting off , guiger counters,, in there home countries?,,or there luggage,,,the Nuke people will go nuts,,,remember the guy at the Airport,,with the pace maker,,lol

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Have seen it an amazing amount of times: Willful Obtuseness. What does a bureaucrat do when confronted with an inconvenient truth? Not see it!

Cheers,

Samuel Rose, author
Scout Report Series

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This American will be there. I have faith in Japan, the Japanese people, who have shown themselves time and time again to be incredibly resilient and resourceful and I also have faith in modern science.

In fact, I think this is a great idea. Japan is not known for "worrying" or "Complaining" but faced with national pride and the Olympics this could actually be the thing that gets the Japanese government in a rush to clean it up.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm sure it will be a glowing success. How can the world even consider this lepar of a country even viable for sending their worst enemies is beyond me? Fukushima is spewing out radiation at a rate no one is sure of, poisoning us all at an unknown rate, some (USA) more than others. Maybe this will wake up the international community and force them into action, one can live in hope, because something has to be done and maybe this will firmly focus the worlds attention on just whats still going on!
edit on 9-9-2013 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The athlete's can boycott it, they don't have to go.... anyway by then it will have been reviewed and changed to someplace else.....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Once again ATS is shocked the rest of the world listen to scientist and experts and not random people on the internet to understand things like radiation. It is always amusing when reality peaks its head in hear.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
I hear they might even add a new event the 500m megabecquerel relay. Looking to be a HOT event, I mean RAD, damn it. Sounds real nifty.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

you made my day with that comment. I dunno about you guys, but I don't plan on attending regardless, but it does seem strange that Tokyo won the bid. It's almost like the committee has not heard about the on-going crisis in Japan with regards to their nuclear reactors at Fukushima...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join