It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?! Tokyo To Host 2020 Olympics?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How's that for some optimism?

The Olympic Committee has awarded the 2020 Olympic games to Tokyo.

This seems...odd. I know there's a lot of denial about the extent of the damage associated with Fukushima, but this is just nuts. I know its seven years off and the actual incident should be under control by then, but it seems exceptionally dangerous.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Things are just so weird right now.
When I saw the choice I really thought we have completely entered the twilight zone.
They seem to think most of humanity is a bunch of small children or something, like if they say its ok - its all ok! See no worries!! Its ok! But is like the "parents" of the planet have lost all control. From the war posturing on.
Its like the grown ups are all out of control. They don't even lie well anymore . . .

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
First man walks into a bar. The second man walks into a bar. The third man ducks. Why does the third man duck?

Don't get it? Ok, how about this one? Tokyo to host 2020 Olympics. ....no?.......
me either.

I hear they might even add a new event the 500m megabecquerel relay. Looking to be a HOT event, I mean RAD, damn it. Sounds real nifty.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
How's that for some optimism?

The Olympic Committee has awarded the 2020 Olympic games to Tokyo.

This seems...odd.

Thoughts?

Yeah my thought is, what's so odd. The Romans used to have there's fight to death. Why not?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If they have games at night they can turn out the lights and watch every body glowing.
Rave Party at the Olympics.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
If they have games at night they can turn out the lights and watch every body glowing.
Rave Party at the Olympics.

To the extreme i rock a mic like a vandal. Light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of was that illuminati card depicting that Japanese tower falling and all the people wearing kimonos running (while wearing the Olympic colors). Spooky stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I would have gone to Istanbul....not Tokyo though.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
radiation + super athletes = super heroes

I see what you did there Japan. Well played, well played indeed.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That is 6 years from now, that is a long time!
edit on 7-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

But look what happened to them last time they had a nuke problem. They grew shorter and they quit growing eye lids. Now they want every body to join them.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am floored by this decision, as many here are. It seams obvious that this is an attempt to try and reassure/prover that there is no problem here, now move along...

Oh, and to the people who are pointing out that it is 7 years away, all I can say is this: it has been 30 months since the meltdown, and it is only getting worse. Why do you think it will be OK in another 72-80 months?

They could offer me free tickets, hotels, and airfare to and from, and I still wouldn't go...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Tokyo!? I would feel safer at Plum Island. I really thought Madrid would have taken first place, but I heard that their enthusiasm for the top spot didn't impress them. Istanbul would have been a beautiful location.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
First man walks into a bar. The second man walks into a bar. The third man ducks. Why does the third man duck?

Don't get it? Ok, how about this one? Tokyo to host 2020 Olympics. ....no?.......
me either.

I hear they might even add a new event the 500m megabecquerel relay. Looking to be a HOT event, I mean RAD, damn it. Sounds real nifty.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

Three blokes go into a pub. Well, I say three; could have been four or five. Could have been nine or ten, doesn't matter. Could have been fifteen, twenty - fifty. Round it up. Hundred. Let's go mad, eh - two-fifty. Tell you what, double it up - five hundred. Thousand! Oh, I've gone mad! Two thousand! Five thousand! (adopting auctioneer persona) anyone five thousand, six thou, six thousand, ten thousand! Small town in Hertfordshire goes into a pub! Fifteen thousand blokes! Alright, let's go - population of Rotterdam. The Hague. Whole of Northern Holland. Mainland U.K. Let's go all the way to the top - Europe, alright? Whole of Europe goes - I say Europe. Could be Eurasia. Not the band, obviously, that's just two of them. Alright, continents - North America! Plus South America! Plus Antartica - that's just eight blokes in a weather station. Not a good example. Alright, make it a lot simpler, all the blokes on the planet go into the pub, right? And the first bloke goes up to the bar and he says "I'll get these in." What an idiot.

There's your fukushima insanity

MInd you it will be interesting to see the three legged race...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

I don't think it will happen.

1. The world won't be the same by then--by a wide margin.

2. Tokyo won't be the same, if it's around . . . much of Japan might be in ruins for a number of reasons. And if it were the same . . . what about the smog and radiation . . . ???

3. The whole planet might be back to low tech civilization.

4. I don't know what The Messiah's attitude ruling from the New Jerusalem will be toward Olympic games. LOL. Though in 2020 . . . He might still not be on the scene . . . The Great Tribulation could be in full swing, though.

5. Lots likely to happen between now and then, imho.

edit on 7/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I welcome it because it will change many things here (Working/ Visa Rules)
and it will help Fukushima too because of a tighter Control!

Many People here should come to understand the Accident because
95% of you have a wrong Imagination.

We are not glowing here and my actual Measurement is 0.08 Microsievert/ Hour at the Ground and Soil!

Istanbul is nice but unsuitable for the Games and Spain had the Games just a few Years ago,
Tokyo is a great Town for it even when i lose my favorite Park for it!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't be wanting to go there. I feel bad for the athletes and their families.
Radiation ... YIKES. It's not going away anytime soon.
What the heck was the Olympic committee thinking?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

I lived in Japan for three years (1983-1986) ... in Sagamihara prefecture. I liked the food. I liked the people. There were a lot of fun things to do. I really liked Mt. Fuji.

However, the air pollution was really bad, even back then. I can only imagine how bad it must be now. And the radiation IS an issue now. I really wouldn't want to be around Tokyo now.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Apparently, and 2020 is so long from now... who knows what the radiation map will look like then. I'm sure that will be taken into consideration if it turns out necessary, and the games location could be changed, or cancelled.

I think living in areas without radiation might be at a premium by then

edit on 8-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Human0815

I lived in Japan for three years (1983-1986) ... in Sagamihara prefecture. I liked the food. I liked the people. There were a lot of fun things to do. I really liked Mt. Fuji.

However, the air pollution was really bad, even back then. I can only imagine how bad it must be now. And the radiation IS an issue now. I really wouldn't want to be around Tokyo now.

A: Air-Pollution is no problem
B: Radiation is also no problem here in Tokyo
(We do so many Measurements that we know the Reality)
Tokyo: 0.09 Microsievert/ Hour at the Ground and this is nothing!
(Fukushima Prefecture comes with higher Contamination and i would not like
to have my House there!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join