It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shown to Senators in Classified Briefings Released

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

oh yes the days to come
till we meat again of how fitting , might bing a tear to McCain and friends, of the DC war Dogs LLc

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I wasn't aware that most of the people in congress operated on intellectual thought, from what I could see from YouTube lately, there is a lot of peer pressure and little acceptance of critical thinking.

I guess I should be more specific. I think the video probably does show accurate depictions of a chemical attack, which I think did happen.

However, I'm not convinced about the specifics of the attack. I've even heard that it happened because the rebels mishandled chemical weapons of their own. John Kerry says that there is evidence of Syrian missile launches, but I haven't seen any.
edit on 8-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I wasn't aware that most of the people in congress operated on intellectual thought, from what I could see from YouTube lately, there is a lot of peer pressure and little acceptance of critical thinking.

I guess I should be more specific. I think the video probably does show accurate depictions of a chemical attack, which I think did happen.

However, I'm not convinced about the specifics of the attack. I've even heard that it happened because the rebels mishandled chemical weapons of their own. John Kerry says that there is evidence of Syrian missile launches, but I haven't seen any.
edit on 8-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Thats because John Kerry is a member of the skull and bones and likely possessed. He knows nothing else but lies. He can only fabricate deceit because his master is the father of all lies. He was ushered into servitude when he was still a very young man, and still serves the same interests. He, Obama, and Hillary Clinton were no mistake. The same characters were propped up as "choices" in former elections, and all of them come from select families.

They are the enemies of humanity.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The problem with showing video and the major news networks who are also trying to convince us now that war is necessary is:

Our mass media has desensitized Americans to gruesome death scenes.

Even if they tell Americans, this is real, not Hollywood, it doesn't really matter, Americans see so much awful death and horrific death scenes regularly and sometimes daily that video death scenes that are real have lost their impact.

A lot of you won't agree but I taught Psy in college and there is tons of research to back this up.

When we were subjected to violent scenes from Vietnam which riled up the people the violence on TV was so mild that these video were shocking. Sorry, but MSM has taught the Americans to be immune from reacting to real violence now.

So, it will be harder to get Americans to and even congressmen and senators to change their minds on the basis of a video.
edit on 8-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The one thing that bothers me about these videos is who is filming them. If its during the attack or immediately after how come they aren't victim to the gas agents involved themselves and why aren't they helping the victims.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have seen it its pure BS, even on the AP its getting 300 dislikes. The France did something like this back in March and the UN replied to them, showing videos isnt proof.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
At least now we know where the Billions upon billions in intelligence gathering and special ops budgets go.
They employ an army of people to gather intelligence from youtube

Maybe I shouldnt find this amusing but Im seriously at the point where its either laugh and shake my head in disbelief or get a gun and just blow my brains out.

Is the human race really so stupid that enough people will see this as any sort of concrete evidence one way or the other for anything

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well that was unpleasant. I'm sure they're showing these videos, with someone setting the "premise" of each situation before the vid is shown.
The vid was certainly heartbreaking, but still... WHERE THE &%*$ IS THE PROOF THAT THE ASSAD REGIME DID THIS?
Isn't that what this is all supposed to be about?!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

I completely agree that most people are desensitize to violence because of the amount with which we are bombarded.

HOWEVER, when it involves children and they constantly shove it down the public's throat (which could be a reason why the have to constantly show it, for increased effect BECAUSE we are so desensitized AND because people these day very quickly forget). A politician can say one thing one day and the complete opposite the next and NO ONE hardly remembers.

People do not take likely to children being killed (especially if they are American children), that's why it's not just a bunch of innocent people were gassed it's "The innocent CHILDREN were gassed. Oh, and by the way, look at them dying. How can you not want to do something?"

That's the deal, desensitization or not, let's show it 24.7 until you're calling for heads.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by Liquesence

This is a terrible way to drum up support. CNN shouldn't have shown this.

On the one hand I agree, because it WILL have the effect of causing people to want to act.

On the other hand, I am glad they showed it because I want to know what is being shown to Congress and used to justify a military intervention, which, if this video is all they have and are being shown, they have Jack # and no evidence, which further supports why we SHOULDN'T intervene or bomb that place.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Sinking so low...poor Obomba.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Sinking so low...poor Obomba.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Watching CNN is useless. I remember when Obama was first running for president, I couldn't wait to get home from work, turn on the tv and see how he was doing in the polls; hoping that he would pull it off. Never could have imagined that Obama would be worse than Bush. Luckily a little while after that Zeitgeist opened my eyes a bit. But then later on I find out that the Zeitgeist movement is orchestrated by the same globalist douche bags...what to believe?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

How some things are staged. I'm *not* saying that the deaths from the chemical attack are staged, however, do keep an open mind. Some things are an illusion.

Do I really know what is going on over there? Have I seen it with my own eyes? No. That's why I keep an open mind to everything.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I posted a video the other day that was a whole lot better than this in RATS and my thread got canned by a mod..... Why is this thread still up? Geez this really makes me mad!!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

smiling in their faces / while filing up the hole / so many dirty little places / in your filthy little worn / out broken down see through soul / baby's got a problem / tries so hard to hide / got to keep it on the surface / because everything else is dead on the other side / teeth in the necks of everyone you know / you can keep on sucking until the blood won't flow / when it starts to hurt it only helps it grow / taking all you need (but not this time) no, you don't / and just for the record / just so you know / I did not believe / that you could sink so low / you think that you can beat them / I know that you won't / you think you have everything / but no, you don't / no, you don't / no, you don't no, you don't / no, you don't LYRICS FROM THE SONG "NO YOU DON'T" ARTIST: NINE INCH NAILS

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

It's entirely possible they are staged. It wouldn't surprise me if they were, created for the purpose of appealing to pathos.

But the point I am making is this is what is being shown by the Obama admin to congresspeople to solidify support.

True or not there is no evidence pointing to who's responsible, and this is all they have, what they are using. Even if the footage is real and of the chemical attack it would not change my stance on NOT intervening/bombing Syria.

My mind is completely open.

BTW, nice avatar. Worked on catching fire last year. Will be working on MJ this year.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So let me get this right...

a) Pictures of returned coffins from US soldiers - too graphic
b) Pictures of Osama bin Laden's corpse - too graphic
c) Pictures of the Sandy Hook carnage - too graphic
d) Live footage of children dying from alleged chemical exposure - yes please. Play on constant loop...

It's amazing what is fit for public consumption when there is an agenda attached to it. Maybe the constant looping of this footage might spark up more interest in people seeking the 'evidence' of bin Laden's assassination?

Surely that is of more direct interest to the American and international public than the events in Syria?

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
reply to post by grandmakdw

I completely agree that most people are desensitize to violence because of the amount with which we are bombarded.

HOWEVER, when it involves children and they constantly shove it down the public's throat (which could be a reason why the have to constantly show it, for increased effect BECAUSE we are so desensitized AND because people these day very quickly forget). A politician can say one thing one day and the complete opposite the next and NO ONE hardly remembers.

People do not take likely to children being killed (especially if they are American children), that's why it's not just a bunch of innocent people were gassed it's "The innocent CHILDREN were gassed. Oh, and by the way, look at them dying. How can you not want to do something?"

That's the deal, desensitization or not, let's show it 24.7 until you're calling for heads.

Actually, psychological research says that the more they show it, the less it will affect people.

One poster summed it up nicely when he/she said "I've seen worse on sy-fy channel.

When blood and gruesome vomit and foaming become commonplace as they are on video games, in the horror movies and even on TV. They lose their impact, even when the real life victims are children. The blood and guts in the media have become so "real" that the actual real loses it's impact to create empathy or even outrage.

Remember the pictures of starving children in Africa with flies around their heads? Those commercials shown over and over also desensitized the people in the US. Occasionally we see one of those types of commercials today, but because they actually backfired, the norm today is to show a healthier, "saved" child, which has more impact.

Whoever is advising the Obama administration that showing these videos will work does not have a background in psychological manipulation.

To get "the people" to change their minds and "congress" to change their minds the psychological manipulation will need to hit home or wallets in a concrete way that is actually seen or experienced by "the people".

Therefore, the general fear on ATS of a false flag. There is a general unconscious understanding that it would take a FF to actually get that many people to change their minds on the issue.

So, I for one am far more worried about a false flag actually being manufactured once the administration realizes their psychological warfare blunder.

If a major event does occur, I for one will not be quick to blame the Syrians or Iranians, but will want solid evidence and even then have trouble believing the evidence is not contrived.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I agree complitely that this is how they operate, even ex president bush exposed them selfs, that what videos they send to news-stations to push out can be faked by goverment, www.youtube.com... Hopefully that video is rightly added.

Also there is video that shows how these al qaida rebels made some videos of the chemical attack and other attacks aswell, there is many videos showing these, i dont know how they end up in youtube like this thou. www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join