It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators who voted YES on Syria received 83% more DEFENSE donations than NO votes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Color me surprised....

But to be honest, I don't think the donations alone make the entire decision for them, there are still other forces at play, plus their personal interests and ideologies that factor into their vote.

dailycaller.com...

The ten Senate Foreign Relations Committee members who voted to attack Syria received 83 percent more campaign contributions from defense contractors than the seven senators who voted against it, according to analysis from Maplight.org.

Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain led the pack among those in favor, raking in about $176,000 from defense interests over five years. Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin garnered $127,000 from the defense industry, followed by Virginia Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine, who picked up a cool $101,000.

Ok, so who was surprised McCain got the most? lmao..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Scumbags. This isn't my country anymore. I'm profoundly embarrassed.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If you evidence of who really runs this country, follow the money.

There are plenty of lamp posts, and plenty of thick bull ropes to make nooses in our country. Plenty for every so called public servant who sells their soul for corporate bribes.

I hope to see the day when those two things are put to good use.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a straight-up biased and soured source tallying up the numbers in whatever fashion they choose to allow or afford that type 'headline'.

shear numbers, especially over the course of 5 years can be skewed to 'show' whatever their 'creator' wants or wishes. (?)

not to detract from the severity of the situation, as the one thing It Does clearly Show, is that they're ALL in bed with the defense contractors wallets.

nothing surprising or revelational here.

just everyday 'poli-Trix' here in the good ole' US of A.

edit on 9/7/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I agree with you.

You can glean a lot from these type of sources though.

Those who do support this have something to gain. All Politicians do. They are all dirty.

Well, there are lots of ways they are raking in the cash, but one especially alarming thing that goes on is that members of Congress often make investments in companies that will go up significantly if legislation that is being considered by Congress "goes the right way". This is called a "conflict of interest", but it happens constantly in Congress and nobody seems to get into any trouble for it.

12 Facts About Money And Congress That Are So Outrageous That It Is Hard To Believe That They Are Actually True

edit on 242013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
At least prostitutes are up front about what they will do and how much it'll cost you.

Odd. Hookers have more principles than politicians.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Additionally, you tend to walk away with a smile on your face

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join