It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

... I wish there was a hug emoticon!

Just "quote" this post to see the code, take a copy of the code, and you can use it in posts. It's saved in my uploads here, so the code links to it.

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by JustMike

Hi Mike!! It is sooooo good to hear from you again!
You have made my day!

And it's great to see you again, Kat!

By the way, not sure what burn cream you're using, but years ago when I got some nasty burns in a stupid workshop accident***, they gave me silver sulfadiazine cream. It was amazing stuff; I healed very well with almost no scarring. Some more recent studies question its effectiveness in some cases, but I used it years ago and never read any studies. Maybe that's why it worked fine for me!

***Just to be clear, it wasn't a workshop where we made or repaired stupids.

edit on 8/9/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Awesome! I'm going to ask the doc tomorrow!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Well you do have a new friend! You just let me know if you need to vent and thank you for thinking of me too....you already HAVE made me feel better. I want to help you and your friend too

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Yes.....I believe that to be true. Without hope and faith, there is nothing.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You can use this hug emoticon if you'd like. Save it to upload.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I love the idea of writing a letter. These days all you get in the mail are bills and junk. A hand written letter is something special and makes you light up when you see something special and unexpected in the mail just for you. You can add pretty stickers too to decorate and add a lovely home made card.

I make cards with pressed flowers and/or pics cut out from magazines. You can add ribbon or whatever to really dress it up. A lot of people like to use rubber stamps and glitter, decorative background papers etc.

A gift basket when you see her in person would be nice too. It could be relatively inexpensive too. Baskets can be found in second hand stores for really cheap or when they are on sale at craft or other stores. Line it with colored tissue paper, make a big pretty bow for the handle. You could get a movie in the bargain bins, add popcorn and or candy. Or add a book and pretty bookmark or a basket of scented soaps and lotions so she can pamper herself. Tons of ideas are out there. I would say a gift certificate to go out to a movie and dinner, but chemo can make you way too tired to go anywhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
OH I just thought of other wonderful gift ideas, a special angel necklace or bracelet with an angel charm. Or a pretty little angel sculpture.
I liked angels around me when I was so sick.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

I love the idea of writing a letter. These days all you get in the mail are bills and junk. A hand written letter is something special and makes you light up when you see something special and unexpected in the mail just for you. You can add pretty stickers too to decorate and add a lovely home made card.

I make cards with pressed flowers and/or pics cut out from magazines. You can add ribbon or whatever to really dress it up. A lot of people like to use rubber stamps and glitter, decorative background papers etc.

A gift basket when you see her in person would be nice too. It could be relatively inexpensive too. Baskets can be found in second hand stores for really cheap or when they are on sale at craft or other stores. Line it with colored tissue paper, make a big pretty bow for the handle. You could get a movie in the bargain bins, add popcorn and or candy. Or add a book and pretty bookmark or a basket of scented soaps and lotions so she can pamper herself. Tons of ideas are out there. I would say a gift certificate to go out to a movie and dinner, but chemo can make you way too tired to go anywhere.

Great suggestions thank you! I am thinking I will take her a movie, pizza and a 6 pack next time I visit. She may have cancer but the girl loves her beer!!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Great suggestions thank you! I am thinking I will take her a movie, pizza and a 6 pack next time I visit. She may have cancer but the girl loves her beer!!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hell, who doesn't like a beer once in a while?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

There ya go! That's what I meant....forget the cancer for a while...just do normal things that you would normally do. Honestly, I get so tired of hearing the word cancer, and get tired of talking about it. What I love is when someone comes to visit, and never mentions it unless I bring it up. It feels so good to feel NORMAL again. She will LOVE that!
Like today, even though I was in tremendous pain. I had a great day because some friends came over and we had pizza and watched the football game (New Orleans Saints vs Atlanta Falcons)...and I never heard the word cancer all day! And to make it even better .....the Saints won!!!! Wooooo Hoooo! So get that pizza and beer and yall have FUN!!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

She loves beer! I am more of a tequila girl. She hates when I drink with her because I pass out wayyyyy before her. She says I am a party pooper!

Tequila makes me happy, then very sleepy.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

She loves beer! I am more of a tequila girl. She hates when I drink with her because I pass out wayyyyy before her. She says I am a party pooper!

Tequila makes me happy, then very sleepy.

MMMM tequila. I prefer mixed exotic drinks or a black russian or a glass of wine. I'm not that picky though really. LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by k21968

That was great! I really enjoyed that!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I like the part about how it makes you better at pool hehe....that's how it makes me play!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

k21968

Originally posted by Pladuim
www.fourwinds10.net...

Do you think she would try a different method of trying to rid herself of this cancer?

I think this would be worth trying, what could it hurt?

Pladuim

Thank you! i sent her this article as well.

She replied that I needed to face facts but if I wanted her to eat maple syrup she would.

excellent move! i've not read all comments but i see way too many replys that have her dead already; even tho they are well intended. definitely try the remedy! but dont stop there. check out the diet. immediately start on a litre of apple juice every day. cut out all crappy lifeless foods. see a naturopath or equivalent for nutritional advice. eat live foods. never give up. remember, what you eat today walks and talks tomorrow. i know of one case where a mono diet of oranges was improving a cancer sufferer tremendously. his friends and rellies celebrated with a slap up dinner and he died. a mono diet enables the body to concentrate on rectifying health.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I recommend you watch the following movie...

Then contact the doctor's clinic in Houston and see if your friend can qualify for the experimental trials, seeing as how conventional medicine has given up on her, she just may. I watched my friend go through the same losing battle with his wife, it was incredibly heartbreaking. Watching this movie made me so angry. There's no profit in a cure for cancer. Good luck to you and your friend.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

k21968

You can even bring her a bag of something that will help her eat the pizza and take away the pain! Im talking about a bag of puppies

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Hi Oranutang! You are so right that diet is THE most important thing, and I think it's great that you shared this important info. I am willing to try anything, and I will look into this. But...I MUST say something..... PLEASE don't suggest that everyone has "her dead already" .....Are you a cancer survivor? Because if not, I want to share something with you. I am saying this with the utmost respect and am not trying to be a "know it all". But I am dealing with cancer as I am sure you read, and I know what it is like to live with it, and the struggle it is just getting through every day with this disease. It is important to have hope and to try anything that your doctor have discussed which may be of benefit. But every person and every case is different, and this disease is relentless. When someone has cancer which keeps reoccurring, and spreads through the body to a certain point, by that time, the reality is that it is too late. I am not saying give up hope.....but at some point you must face reality as well. By that point in time, many people WANT to be free.. Their bodies are so tired and the daily horrible pain that lingers for so long takes a toll. This does not mean to give up hope and try things, but just don't pressure the cancer patient with too much....see when I was at my worst just recently, I was getting bombarded with well meaning offers of home remedies, super cures and the like. ...... and while I appreciated it, sometimes it upset me .un Because it gets to be a little too much....I doubt if this even makes sense ....I am overly tired right now LOL! Like I said in my post, I haven't been dealing with this for a fraction of what her friend has, and there have been times when the pain was so bad, death looked pretty good. Hmmmm it's hard to put down in words what I am trying to say..... I guess it's just when you said people "have her dead" already, it upset me. Because I am trying to help the OP deal with the fact that her friend is dying....not writing her off by any means.
edit on 9/9/2013 by StealthyKat because: correction

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join