It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Night Star
Just doing my daily check in. Hope you are getting some well deserved rest K2.

Just finished up my 60 hrs this week and I am off tomorrow. Me and my daughter are getting pedicures...to spend some time together.

I talked to LIsa she isnt feeling so good. She said she is very achy and tired. Stupid chemo..its side effects are horrible!!

I hope you are in better spirits. You are in my thoughts.

WHERE IS KAT???????? Has anyone heard from her?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Glad your long week has ended and you and your daughter are spending quality time together. Sorry to hear that Lisa isn't feeling well. When I had chemo all I wanted to do is sleep.

I am very concerned about Kat and have not heard a word, not in u2u's or e-mail and havn't seen a single post in quite some time. She was posting daily and then wham just disappeared.
I was thinking maybe computer problems, but even if it was, surely she would hop on someone elses long enough to let us know. If she were sick, surely she would have let us know. This is too weird and all we can do is speculate. Maybe someone close to her passed away unexpectedly, but by now she would have reached out to us. I just don't know what to think.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wanted to share some of my favorite facebook posts from Lisa...it will give you a glimpse of the person she is..

On our way to the store yesterday I asked Steve to pull in Bob Evan's parking lot and park. He wanted to know why - I told him that I wanted to make someone's day. I watched for the next car to pull in and by luck there was 2 people inside. When they got out I walked up to them and asked by chance are you coming here to eat breakfast today and the lady said yes we are! I handed the lady a piece of paper and said it's your lucky day because one of you gets to eat for FREE. I had a coupon for a free breakfast good for yesterday only so I gave it to them and said enjoy! The lady was so happy and thankful that she gave me a hug. It does my heart good to do something for someone I didn't even know. I am thankful to have been able to do that for them.

I think baking for my Mom last weekend has put me back in the cooking and Baking mood. Which is a good thing because I cook when I am happy. So today I cooked dinner for two of my very good friends - name removed and name removed and her daughter. I made chicken breasts covered in cheddar cheese and topped with bacon crumbles and green onion ( kinda like a tater skin), fresh candied sweet potatoes, ranch potatoes, and banana pudding and name removed made a big dish of spinach artichoke dip with chips. Everything was so good that name removed even went back for seconds! Made me feel good to cook them a good dinner and was very happy for the company this evening. Good food and great friends - can't get much better than that!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm amazed that she can still do things. I was so weak and tired, it took everything I had just to open a can of something. LOL

Glad to hear she can still do things that make her happy. That was thoughtful of her to give the coupon to those people.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Night Star
I'm amazed that she can still do things. I was so weak and tired, it took everything I had just to open a can of something. LOL

Glad to hear she can still do things that make her happy. That was thoughtful of her to give the coupon to those people.

She is always doing something. I think that is why she is lasting as long as she is. I think she is afraid if she stops then she will die. Seriously.

She is the most kind hearted person I have ever known.

AND the BEST cook!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

k21968

Originally posted by xszawe
say goodbye to a true friend
and try to be happy that at least you had the time for a proper goodbye
not a lot of people get that chance

You are right. We are fortunate we know the end is coming. But knowing her days are limited is truly tough. Kind of like a death row inmate knowing his execution date is coming. It is torture for her. It has to be.

If and when the time comes,

Don't say; "Goodbye".

Say;

"See ya my friend".

edit on 10-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

Yeah, that doesn't sound as final as goodbye. Someday we will see our loved ones again and our sweet little pets too.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Now Cody is missing. Kat is missing. Where is everyone?

I am fine. Just working a lot and dealing with the husband issues and trying to get to see Lisa...I only have one day off right now and it is just not allowing me to go visit.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I'm not missing k2

I gave my word that I would be here, and here I am. If I'm not as good as my word then I'm not Cody, and that is unthinkable.

Just having a bit of a love hate relationship with ATS at the moment.

Rest assured as long as I can post, I will.

Failing that there's always email.

M'lady

Cody

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was just going to ask about Cody. LOL

Praying for Lisa still and Kat too because I don't know where she is or what happened.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Night Star
I was just going to ask about Cody. LOL

Praying for Lisa still and Kat too because I don't know where she is or what happened.

I am very concerned about my ATS friends. Has the NSA got them all or what??

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

My apologies ladies I just went through a down patch, I have absolutely no idea why, but I lost my mojo.

However

Cody

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Glad your back Sweetie! You know we're here for you too whenever you need us.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

cody599
reply to post by k21968

My apologies ladies I just went through a down patch, I have absolutely no idea why, but I lost my mojo.

However

Cody

Glad you are back. I wish you would have told us...we could've cheered you up!! Missed you tons!!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hubby/Roomate Mark went back into the hospital after getting results from his MRI. He has a spinal infection. That's why he was in so much pain before. But with the antibiotics he was getting, his pain went away. The hospital was going to put him on a different kind of antibiotic, but because this one is helping him they are going to send him home Friday and continue with that one.

That man has no damned respect for me. If he goes out to the bars with his buddies and then a buddies house and out for breakfast, you think he would call and tell me he is ok? No. He even turns his cell phone off! Even as a friend you would think he could take two seconds to call. He knows I worry myself sick and can't sleep otherwise. The night before he went into the hospital we had a huge fight and I am not a fighter!!! It completely drained me. He came waltzing in after 4 am! He has/had a damned good wife who loved him and respected him and gave him plenty of space to do what he wanted. We used to talk and laugh and do things from time to time. He treats me like dog doo and I do not deserve that. He says he always tells me not to worry, yet he knows that I do.

If we always fought or didn't get along or were all wrong for each other I could understand, but we were best friends before we even married. He has no idea what a wonderful marraige he had. I loved and respected him, gave him his freedom to do things with his buddies or work on cars or whatever. We also had our times together. All our friends admired what we had and this jerk just throws it all away and takes everything for granted and treats me like crap.

I just can't accept that this is happening just because crap happens. 34 years over like it never happened. I'm still in shock over that. It was just before xmas last year he told me he didn't want to be married anymore. My family still invites him to holiday lunches and he refuses to go. Last year he spent Christmas alone at home. This year he said no to Thanksgiving already. So tragic.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

That man has no damned respect for me

Nailed it right there Night Star

There is nothing I could add to that.
Except maybe something to cheer you up a bit.

Cody

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Awwww, Love those! Thank you soooo much!!!! Big hug!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Right back at you

Cody

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hello? Is anyone home?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
K2, are you ok?????

top topics