It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I too wish that I could join you and the girls. Send our love to Lisa and gentle hugs. Can't wait to see the pics!!

Hey, where did kat disappear to?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Come on Cody bring the bike! THere is always room for my friends!! lOL

Loveya and thanks for the encouragement. Today is a new day. The kid doesn't hate me. She knows she did this to herself. She has a hearing on Nov 6 to see if they are going to suspend her license. She called the department of transportation in KY and they told her there is a good chance she will end up on probation (drivers probation) for a year and be allowed time to grow up and fly right.

I was quite the wild driver myself. I drove through a gas station when I was 19..took out gas pumps and the store front. My dad was soooo mad. I also hit a tree head on at 55 mph. I am lucky to be alive. I slowed down after that but it took a near death experience to straighten me out. Hopefully this will straighten my mini me out as well.

I love that kid with every fiber of my being. She is the reason I breathe. When everything else is horrible she will hug me and all of the sudden nothing else really matters.

I am a lucky lady. She is a good kid except for her blatant disregard for posted speed limits. She was born in Germany. I am thinking that has something to do with it. LOL I remember cruising down the autobahn at 120 mph just for fun. She takes after her mother.

This too shall pass and if this is the worst thing she ever does, I am really quite lucky.

I gave her a stern lecture and she shed some tears and got a little mad, but then realized she only has herself to blame. She has a kid's brain in an adult body.

Oh to be 18 again...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hope you are having a grand ole time K2!!!

Um...Kat has been missing for 4 days. Hope it's just computer problems.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Left to Right- Lisa, Carmella, K2, and Wendy

I have tons more pics to upload, but I am still in Ohio at my parents house and they live in appalachia with a satellite internet connection and it is not very fast. But..we truly had a wonderful day.

We met up around 2 pm and met our other two BFF's Carmella and Wendy at the local mexican restaurant called El Toro Loco in Portsmouth Ohio. We sat there for a few hours reminiscing and sharing our confessions. It was good for the soul. The central them of course was men. We kept saying what where we thinking??

When we were all in high school we spent our days talking about our dream guy, getting married, kids, etc. We realized that we all have essentially had the same experiences at different times with these men of ours. Namely the down times, and we shared a few What were we thinking moments! One friend confessed she is only with her husband because she cant afford to divorce him. One confessed she doesnt like hers at all. Lisa isnt married but confessed her live in boyfriend of 20+ years is inattentive and boring. I confessed mine is messed up in the head from his brain injury and that we are not doing well either. We all seemed to have the central factor in that our men act like they are 90 and we are not done living yet. It was odd that we all are in the same place in our relationships. It was good to know we were not alone.

We spent a great deal of time confessing things we were not proud of and realized we all had made the same mistakes. LOL It was good for the soul. We all realized our teenage daughters are all spoiled brats. They all stink with money. They all are selfish. LOL

We felt normal after dinner. LOL

Then we drove to Carmellas log cabin the country and had a bon fire where we talked for hours. Carmella got us the hats in the picture and made us where them. They were big pink hats that said "Breast cancer awareness" and we all looked so silly we laughed until we cried. Then we just all cried some more. We took many many pictures and acted silly and goofy and like 17 year old teenagers. Carmella's 10 yr old daughter was there and was mortified and kept rolling her eyes. LOL SHe had to be thinking "OH MY GOD these old women are crazy!"

It was probably one of the single most beautiful days in my life besides the birth of my daughter. I will cherish this day as long as I live.

Lisa's cancer has spread more. Her tumor marker tests have doubled since last month. We didnt talk about it hardly at all. She seemed to enjoy the break from it. She seemed to enjoy the normalcy of life for a change.

It got very cold so we left around 11pm and I took Lisa home. As she got out of my car, she said "i love you" and I told her "I love you too". Then we parted ways...

I will upload the rest of my pics for you all as soon as I can. I leave tonight for my trip back to Kentucky and I work from 7-430 tomorrow. BLEH.

Love and Peace,
~K2

edit on 26-10-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Awesome pic! You are all just adorable!! I can't believe how healthy Lisa looks.

I like the man bashing thing since mine doesn't want to be married after all these years and he has a good relationship. Dumb arse! LOL

Can't wait to see the rest of your photos. Sounds like you are having an awesome time!!!! HUGS
edit on 26-10-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

When we were all in high school we spent our days talking about our dream guy

*Jumping up and down waving like a loonatic trying to be noticed*

Over here ...............YOOHOO.................HERE................ME............PICK ME...........YOOHOO

That my friend, was a well deserved break for all of you by the sounds of it. Lisa looks deceivingly well, no doubt you guys were the best medicine she has ever had.

I'm so glad you all met up and I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall

Or better yet a guitar player by the bonfire.

Love and hugs

And a safe journey home k2

Cody

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

That is what I kept thinking...she looks good. She cant be dying. How is that possible? But she is strong and a really good faker and has a really good attitude. That is what makes all of this so hard...she doesnt look like she is dying. It is so weird.

But she is..and I think she gathered all of her strength and energy to just enjoy the moments with us. She is a tough cookie.

She admitted to me Friday that she has thought of suicide. She said sitting and waiting on death is awful...and she would rather be in control. Then I said NO WAY. I told her next time she feels like that to call me and I would list everything she has to fight and live for. I told her to fight through those moments and know that miracles happen every day.

I guess it became clear that she gives up too sometimes.

And Cody to have you playing guitar by the bon fire would have been amazing!! And if you weren't an ocean away any of us ladies would have been lucky to have ended up with you!!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It will be memory to draw strength from in hard times.
People like Lisa from what I understand like to be in control of their lives, like me.

This is going to sound a bit weird, I understand why she would think of suicide, it's sort of a stand off with death.
Trust me on this.

It's like "You know your going to win, I know your going to win, but we do it on my terms"

I'm so glad you guys have happy memories in such difficult times

And one day I will come to the States with my ever loving and ever suffering wife. It'll be a few years yet as there are still some things I'd like to see first. Rome next year for example. My wife's family in South Africa again.

But it will happen, life's too short not to follow your dreams.

Cody

edit on 27/10/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
OpinionatedB, ATS family member, just lost their daughter around 3am this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

My heart is heavy and I cried for her. I have no words.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
More pics of the girls weekend..

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Where is Kat? I miss her and I am worried about her...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Night Star
OpinionatedB, ATS family member, just lost their daughter around 3am this morning.

Thanks for letting us know Night Star I missed that thread.

I can hardly see the screen through the tears.

I'll come back when I've composed myself.

Cody

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's a difficult night

Storm raging outside, death of a fellow member's daughter. Change of avatar for the second time this month.

Let's look for some positives

Kat I think is off living life and celebrating her good news, and bloody good luck to her for it. That's a party I would love to be at.

k2

Your photo's are amazing

Smiles are hard to fake and looking at them has raised my spirits a thousand fold

Thank you

Taking you lot on would be a challenge

*Rolls up sleeves*

Bring it on

Cody

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

cody599
It's a difficult night

Storm raging outside, death of a fellow member's daughter. Change of avatar for the second time this month.

Let's look for some positives

Kat I think is off living life and celebrating her good news, and bloody good luck to her for it. That's a party I would love to be at.

k2

Your photo's are amazing

Smiles are hard to fake and looking at them has raised my spirits a thousand fold

Thank you

Taking you lot on would be a challenge

*Rolls up sleeves*

Bring it on

Cody

We are a handful Cody we always were. LOL But we love each other like sisters. Anytime you feel up to the challenge come to America and hang out with us! lol If nothing else you would have a good time!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Oh K2 I love the photos! Look how happy Lisa looks! I think this has done you both a world of good.

I too am worried about kat. Last post of hers was the 21st. I'm hoping it is just computer problems or like Cody said, she is just out living her life. I'm still gonna give her hell for making us worry though. LOL

Mark might be getting out of the hospital in a day or two. He will be able to have visiting nurses and get his antibiotic drip here at home.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Night Star, k2

What can I say ? Your souls are pure love.

I thank every force in the universe for allowing my humble self to have walked in your shadows.

Cody

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You are pretty special yourself there Cody. Like an Angel, but with a wicked awesome sense of humor and charm.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
*AHEM*

I'm made up for the rest of the day

Cody

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

lol CODY!! Has anyone heard from KAT??? I am with Night Star..she deserves a good spanking when she gets back!

Night Star, how is your boyfriend??

How are you?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join