It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

True love can stop heaven itself and make angels gape in awe at it's magnificence

That's what you and your friend have.

Share it

Cody

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
img.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a pic of us!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Here you go

That's either bad photography or your angel self showing light

Take your choice, I just made mine

Cody

edit on 7/9/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/9/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I tried to do that. How did you do that?? It would only let me do it the way I did it. LOL

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by cody599

I tried to do that. How did you do that?? It would only let me do it the way I did it. LOL

Magic

Cody

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Angel light? What are you talking about???? Please elaborate? I do see a haze around myself...lol...which I never noticed until you made that comment. Now I am kind of weirded out in a big way. **Running to bathroom mirror to see if it is following me!!****

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It's very simple

When you open your soul

I can't teach that .................. It's just a knowing

All I can say is look again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, with closed eyes

You'll see

Cody

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

you made me cry...

and I really dont know why.

man Cody you make me think like no other.

edit on 7-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You made me cry...

Help her make videos. I'm sure there is so much she needs to say to her daughter, so much advice to give. It would also give her and her daughter closure and comfort.

God bless you both.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If it were me and my best friend, I'd say ... "Is there anything you always wanted to do that you haven't done yet?"

Now we know she wants to see her child graduate ... but what else?

Then, if it's something you can help with such as a place she always wanted to visit, you could drive.

Mind you we also have unrealistic hopes, dreams, and aspirations such as being an author on par with Tolkien and Rowlings ... but, you might be able to find something do-able.

Would it hurt to ask her?
edit on 7/9/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

So simple but that idea eluded me! I could just ask.

BUT...now how do I ask without sounding like I am giving into this thought of her dying in 6 months or so, and like I am giving up on her???

That is the dilemma. How to broach the topic without her thinking I have given up hope, given up on her, and succumbed to her ultimate death?

That is the hard part.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

When all other cancer treatments don't work try juicing. Buy your friend a Nutribullet and both of you Google search "beating cancer through juicing". Research it...people who've been told they only have 6 WEEKS to live have defeated cancer through juicing...many articles and videos about it online, just search it. Don't give up hope.

She needs to get her body pH to an alkaline state instead of acidic. Cancer dies in alkaline environments.

I lost 2 friends to breast cancer cause they just listened to doctors and felt so hopeless that they didn't even try juicing...at least try to get her to start juicing veggies and berries. The Nutribullet works great.

Good luck to you and your friend. Remember, this recent diagnosis doesn't have to be the end...prove that Dr. wrong!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

I just sent her the info I googled on juicing. thank you.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Awww honey....I am so sorry to hear your story. I was not going to say anything about my situation here onATS, but after reading your thread, I feel compelled to. I am a long time member here, but have been away for a long time, because I have been,and still am at this moment fighting cancer. At this moment I am in terrible pain from radiation burns, and so I can attest to what another poster said about the treatment being worse than the disease.Why am I telling you this? Because your friend has been going through this a very long time. By this point, she has accepted her fate....and may actually be welcoming it. I have only been getting chemo and radiation for a few months, and sometimes I wish I could just be released. I don't know your friend, but from my experience, I think you should FIRST accept that she is terminal.....SECOND....give her permission and let her know that it is ok for her to go....she has been through so much. If she had a choice, of course she would stay, but she has no choice....I know she feels bad that her passing will hurt you and her family.....so accept it and try not to dwell on that.....instead, celebrate each moment you have together. Don't talk about cancer.do things you enjoy........make her laugh, and if she is sad or not feeling well, understand that, and sit wither quietly, or give her space if she needs it. I think the taping thing is a great idea, but try not to make her feel she MUST do it. Cancer is very draining as I am sure you know. Your friend is so blessed to have an angel like you for a friend....and that "light in your picture that Cody mentioned....it is SPIRIT and LOVE. This is something my sister pointed out to me.....I will post a few pics to show you what I mean. BEFORE I was diagnosed, this NEVER happened in any of my pics....in the past few months, every pic I take has this light near my head....I think it means something! Because, first, they told me I probably would not live 5 years, that I would lose my hair etc....well it has been 6 weeks straight of radiation, and I still have my hair, and the doc told me Friday that she is very optimistic that I will have full remission. I am telling you this so you will know things CAN change. In your friend's case, it is possible but not probable. So you still have a glimmer of hope, but at the same time you will have to accept that most likely ,she will have to go on to the next level of existence...where you will see her again. I pray that God gives you both peace and the ability to get through this.....here are some pics of me after going through my first 2 rounds of chemo....and the "spirit light" ( I realize it could be reflection, but I like to think of it this way) I think the light around you is the same thing........peace and love to you honey....and a big ole cyber((( hugggggggggg)))))

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Kat I have added you to my growing prayer list and I do not know you personally but I will pray for your comfort and peace and healing.

What do you think the spirit light is? Why me?? When I tell you I am NOBODY, I mean, I really am nobody. When I go I will have left absolutely nothing special in my place. I am plane Jane. ZIp Zilch Nada. I just want to understand the light around me in the photo. If it were the sun that was behind us, wouldnt she have a glow around her as well?? It is all just very surreal and I know it means SOMETHING. I just dont know what.

I feel it means something wonderful. I get no bad feelings from it.

I just want to understand it.

Who knew that out of chance my post about my friend would lead to spirit lights??? I never noticed that until Cody brought it to my attention.

It is a thread within a thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Thank you so much....and I will do the same for yall! You most certainly ARE something special girl! Most people would give anything for a friend like you. It is NO mistake that God put you exactly where you are right now for a reason.....you most definitely have a purpose. That light, I believe is your spirit. You have a loving and caring spirit, and you are standing next to your friend who you love...your emotions are strong when the picture was taken, and I believe it is your spirit and love picked up by the camera. Cody may know more about it, this is just my personal feeling. Have you ever heard of Auras? If not, look it up....that may apply here too. Maybe you should start a new thread on this so your original thoughts on your friend won't get mixed up.....because it is very interesting. See you are learning something right now on how to cope with your friend's possible passing......and that is to FOCUS on something positive. I know it's hard but you must. When I was first diagnosed everyone told me "stay positive!"..... and I was like "are you CRAZY??!!" ....but over time I found out that it is true. Stay focused on the positive and just be the good friend you have always been....that is THE BEST gift you can give her.

edit on 9/7/2013 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

Thank you for that!!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have been cancer free for about a year now and it scares me when I see it return for others.

Please do not feel selfish for wanting your friend to live. It is only normal. You are there for her, you love her and she knows this. I know you feel as though nothing that you say or do is enough, but believe me, sometimes just being there with her even in silence is enough. Just knowing someone is there with their love and compassion speaks volumes.

It's ok if you fall apart in front of her, you can only be so strong for so long. I am sure your friend will understand and cry with you. This too is normal. You both will surely go through a roller coaster of emotions.

Watch some good movies together as a nice diversion. Order out for pizza or something and make special days together. Get her a good book so she can escape into another place and time for a while.

Another poster didn't want to say this, but I will...I truly believe that your friend will indeed go to a better place than this.

Keep us posted on how things are going. You have a wonderful, loving and compassionate ATS family who genuinely cares.

I will pray for you both, that you will both have the strength and courage to face this difficult time. HUGS!!!!!!!

edit on 7-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Great advice! I LOVE your signature....may you STAY healthy and happy!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

What a beautiful young lady you are! I too went through chemo and radiation. If you are in so much pain from the radiation, (I know, it's like you're on fire!), your doc should give you a break like mine did.

Most of my radiation was a breeze until one day I was like woa
on fire like a bad sunburn. They gave me a special cream and told me to add salt and water to a face cloth and place it on the burned area. Boy did that help! They also gave me some days off until I was feeling ok.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers honey. HUGS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join