It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The News IQ Quiz

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Clearly this is for American news (I suppose thats why it says do you know more than the average American).

I got 4 correct, but I don't see why I would know Florida's Premier or what USA states have legalised what.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
reply to post by Bassago

Clearly this is for American news (I suppose thats why it says do you know more than the average American).

I got 4 correct, but I don't see why I would know Florida's Premier or what USA states have legalised what.

I second that! I got 6 right, all of the global news, and I didn't even try to answer those local news.

Man, the world is so much vaster than only your "bestest country in the world, yippie-ah-yeah!".. I lost some doubts when I saw the results about the shape of Egypt.. What was it? About 40% could recognize that?

Wow..

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Man, the world is so much vaster than only your "bestest country in the world, yippie-ah-yeah!".. I lost some doubts when I saw the results about the shape of Egypt.. What was it? About 40% could recognize that?

Wow..

Well there are two possible reasons I see for this US-centric poll.

First is they wanted to see how effective the media was enlightening Americans in regard to current events.

Second, they were afraid to ask Americans any questions outside of their country (except for Egypt because everyone knows where the pyramids are right?)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Got 13 of 13 correct. this test is too easy. I need more of a challenge.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I've got to be pleased with 11 out of 13 given I'm not American.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
9 out of 13. Ok, I'm a rock.

But I thought this was supposed to be a News IQ quiz. Where are the questions about the Cardasians? What about Dancing with the Stars? Where are the questions that show how great Obama is? How about questions hinting that guns are bad, illegal immigrants are good, whites are racist, and bombing countries in the Middle East is always a great idea? You know, stuff they talk about on CNN.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I got 9 out of 13 correct, but as I'm not an American I can live with that.

It's a bit scary that only 49% of Americans surveyed knew which Middle Eastern country was shown on the map, specially considering what been going on in the region. I thought that one was a gift, as was the question about the Fed.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Says I got 10 out of 13 ...Florida dude ,court judge , and I forget the last one ..oh yea the dow ...

I am in Kanada and don't watch the news on TV ..its all from the web
edit on 8-9-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Alright ATS is getting even smarter. Current average now is:

9.96 out of 13

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I got 9 right and I never watch the news, but then a lot of the questions weren't about news. They were old info or logic questions, such as what Egypt looks like on a map, or the answers supplied for the male/female population charts.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
10 out of 13. I missed the DOW, yahoo CEO and population of Nigeria.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You answered 13 of 13 questions correctly.

You scored better than 99% of the public and the same as 1%.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I retook the test again and again for grins and giggles and have found a correlation between answers missed and beers drunk.

I want a government contract! .

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'll knock it down a bit. I got 7/13. I suck. I know Rubio is from Florida but my mind deceived me, thinking it was a trick question.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
11 out of 13 for me.

College has taught me to guess well I suppose. Easily could have missed 3 more.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Screwed up population and Florida's Senator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join