It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allergy causes and treatments...Questions..no answers..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Long story short I have had allergies my entire life. (45 years). I have had allergy tests which show I am allergic to practically everything (dust, mold, grass, weeds, trees, all citrus fruits including tomatoes, and anything with fur). The last time I had allergy tests my back and arms and thighs were covered with hives and they basically said I had extreme reactions to everything they tested me for. I got an epinepherine injection that day because I was one HUGE hive.

I took 5 years of allergy shots and they helped. But, I still suffer.

I have tried every prescription and otc allergy med there is . They help but NOTHING takes my symptoms completely away.

SO now I want to know the natural remedies?

I tried local honey, only to have my mouth and tongue swell. Apparently, after much thought, the bees contribute pollen (of everything I am allergic too) in the honey and eating it made me sick.

HELP! I am so tired of this battle.

Before you berate me, for whining about allergies, please realize it can be very debilitating and leaves the sufferer feeling like poo for weeks on end. NO energy. Swollen red itchy goopy eyes. Sneezing. Coughing. Aching. Sometimes even a fever. (which after seeing an infectious disease doc because my allergist said allergies do not cause fever - told me it is my body fighting an invader much like it would a virus or bacteria so fever is defnitely possible).

HELP me... I am willing at this point to try anything.

Oh, I have tried the neti pot. No change.

Does anyone know why some people are hyper sensitive to their environment and others are not? I also suffer from chemical reactions (air fresheners/ cleaning supplies trigger my symtoms as well).

Thank you in advance...

edit on 7-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here are the answers I found...but I know you smart people on here have more..

"There's quite good evidence that in kids who get infected with particular viruses that affect the nose and lungs, the particular timing of that infection coincides with a heavy exposure to an inhaled allergen like ragweed," he said. The coincidental viral infection causes its damage, interfering with the normal sensitization process. Then the immune system reacts to the proteins as a threat, which it normally would not do. Seasonal allergies Features Why we get allergies The four seasons of hay fever Symptoms Treatments However, this is not just a one-off case of bad timing. Once the allergic reaction happens, it is established as the pattern the immune system will follow when it encounters those proteins again in the future. The same pattern will be instigated when the immune system encounters similar proteins, part of the explanation for why people have multiple allergies.
CBS

But treatments are meds, and honey. I know there is something else.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For allergies that cause breathing problems, molybdenum helps. When a person takes a nicotinic acid pill, they often get a red face or flush of red on the body because the nitrogen opens circulation to the skin. This increased circulation can make reactions at the skin level worse. Foods that contain nicotinic acid may adjuvate this condition, basicly all foods in the nightingshade family and any veggies that cause a release of nitrogen from proteins. This causes the heart to beat faster also.

Molybdenum also helps to break down nitrosamines and stimulates the secretion of the compounds. It may help. It needs other minerals to work though, it is more of a catalyst to enzyme creation because of the actions of the enzymes it creates. Take mineral supplements.

Limit tomatoes in the diet. I would say that eating more foods containing leucines might help also. There are a lot of cross reactivity things out there. I have an allergy to bananas when eaten with potatoes. The thing is if I ate bananas all the time I would seem to be allergic to all the foods that are with the potatoes on the list. I just avoid bananas and avocados and I have no problem with the twenty foods on the other side of the equation with the potatoes.....like carrots, tomatoes, rutabaga, and many foods I always eat.

You have to study these cross reactions on the net, see what everything has in common. Maybe something you always ate is causing the problem with other foods and things in the environment. Maybe you have an imballance of your gut flora causing sensitivities. There are a lot of possibilities. Study the enzymes that Molybdenum creates. Having adequate Selenium helps also for allergies. Foods are a better source than pills but sometimes nutrients are locked.

I can only help advise you to find your own answers to these things. I hardly never get skin rashes, only to propylene glycol. My itching comes under the skin, my skin is more chemical resistant than some people, but it is only in show, the skin gets loose from the flesh if I screw up. It would probably be better to see the problem than to have it damage the body under the skin. This means I cannot totally understand your condition since I cannot experiment on myself.

Bromelaine sometimes helps break down proteins in the body that are problematic. I can eat fresh pineapple and get rid of a milk headache sometimes. I don't know if this is information that you can use.

If there is something in your soap that sensitizes your body, it can adjuvate the reactions to foods consume. Maybe it is your soap or something you put on your body. The proper Microbes on our skin can help protect us, the wrong ones or none at all give us problems.

Sorry I can't actually give you any direct answers.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I would recommend a PET scan on your brain, a bone scan with micrography and barium dye, and also suggest being tested for Lyme disease, if you haven't already. Not a doctor. But this is what I would pursue next.

As to your second post, I completely understand and feel for your predicament and know you are NOT WHINING. Having said that, I hope things get better for you, somehow. I suffer from seemingly "undiagnoseable" issues as well, though I know they are quite diagnoseable.......

Suffering, no matter why, should not be the state of your life. You've likely done nothing to deserve it, either......not that anyone has. But I've notice, of late, that those who suffer usually are the ones who should not be suffering.
JMHO
Will think of you often, with good thoughts and hopes,
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

No lyme disease. I have been treated after a tick bite a few years ago. This has been going on with me since I was very very small (40+ years). I have seen infectious disease docs, allergists..etc.

I have confirmed extreme allergies. I am like the bubble boy except I dont need a bubble to live. It might help though!!

No other health issues. Great cholesterol. Great blood pressure. Great lab work.

My only issue is I am allergic to everything!

I do have nasal polyps and a deviated septum from a karate incident in my teens that I refuse to have surgery for, that does contribute to my inability to expel allergins from my nose. That does contribute to my problem.

I am not bedridden. I work. I function. I just am allergic to so many things.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Although I still recommend those tests I described, I will keep looking into what may help stop the body's defense mechanism of allergic reaction, which may help you.....
Tetra50

And good for you that you still do all those functioning things, despite what this must be like to live with....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Have you considered seeking advice from a naturopathic doctor? Especially one who specializes in environmental illness. I have a family history of allergies, and unfortunately it passed on to my children, some severe.
A naturopath looks at your family history, your lifestyle, your environment, and tries to determine what the triggers are. Common allergy testing only covers a small fraction of triggers. Not to mention, a reaction could be from a combination of factors causing your body to go into " toxic overload".
I find conventional medicine useless when it comes to allergies. It's a process of elimination, not a reason to throw drugs at you.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

No I have not thought about a natureopathic doctor. I will try to locate one in my area. I doubt insurance covers it so that could be a problem but I will definitely see. thank yoU!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
Long story short I have had allergies my entire life. (45 years). I have had allergy tests which show I am allergic to practically everything (dust, mold, grass, weeds, trees, all citrus fruits including tomatoes, and anything with fur).

edit on 7-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

Have you tried eliminating common allergy inducing foods from your diet? Not all foods cause overt reactions in people with specific allergies to the offending foods.

Your list of known allergens includes grass and trees. Ingesting those allergens in the form of breads, pastas, peanut butter, etc might not cause a immune response that you are aware of but it could still be occurring. Your body could be in battle mode and overreact to common allergens in the environment.

I'm sorry that you are feeling miserable. I went through desensitization shots as a child and, thankfully, I'm still doing okay with most trees and grass pollens.

But, I've had a issues with soy and dairy my entire life. Within the past 18 months, I've had some very concerning issues that led me to start a trial elimination of gluten containing foods. That was three months ago and I have attempted to add small amounts back into my diet a few times but each time I try, my issues come back even worse.

I hope you find some relief.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If you have been on antihistamines for a while, it is important that you talk to your doctor about decreasing them slowly. The body slows production of natural antihistamines when you start taking the antihistamines and if you withdraw from them too quickly, it can have bad effects. It has to be done gradually.

I know someone who was on quite a few meds and was looking pretty rough and getting weak. It was a woman about forty years old who was on meds from a car accident. The doctor cut her antihistamines down by half and she died a day later from an anaphylactic reaction. She should have been taken down more gradually but it was a reduction that was supposed to be safe to do. She ate a banana before laying down also that night, bananas do cause histamine reactions in most people. That is how bananas usually give us energy. The banana does not usually cause a problem for most people though, most of our bodies are used to it. Histamines often create energy or trigger reactions in the body that are good also, you can't fear small reactions. It is when you can't create the bodies natural antihistamine or can't create it at the right time that there are problems.

We can give you some ideas, but always talk to the doctor. You may be someone who can't properly make antihistamines also. None of us can actually know that for sure. I can only tell you to examine your diet and do some studying when something effects you. Maybe it will help

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am allergic to animal fur and feathers, dust, pollen, mould and some foods.

Regarding the animal fur, feather, dust, pollen and mould allergies, avoidance is the best way of avoiding the symptoms.

As for food, the least reactions I had were when I ate only certain things, long term, basically eliminating dairy, wheat and sugar. For years I ate mostly only chicken, fruit and veg and drank cranberry juice and peppermint tea, I felt very healthy all the time and didn't show any signs of allergy, even being able to eat other things occasionally with no adverse effects.

When pregnant I was told to eat meat and dairy by the midwife who accused me of endangering my child due to anaemia and low weight, I did and gained weight and allergies.

The solution to this was detoxing, after a few years of giving birth I eliminated foods gradually until all that was left was green beans and mineral water, I got extremely underweight but lost the food allergies and intolerance's.

Gradually over the years since then I have eaten dairy and meat and gradually the allergies reappeared, I had hives, some weight gain and lethargy. I was prescribed antihistamine pills and have been taking these a lot over a few years but the symptoms have never totally stopped.

I am now detoxing again, I avoid dairy, meat other than chicken, bananas, strawberries and minimise carbohydrates and I am feeling lots better already. I have realised certain foods were worse than others and eliminating each in a controlled way, it is easier to ascertain which are best avoided. I have stopped taking antihistamines unless there's a high pollen count.

I think there are so many toxins in food and drinks that they affect people in ways they might not realise and the increase in toxins and allergy inducing chemicals has a cumulative effect, and only resets itself with abstinence.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Can you tell me more about detoxing? I have food allergies as well. I am very interested in trying this.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You need to find out which foods you are allergic or intolerant to and those that trigger in intolerances. The best way I have found is gradually eliminating suspect foods.

There is a lot of information online and you should include how detoxing would fit into your lifestyle, obviously taking into account all the H&S aspects. I wouldn't recommend any particular high cost supplement detox, as they are probably just commercial enterprises with little real value.

Personally, I find drinking herbal tea helps, I have culinary lavender daily, added to herbal tea mostly, and find it calms any symptoms but some people can't take lavender, camomile is also good for stomachs and allergies, as is turmeric which prevents and often cures sickness instead of antibiotics which sometimes cause reactions in people, but again some people can't take turmeric.

I also don't drink tap water as it causes intense stomach pains.

This site is pretty good.

www.livelongercleanse.com...

edit on 8-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Hi K21968,

I have major Cerebral/Brain Allergies, too....

www.alternativementalhealth.com...

I discovered Liposomal Vitamin C here on ATS, of all places.

I was open to the idea because I have been using Orthomolecular Vit C for years for infections and colds...

I have been on the protocol for about six weeks now and am feeling the positive effects....the most noticeable being a very fast recovery from many allergy exposures...

Take a look thru this very long but very worthwhile thread and see what I mean

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tarasco

top topics

join