It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preschool teacher removed after playing 'Tongue touching' with student.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

WHITTIER (CBSLA.com) — Parents at Broadoaks Children’s School of Whittier College learned last night about the removal of a teacher following allegations that he played a tongue touching game with a preschool student in February.

The alleged incident was first reported to school officials months ago but parents only got word of it last night during a meeting with administrators.

Ahhh... Another day, another pervert in the ranks of our nation's teachers is found and removed. Just don't pay any attention to the fact it took SEVEN MONTHS (according to one upset parent) to even mention the fact this happened, to parents. I can imagine the response of some parents on that detail alone.

This one has a twist tho. A real ugly twist..... Now the story goes on to say the normal platitudes about how they had to be careful and not say anything without proof ...which they still won't go so far as naming the perv who did this for the story. Finally, after a formal investigation in secrecy, they determined that golly, yes, it really DID happen and no, the report wasn't a fabrication.

Christine Brown, a parent, said the school acted appropriately by not rushing to judgment.

“I think it’s a travesty that any teacher’s career is ruined over an single unproven accusation,” said Brown.

Oh yes. A real travesty and I mean no sarcasm in that, either. Not a bit. The McMartin Preschool case is one I dimly recall from childhood and did a long report with a speech for at the college last year. It stands as a monument to sloppy investigative procedures and literally feeding children testimony so even they believe it by the end.

By the end of THIS, the way this article is geared to basically build sympathy for the school and their position (It's the only way I can take how it's written) it was almost working too. I was ALMOST seeing their point for why school officials and investigators would need the fact a child was abused by a teacher, concealed for a months like this. It was ALMOST starting to sound reasonable.

Then I came to that twist....and, well, this IS ATS. What other ending did you expect?

The accused is also reportedly a son of an administrator.
Source

Justice is truly blind though, isn't it? I'm sure that last detail had nothing whatsoever to do with how this case was handled. Not one bit.

* Given how many of these stories come out these days and how common it's coming to hear about two legged predators and perverts making their way into the very faculty of the schools we rely upon? I just want to note...I believe 95% of teachers to be good, upstanding people. I think at least a majority still care and love their work, too. It's this 5% of PURE PREDATOR....not teacher...who destroy the image and appreciation for all those who earn it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We get what we pay for...

Tragic.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

The safety of the worlds children is a constant concern of mine. If I had a magic wand they would all be healthy, safe, happy and loved with nothing bad happening to them.

As for the teacher and the other vile people like him...I do believe a firing squad is in order.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Disgusting!
He should be in jail, not teaching for 7 months after he fact.
I am amazed some days by the amount of truly sick people in this world.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

i'm gonna give you your customary star and flag.

And just say ...WTF?.......

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I do at least have a solution to offer and it was the other half of the paper and speech I gave on the school abuse topic at the college. I seriously doubt faculty would much like it, and teachers unions would go bonkers in a flash like we've never seen, but I researched it well and considered all the angles before presenting it for a major grade in a course.

If we installed cameras in the classrooms, it would end this issue in all but the most unusual cases. The cameras could be 90% closed system and 100% encrypted. Heck, it could be done with open source stuff to make it a bargain and very likely come out more secure than commercial solutions are anyway. There is nothing that should ever be happening in a classroom a parent can't see and that's the 10% representing a code for them to see via the web and an SSL connection, any time they feel like it. Codes could change annually and be assigned, not chosen as alphanumeric with some depth, if desired. I.E....secure.

Every community has a Community College, something like it or one nearby. These days, networking/IT is pretty much standard issue...and that's your free labor on internship to watch the logs/audit trails for any odd activity while maintaining the overall systems. Really, cheap could be quality too, easily enough.

Just to cover the last real place for abuse like this to happen at a school facility? A simple policy of any less than 2 adults as a pair accompanying any child needing supervision or assistance in the restroom carrying the presumption of wrongdoing. I.E.... Just don't be alone, in total privacy with a student. Ever.

Solutions so simple, I'll bet damn near all the school based abuse could end within a year.....if it meant THAT much to accomplish to those with the ability to order it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Seriously??? Now preschool? So since I made it from preschool through 12th plus college and not one teacher hit on me........... at this point I'm not sure if I was lucky or I should feel offended.

top topics

join