It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Inhofe Statement After Receiving Classified Briefing on Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

This is what the senator had to say after receiving his 'classified briefing'.
It looks like the 'classified briefing' isn't selling the strike ....

Obama hasn't presented a long term strategy or the goal.
Obama hasn't clarified the risks or exit strategy.
Obama hasn't stated his objectives.
Obama hasn't explained how to fund a military intervention.
Our armed forces are too degraded to be able to take this war on.
Obama's cuts in defense have hit us too hard.
Our intelligence has warned us of these things for years and years.
But Obama keeps cutting our military and pushes our military beyond it's limits.
He doesn't believe 'limited campaign' will work or stay limited.
Saddams came out even stronger after a limited strike against him.
Inhofe says an attack against Syria would be catastrophic

More on Sen. Inhofe

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So what was said? I'm sorry but stating things that weren't said doesn't really help us right?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
So what was said? I'm sorry but stating things that weren't said doesn't really help us right?

He can't say exactly what was said in the meeting. That would be a violation of security.
He said WHAT WASN'T SAID. Which is very helpful. Obama didn't make the case.
Not even in the 'classified' briefing.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
personnaly the "classified" part is just to make us all think there is proof of Assad use of WMD on his own people without telling us what that proof is. Our eyes are supposed to glaze over as we accept their secret, 'intelligent' non information as the truth.

More likely they met to discuss how to go ahead anyway. Now that part is top secret.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
personnaly the "classified" part is just to make us all think there is proof of Assad use of WMD on his own people without telling us what that proof is.

I agree. The term 'classified briefing' was thrown around like it's something big and that we all should think that since there is a classified briefing, then we don't have all the facts and we should trust Kerry/Obama.
From this Senators statement, it looks like the 'classified briefing' was just a big waste of time. That's why what he says is important. It tells us that nothing was in the briefing that is noteworthy or trustworthy.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good...

Let us hope that congress stays pat. For some reason I have been getting the spidey sense that the POTUS will get his authorization through a razor thin margin.

I also wonder if this chemical attack is kin to false flag then what else is in the works if the US is not drug into it this time. What is Plan C?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
nevermind

edit on 7-9-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
Flyers, would you remove that info please? specifically due to the part about the cuts and WHAT was cut.

I understand your concern, but No. It's public knowledge.
The senator didn't say anything that was classified.
It's in all the economic newspapers/TV shows as well as in corporate public statements.
Widely known. Nothing classified.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Funny how noone mentions the fact he starts by " 5 months ago I " so if they where in the "loop" 5months why didn't they go public?

Really, a guy like that for me is worse then Obama, he's an opportunist. At this point all those jerks fear if an attack would happen they will be held responsible.

Hang the lot.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Nephalim
Flyers, would you remove that info please? specifically due to the part about the cuts and WHAT was cut.

I understand your concern, but No. It's public knowledge.
The senator didn't say anything that was classified.
It's in all the economic newspapers/TV shows as well as in corporate public statements.
Widely known. Nothing classified.

Ok fair enough.

new topics

top topics

join