It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incredible Stone Age Map ; beyond belief?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Now this is what I want to see more of on ATS, so a cave man whom is supposedly thick demonstrate's a very highly sophisticated level of intelligence that rivals or equals modern man but those whom have built there entire career of dismissing the very idea of an ancient localisation or pre modern human intelligent race with an advanced culture and whom pin there claim on modern thinking humans only being 160 to 200 thousand years old yet again deliberately deny or ignore this.

IT is all about money and reputation as this throws a very large Sabot in the work's for them.

S+F and if I could give more I would.

Too Welshreduk Iceland was probable still mainly submerged a million years ago, it is a new land mass that has been pushed up through vulcanism and may have been up and down a few times, it is essentially ocean bed from the mid Atlantic ridge that has been thrust up through magmatic activity like Hawaii but much larger, Greenland on the other hand is continental rock that used to be connected to northern Scotland way back along the path of continental drift so was definitely there at that time.

edit on 7-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

haha, im sorry, I just cant take people seriously if they cant get there/their and too/to right. I doubt you would recognize "highly sophisticated" if it slapped you in the face.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Yup. Actually, I was being ironic. You missed my point.
Mstream archeology doesn't tell you the whole story. And something is wrong,new discoveries just gives us more clues about what really happened in the past.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by holton0289

Troll I see, I actually feel sorry for you at such a level of intellectual insecurity that you fall on criticism of grammatical or spelling issue's to justify an unrelated comment, people like you are pathetic excuses for human being's whose lives are nothing more than wasted and lost potential that even if you have achieved could have achieved so much more, now you have chosen to show your intellectual inferiority and insecurity by leaving the subject and context of the thread so thoroughly perhaps it is time you went back to were you came from and leave this to the people whom have something even if it is negative opinion to add to the discussion or at least grow up.

Sorry to the moderator's and the thread author for leaving the discussion also but this kind of mockery was a red rag to a bull held by a matador in concrete slippers.

Controversial but you might want to look at this about hominids using fire for cooking possible as long as 1.9 million years ago.
www.livescience.com...
edit on 8-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by holton0289

I agree with you that proper grammar, spelling, and syntax are extremely important if a person wants to be taken seriously and convey a message with a minimal amount of misinterpretation.

That being said, the misuse of homophones is a minor infraction according to Mein Grammarkamf, and does not justify discounting an entire post. Now your wasted post has become two wasted posts.

Edit: Make that three wasted posts. And he doesn't even capitalize anything...why did I respond to the troll?
edit on 8-9-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: Counter-Trolling

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindlouka

My apologies, Mindlouka. I routinely fail to perceive sarcasm, especially in written form.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OMR
welcome to ATS.

1: If this rock was made by early man,which I doubt,it could have been made as art. Why would it be a map-globe?
2:The observational data required to make a map of that large an area requires mobility,teamwork,language,and a great memory-as well as great survival skills in different areas--plus luck.
3:The scale of said object area is so vast as to be worthless for navigation,or any other purpose.

Just my .03

That is why I tend to think that it is not man made,but random nature.
If it is man made-it was probably just used as decoration,and not a globe or map.The designs being again,random chance.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No problem

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSnake
OMR
welcome to ATS.

1: If this rock was made by early man,which I doubt,it could have been made as art. Why would it be a map-globe?
2:The observational data required to make a map of that large an area requires mobility,teamwork,language,and a great memory-as well as great survival skills in different areas--plus luck.
3:The scale of said object area is so vast as to be worthless for navigation,or any other purpose.

Just my .03

That is why I tend to think that it is not man made,but random nature.
If it is man made-it was probably just used as decoration,and not a globe or map.The designs being again,random chance.

Posts like this are why I became a member here. I do a lot of lurking but rarely contribute to forums because it always seems like a futile effort

Solid points all around. Supposing it is truly an artifact pre-dating any civilization that we know of, there are still many unanswerable questions as to its purpose, inspiriation, and creation. If it is real, it only proves that there is much that mainstream archeology pretends to know.

Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMindedRealist

Greetings Hanslune. I think you missed my point. Aside from the fact that weathering and erosion do not act in ways that produce these kinds of shapes in a rock of seemingly uniform composition, the resemblance is evident to anyone with an accurate mental image of our planet.

The planet doesn't look that way compared to any globe you can imagine - it kinda looks like a part of western Europe but isn't.

Why do you think they don't show the rest of the rock?

Any geologist, archeologist, paleontologist, etc. will tell you that it is very easy to spot signs of carving in a rock. Regular geologic processes do not result in raised shapes such as this unless the raised area is of a different chemical composition than the surrounding rock (which would be visibly evident). Rocks may appear to be random in nature, but the science of mineralogy is one of precise, crystalline structures that build upon one another in predictable ways.

Which means what? The rock is probably a natural process that happened, on part of a rock to make something that fainly resembles part of the geographic representation. That is it if its real.

I use to be an archaeologist and I can assure you it can be difficult to tell geofacts from stone tools especially of course if they are damaged, incomplete or primitive.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
England only recently became an Island and was part of mainland Europe. Why is it an island on this "map"? Were they able to see the future?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Reading into things too much? I'd say it's just a rock coincidentally looking a bit like the map of the world...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZordonMV
Reading into things too much? I'd say it's just a rock coincidentally looking a bit like the map of the world...

Not even, unless the world is only Spain and England.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

looks like a rock in connection
with a very active imagination.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The reason you get raised areas is that it's a conglomerate rock with granule-sized clasts (a rock formed from tiny pieces of other rocks, for those of you who didn't suffer through Dr. L's geology class in college. en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindlouka

WoW.They knew how to draw maps but they hadn't got a clue about how to make fire...

How do you know that?

2nd

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It is an interesting assumption that missing land mass means it is isn't a map.

So people here assume that what is here now has always been here in exactly the same form?

People here assume because science says x about how things were, based on nothing more then guessing, that this is how it was?

People here assume that there is no way in hell, ever, never, ever, that things moved even within the last 40 or 50 thousand years?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
reply to post by Hanslune

The reason you get raised areas is that it's a conglomerate rock with granule-sized clasts (a rock formed from tiny pieces of other rocks, for those of you who didn't suffer through Dr. L's geology class in college. en.wikipedia.org...)

Thanks, knew I should have married a geologist. I do remember TAKING my geology for archaeologist class but not a thing about what the guy was talking about - but do remember the field trip to the lava fields of the big Island.
edit on 9/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thinking about it some more, the pebble's shape looks awfuly like a largish asteroid (perhaps just a bit more elongated and rounded than Vesta).....

Does this mean that Europe and Greenland are actually from outer space?!!! What if they were originally an asteroid which collided with Earth millions of years ago! The map then was presumably made by the asteroid-dwelling Europeans before their mini-planet crashed into the Earth .....

And is it possible that some asteroid-Europeans (who were obviously more advanced than any Earth homonids at the time) survived, giving rise to legends of gods and space aliens etc and perhaps mating with Earth homonids to produce homo sapiens? I think so!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
so this is what happens to scrying stones when they are lost for a very long time ... fractals do the darndest things...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that it's a deliberate attempt at cartography, It is a very nice rock though...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join