It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incredible Stone Age Map ; beyond belief?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Argyll
Wow!....So 500,000 years ago Portugal had a recognised border with Spain.......who'd have thunk it!

I found a potato once that looked a little bit like a badger sitting on a wall.....turns out it was just a potato after all though.

Yeah but how old was that potato? If it was a 50 million year old potato then how could the people back then know of badgers before they evolved into badgers? Answer me that, huh! ANSWER ME THAT!

If it was a potato...add a million years...it turned into a rock!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
ummm...psssst....England land mass is not above France....but you know we all must have a imagination....so I imagine this to be made up....like each person seeing something different within
an image....now where is my ink blot test.

10,000 years ago, the UK wasn't an island, it would connected directly to Europe by a land mass called "Doggerland". In the past 400 years, the coastline of the UK has receded by 3 miles. After a world tour taking it from North America to the South Pole and back up North, Scotland "joined" England 410 million years ago.

16 million years ago, Iceland didn't exist - it was formed by one or more volcanic eruptions.
en.wikipedia.org...

Between then and now, the world has had ten or so ice ages:
en.wikipedia.org...

If that stone was really carved 1 million years ago, it should match the coastline of today give or take 100 kilometers each way.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very interesting. I think it is a map or a crude representation of one? I think it was carved out and made and of course has some obvious errors but then also erosion and what not. it is a million years old after all? But there would need to be some collaborating evidence right? Some other carvings from this area or time, I would think?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Neat correlation of a coincidental nature inkblot to man's psyche trying frantically to impose order by way of a map.

To whom wondered why Ireland wasn't represented, I'd suggest (even though I think it's more likely a natural coincidence) that the wedge shaped British landmass would include Ireland on the left... though wouldn't it be a peninsula, not an island at 1 million BCE?

Either way, neat how the blue outlines the rough landmass shape like water and I can see why this raised a few eyebrows, though, alas, it looks to be another case of man's consciousness being mirrored in nature's chaos... which is pretty neat in itself and might be a whole thread worth of meta-physical musings.

Edit: and on further gazing it isn't clear that England is detached... and certain forms are really close to the landmass's contours... but other places sort of fuzz out... just like what one would expect from a chance mass of lines... or just what one would think a million year old cartographer with detailed knowledge of one area and conjecture and/or physical changes making other areas seem "off" to a modern viewer.

But where is Scandinavia? I pine for the fjords...

Curious and if natural, way to go nature!

edit on 9/7/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/7/2013 by Baddogma because: pining

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Oh come on!! anyone can take a rock and see whatever images one wants to see, who from a million yrs ago would or could make a world map!!!..if the answer is E.Ts then that advanced space faring civilization sucked as we would be able to do a much better job.

Mind you I am open to many things but this???..I need waay more.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i think its a fine looking rock,
if you look at it sideways it looks like a bear..teeth and everything!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why is it egg shaped?

... seems an odd shape to make a map... it seems if they had the knowledge and skills to accurately map such a large area, they probably would have also made maps of a useful nature. Maps that cover large areas tend to be large so it can convey an adequate level of detail.

This rock looks like it would fit in the hand. Maps of this size tend to be of localised areas so they are useful to the people carrying them. A map of such a large area doesn't seem particularly useful as a handheld tool... not unless the rock includes a touchscreen.

I'm tending towards interesting rock.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oh gost a rock, just a rock, haven't been able to say that much since the Mars' days......
edit on 7/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Oh gost a rock, just a rock, haven't been able to say that much since the Mars' days......

At least it's not a rat or a alien!

edit on 7-9-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

Originally posted by Hanslune

At least it's not a rat or a alien!

edit on 7-9-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

Yep - Or a parrot or all the other cute things seen by believers on Mars. There was a guy going around with pebbles that kinda looked like animals - he'd love that rock I bet.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
well everybody that scrolled down to the pictures was amazed I'd say. I was. There are a lot of physical similarities everyone can recognize. But a map? Seems a bit far fetched, but look at it......! Hope more is found at the site to corroberate the theory. You have to at least admit, some of the stuff is right in the proper places map-wise.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
X bazillions of rocks
Y millions of years
X(Y) = a hell of a lot of variations in rock shape,design composition.

You have all heard of the statement that in an infinite number of monkeys given a pen and paper,one would produce the works of Beethoven. Mother nature is not immune to the laws of chance. And odds are somewhere,the earth has a rock that looks like a globe made by Rand McNally. We just have not found it yet.

But when we do,it is not proof that our ancestors had GPS and mapping satellites.

What I find much more interesting than this are the tunnels found connecting europe

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
well everybody that scrolled down to the pictures was amazed I'd say. I was. There are a lot of physical similarities everyone can recognize. But a map? Seems a bit far fetched, but look at it......! Hope more is found at the site to corroberate the theory. You have to at least admit, some of the stuff is right in the proper places map-wise.

Yes a theory.... but this ATS.... What if it is true???? We have been lied before....Scientists have lost there jobs publishing there ancient findings . So what else is new.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Looks like a well weathered -------> ROCK!
Thanks for the pic though.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

I can't believe your entertaining this and trying to actually explain tectonic plate movement which was only introduced when i was a kid in school...please don't go there...because it does not work...continental drift does not cover this...England separated from mainland Europe...it did not move out around and then south....some times I think people will just believe anything....but trying to explain this just by throwing that out without thinking is just nuts....I took that into account my friend...and guess what....using logical thought....IT IS Wrong....and that is why the scientific community has deemed this farcical...but nice try at baffling with ...you know the word....and some foolish person starred you...lmao.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I do believe ancient man was more advanced than we think, I even think it highly likely there have been other civilisations as advanced or even more advanced than ours in the distant past.

Unfortunately I think this is either a lucky coincidence or hoax, forgetting the missing Iceland and Scandinavia for a minute, what about the rivers????

Rivers move constantly if not prevented from doing so, the Nile as an example has moved a few miles in just a couple thousand years.

Even if a Million years ago the landmasses were recognisable and comparable to todays there is not even a slim chance this would be the case with any rivers.

Id love if this was the real deal but I dont believe it is
edit on 7/9/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSnake

What I find much more interesting than this are the tunnels found connecting europe

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ah they don't actually 'connect' the news reported kinda over stated the extent.

'In Bavaria in Germany alone we have found 700 metres of these underground tunnel networks (in Germany). In Styria in Austria we have found 350 metres,' he said.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

Originally posted by Plotus

Yes a theory.... but this ATS.... What if it is true???? We have been lied before....Scientists have lost there jobs publishing there ancient findings . So what else is new.

Like who? Oh and before you state the name - please look up and make sure the claim isn't just a fringe one, find a non-fringe confirmation, thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Iceland is volcanic.
so when they did the map
it was not there!

Originally posted by welshreduk
if they new about Greenland they must have known about Iceland yet Iceland has been left off the map.

So either this is just a rock that happens to look like a map or they ignored the existence of Iceland.

Cool that the natural features of the rock make it look like this but it is nothing more than chance.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

its just a rock

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join