It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 Year Old Veteran Murdered by Police for Refusing Medication

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ah... After all these years of abuse with Taser and militarized tactics, the police still haven't leaned a thing! In this day and age cops will never be respected until they drop the itchy finger wannabe military attitude...

all because he adamantly refused to undergo high-risk surgery! 95 years old, damn... If it was my grandpa I'd be going apeship on these cop/losers...

edit on 7-9-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

In this day and age cops will never be respected until they drop the wannabe military attitude...

Which is unlikely to happen since A) so many ex-mil/veterans in probably record numbers are joining the police force (who ONLY know battlefield tactics and methods) and B) those new officers in training are being trained and conditioned with, by, and for military tactics, methods, and SOP to view CITIZENS and anyone not themselves as the enemy.

Not so much wannabe as actual military attitude.

Since military can't operate domestically against citizens, just militarize the domestic police.

That's the intent.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
survived the old Nazis then killed by the new nazis

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

But if I have to draw down on your, your life is in grave danger. If i have to fire, i am shooting to kill.

Do you think you would have the need to draw down on a 95 year old man in a walker if he wasn't pointing a firearm at you? Even if your weapon was loaded with bean bag rounds?

edit on 9/7/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

I have been trained to deal with a 95 year old, physically aggressive, mentally ill person. And likely would only use words "against" them.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Not so much wannabe as actual military attitude.

I wouldn't count post military... it's all in their heads afterwards. They're just having a fantasy of continuing their military experience. As well they are just asking for a war... I think eventually we will see someone slaughter some bad cops... It's bound to happen, I can foresee their war ending in a doughnut shop.

edit on 7-9-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
After the HIT squad is done with their work, are the member's names available via an FOIA or other request?

These HIT squad members have no fear since there is little if any repercussion from carrying out their tasks since they are supposedly enforcing the "law" (Judge Dredd style) and apparently immune. (Regardless, they still bleed too.)

Once one has the name of an individual, a quick online search of the county tax records will give their home address, assuming they own a home. Vehicle information is also available.

What one chooses to do with that information is up to them. I can only hope something like this never happens to someone I love. I wouldn't be able to let it go and sit idly by while these miscreants are allowed to continue their reign of terror.
edit on 7-9-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
We have to be very careful about these reports of police brutality. CointelPro and manNthemiddle is used regularly.

PSYOPS is easy to identify and decipher once ya get a good base line.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
r.i.p these police officers are getting out of control

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
must be the "no hesitation training" paying off.

good job boys, now for the pregnant ladies and girl scouts.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
He made a decision he didn't want to go the hospital and have surgery...shame on everyone involved in this.....no one listened to him, then called the cops, makes me sick !!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I read this, and a few minutes later I got in the car to stop down to the store, and there was a speech referring to this John Donne quote: “Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.”

It was a Martin Luther King speech, and putting aside all of the treacle we've been treated to lately, I liked the speech. He opened with jokes, and he was funny, which was surprising. (I'll admit I don't sit around and listen to civil rights speeches all day.)

But it really brought into focus that what you're talking about is exercising a sense of common cause with those who are not in a position to defend themselves or speak persuasively on their own behalf. As a liberal, I agree with you. So, happy day.

To the commenter who suggested a PAC, I'd say there's probably a better idea. Start a non-profit, a legal fund, that channels money to parties who are suing the police. There is not much political will for opposing the police, so the best remedy is in the courts. If the non-profit becomes large enough, it can grow a lobbying arm, but that's later.
edit on 7-9-2013 by michael22 because: correcting sentence agreement, non-substantive to argument

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ive known since I was a kid, that Cops are the enemy.

To this very day, whenever I see a cop, there's this sinking feeling in my stomach.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

You do still find good cops,decent men-in your police force,and in my country's own-its just that its supposed to be the norm for cops to behave with decency,responsibility,so one does not hear about the good guys going about their jobs behaving in a decent reasonable way.But there are still good cops-even if you look at it in terms of statistics.Take any group of people in any career/religion/community/state/whatever demographic you choose-there are and will always be the good eggs too.

But I Do understand your anger-this makes me sick-the way these pisspoor excuses for human beings are behaving-it is beyond contempt.Sick,sick,and pathetic-who are they hiring into the police force these days,for the love of God???? I have been on ATS for more than a year+when I first read of these incidents of grossly unnecessary force towards American citizens-i figured it must be the statistics at work-the bad lot whose rottenworks makes the news because it is such an uncommon incident.
But no,it has become evident to me,that this is becoming a "trend".

I am so saddened and sickened by this-this old guy was a veteran-which meant he put his own life on the line for his country-and the population there-of,also their descendants-and this is how he is treated at the age of 95-brutalised to death by thugs who are legally equipped with deadly weapons.
Btw I have to add that any young person entering the army,or considering it- should start taking a long hard look at the way veterans are treated these days-for that will be them some years down the line,always assuming they survive being cannon fodder for the sick wargames of the ones at the top,the politicians,presidents,world rulers+corporate interests.
But that's in general-aged veterans are after all not the only ones at risk of dying at the hands of an American cop these days-Any and Everyone is fair game-and that is the deeply disturbing part.
Who is next?
edit on 8-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If I type what I feel, I'll get arrested. What else is there to say?

Land of the free my ass.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Maybe the new Google glasses can be a good thing if every law enforcement officer is forced to wear them

That is a good idean, but I say go one better.
Have a special organization that monitors those google glass attachments 24/7 and have the thing outfitted with a shocker and if the person monitoring their view see the officer getting out of line just give him a little shock.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
If I type what I feel, I'll get arrested. What else is there to say?

Land of the free my ass.

you are commiting a thought crime!
your door could still be kicked in

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

INDEED.

Why is all this increasing exponentially?

1. Demonic forces flooding out from hell the closer we get to The Great Tribulation and the AC's rule?

2. Black ops brainwashing, mind control stuff winding up LEO's as tyrannical gestapo a bit ahead of the whole class of folks being so conditioned?

3. Chronic anger, ATTACHMENT DISORDER stuff driving frayed individuals over the edge in carefully conditioned tyrannical, authoritarian ways?

4. What?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be cool if ANONYMOUS had like a faction of Justice-based Ground troops.

Every time a Cop does something dirty, he gets paid a visit by the Justice Squad, aka a bunch of anonymous citizens who teach lessons with force. Like a whole squadron of Guy Fawkes.

Make it a global Justice system and slowly weed out the corrupt and crooked one by one, country by country

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by michael22

To the commenter who suggested a PAC, I'd say there's probably a better idea. Start a non-profit, a legal fund, that channels money to parties who are suing the police. There is not much political will for opposing the police, so the best remedy is in the courts. If the non-profit becomes large enough, it can grow a lobbying arm, but that's later.

I think these are great ideas and should be pursued. At the very least, it would communicate the public disgust over rampant state thuggery.

In the end, the solution has to be the reduction of power and purse to these abusers of the public's (perhaps misguided) trust.

The flaw that I see with simply using the judicial system to attempt to restrain an already corrupt and bloated apparatus is that any victories can only result in monetary reparations and maybe some criminal convictions, all of which are ultimately funded by us, the very same people enduring the abuse.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

The flaw that I see with simply using the judicial system to attempt to restrain an already corrupt and bloated apparatus is that any victories can only result in monetary reparations and maybe some criminal convictions, all of which are ultimately funded by us, the very same people enduring the abuse.

Stipulated; It's not a perfect solution, but it is the most attainable. It stands to reason that cash-strapped towns and cities will begin to ask questions of their police chiefs if the 2-million-dollar settlement was really worth it to the taxpayers, and that will (putatively) begin a public dialogue about police methods. A mature legal fund organization that grew a lobbying arm could begin to peddle local legislation about use of force, and that would feed a reasoned dialogue, and so on and so forth.

I was in Holland a very long time ago, and there were several heavily drugged-out gentlemen pursuing a full and frank exchange of ideas on the street in the afternoon. One cop lady who *might* have been 4' 11", by herself, walked up and calmly asked them what they were so upset at one another about, since it looked an awful lot like they had been punching one another, and that this couldn't possibly be the best way to resolve their differences.

They all suddenly became embarrassed, and realized they were causing a scene, and she mediated the problem, and they talked through their problems for a few minutes, and they all left calmly. True story.

Half-serious proposal: In the US, there's a minimum height for staties. What about a maximum height?

#Christ, now I can never run for congress.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join