It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery From Above In Brooklyn As Chunks Of Ice Fall From The Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
CBS New York

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Chunks of ice apparently fell from the sky on an 80-degree day in Brooklyn. The question is, where did they come from? Terry Blasi and Louie Vitale said they were sitting on Blasi’s porch on Wednesday when something the size of a softball crashed through the trees. “All of a sudden something had come down through the trees really loud and then a loud thump on the ground,”

The ice probably came from a plane coming in to land at JFK Airport but I find the witnesses theories to be much more interesting.
Isn't airplane ice supposed to be blue?

Some neighbors offered other theories. “I hope it’s not from outer space. Those things are radioactive,” a man named Dave said. Blasi’s family is worried. “My step-daughter grabbed the baby, panicked, ran, grabbed the baby, said it was extra-terrestrials,” Terry said.

edit on 9/7/2013 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/7/2013 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

So its a chunk of ice fell from the sky not chunks of ice as were lead to believe by your title?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd agree with you, it's probably airplane ice.

What gets me though is the reaction of those folks! That's something out of movies based in the fifties!

On a serious note though, wow of that thing hit you...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

This reminds me of the scene from " The Day After Tomorrow "

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

It's not my title.
T&C states that we use the original title of the news source.
Thanks for your valuable input, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
reply to post by zedy63

It's not my title.

Thats only on breaking alternative news you can choose whatever title you want in other forums.

Toilet waste from a plane is blue. that might have fallen off a wing or another part of the plane.

edit on 7-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They used to drop the toilet ice but I don't think they do that any longer and it would probably be blue or green. I imagine this came from the flap well or wing of an aircraft that was flying at real high altitudes where ice can form. On decent the ice would heat up, break free and fall.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Maybe somebody was defrosting their freezer and threw the ice out of a window and it fell through the trees where the people were sitting.....could be as simple as that

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by zedy63

It's not my title.

ah i see ok sorry

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

My bad
Phoenix has set me straight.

I thought that rule applied to all forums.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

reply to post by zedy63

It's not my title.

Thats only on breaking alternative news you can choose whatever title you want in other forums.

Toilrt waste from a plane is blue. that might have fallen off a wing or another part of the plane. .

Most likely, but where is the fun in that? I choose to believe that it was dangerous radioactive extraterrestrial ice.
But that's just me.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

That would be a little startling.

I was kind of hoping that this was another story on a grander scale, like this one...LOL!

Residents stunned as hundreds of fish fall out of the sky over remote Australian desert town

The fish were all alive when they hit the ground so they would have been alive when they were up there flying around the sky.

'When I told my family, who live in another part of Australia, about the fish falling from the sky, they thought I'd lost the plot.

'But no, I haven't lost my marbles. All I can say is that I'm thankful that it didn't rain crocodiles!'

Meterologists say the incident was probably caused by a tornado. It is common for tornados to suck up water and fish from rivers and drop them hundreds of miles away.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 7-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I have always loved those stories about rains of frogs and fish and gelatinous globs.
It would be very cool to witness something like that.

Big chunks of ice? Not so much.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by zedy63

My bad
Phoenix has set me straight.

I thought that rule applied to all forums.

It doesn't matter what forum it is. It's good practice to continue using the title from your source. You don't have to please anyone here by adjusting a title!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Most likely, but where is the fun in that? I choose to believe that it was dangerous radioactive extraterrestrial ice. But that's just me

lol...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's a "Megacryometeor". No way to describe it really other then a big ice chunk that forms in the upper atmosphere and drops when it's heavy enough
edit on 7-9-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The upper atmosphere is cold to a certain point then gets very warm after that before fading into space. If the global atmosphere is cooling into another ice age, it could mean that the blanket of warmth above us is stable and diminishing, probably due to the lack of solar sunspot activity. It's a guess anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I had to look that one up. Here's the Wiki Megacryometeor

A megacryometeor is a very large chunk of ice which, despite sharing many textural, hydro-chemical and isotopic features detected in large hailstones, is formed under unusual atmospheric conditions which clearly differ from those of the cumulonimbus cloud scenario (i.e. clear-sky conditions). They are sometimes called huge hailstones, but do not need to form in thunderstorms. Jesus Martinez-Frias, a planetary geologist at the Center for Astrobiology in Madrid, pioneered research into megacryometeors in January 2000 after ice chunks weighing up to 6.6 pounds (3.0 kg) rained on Spain out of cloudless skies for ten days. An ice chunk was discovered in el kmeysat, Morocco in a farmer's field in December 2012.

That's very interesting. Never heard of them.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The blue ice that falls from planes is usually only when the system leaks, and it goes out a vent and freezes. Then it drops off from either airflow, or temperature increases as they come in to land.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
large Commercial aircraft have not only the black water holding tank but they also have a fresh water tank for the sinks and other uses.

This tank has a filler and drain. The drains sometimes leak at altitude and freeze. This will give you clear aircraft ice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join