It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Volcano on Earth Just Discovered - It is the size of New Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The largest single volcano on Earth lay quietly hiding in the depths of the Pacific Ocean, about a thousand miles east of Japan, having been extinct for millions of years. Scientists have now discovered the dome-shaped behemoth, which has a footprint the size of New Mexico. The discovery topples the previous world-record holder for largest volcano — Mauna Loa, one of the five that form the Big Island of Hawaii. The area covered by the newly discovered volcano rivals the biggest volcano in the solar system, Olympus Mons on Mars.

www.ascensionwithearth.com...

Situated in the Pacific, this volcano took over 2 decades and a year at sea to make. It is evident that we know very little about our planet. Do not worry they do not think this bad boy is going to go off any time soon..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I thought we knew everything about the surface of the planet.

Exactly how did we miss a volcano the size of New Mexico? Are they saying that it just popped up in the last two decades?

Edit: I see, they think it took two decades and a year to make millions of years ago? I am confused.

Renews my interest in Hybrasil for sure!

Thanks for the post!

edit on 7-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join