It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Rudd concedes defeat, Australia to have new PM

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Abbott is a figurehead. Cabinet will run the country as it should. I am glad Labor lost, very glad. But is the cure worse than the disease?

Both parties suck!

P

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by amraks
better than a PM with some rockstar ego

You do not know much about KRudd...

www.couriermail.com.au...

Having a hissy fit because he could not find a hairdryer

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

yet another hissy fit because he could not get his vegemite sandwich

He was just a prima donna, everything had to be about Rudd.

little things like that don't phrase me mate. The media must really amuse you though. I am amused by the fact you are phrased about this, to let everything in you're media point a views to control you.

The 23-year-old air force staffer wept and reported the matter to the senior cabin attendant after Mr Rudd reacted "strongly" when told his meal request could not be met.

Scenario:
I wonder how much money influenced this 23 year old. Video or it didn't happen as the UFO experts would say. I would say 10 grand pay out from Murdoch made her a happy little Vegemite.

Or the article was fabricated by murdoch's staff.

also fact Them articles are from Murdoch news papers. this is stuff you find when your brain can not process political correctness. Bad publicity will always stick to sheeple minds. media spin doctors are always at it to [

Also note these articles are from 2009 before Julia knifed him. Murdoch don't like Rudd. sheeple don't like Rudd because they read Murdoch brainwash.
edit on 7-9-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
and it has used it's position of power to run a smear campaign against labor. It was an election by media.

Typical labor voter, wanting to blame anyone and everyone else, instead of blaming the real problem, Rudd and labor!

I was kind of thinking that myself and how, without even living in Australia or knowing more than American media has covered of it? The comments and notes I see around the net right now could basically be taken right from the losing side of our own elections in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012. Sour Grapes and blame every evil out there seems the default fall back on either side ....

I guess it's something to at least know we aren't the only nation where politics is a dirty dirty business as standard operating procedure but also people blame everyone and everything but their own losing side for having lost.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I got 99 problems and my country being run by a racist, homophobic, fundamentalist christian, misogynistic bigot is mostly all of them.

That's all I have to say about that.

Oh...except for the fact that while Labor inherited a large surplus they had to spend it keeping Australia out of trouble in the GFC. Amazing how quickly people forget that.

BTW I didn't vote Labor OR Liberal - if I told you who I voted for I would be extradited to the U.S. by the N.S.A.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Yes, and we are going to have an internet filter just like the labour party tried to bring in. More evidence that either they are talking instructions from a higher level of government than goverment or that labour and liberal are just the two wings of the same bird-of-prey.

We get to choose the pilot but the flight plan remains the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by learnatic
We get to choose the pilot but the flight plan remains the same.

good way of putting that.

Must be a script they need to follow.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

You're both right and wrong there. The Liberals did say they were going to implement a filter but they 'clarified' their statement on friday.

"The Coalition has never supported mandatory internet filtering. Indeed, we have a long record of opposing it," he said.

"The policy which was issued today was poorly worded and incorrectly indicated that the Coalition supported an 'opt-out' system of internet filtering for both mobile and fixed-line services. That is not our policy and never has been.

"The correct position is that the Coalition will encourage mobile phone and internet service providers to make available software, which parents can choose to install on their own devices to protect their children from inappropriate material."

Source

Roswell.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Mr Sheen out...about time. Rabbott in...what a muppet...life just gets better.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Phoney Baloney Tony the Crony Abbott and his Liberal / National team!

We now have #ty Fiber to the node Internet!

How fast is the nbn? Do the tests then sign the petition!

Everything like G.S.T. increased to 25%

Bills will blow out! great fun!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I got 99 problems and my country being run by a racist, homophobic, fundamentalist christian, misogynistic bigot is mostly all of them.

Do you have any evidence to support your above claims?

I am no fan of either major party, but I do tire of the "racist/homophobic/misogynist/bigot" cards being thrown around so freely.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by Kryties

Do you have any evidence to support your above claims?

I am no fan of either major party, but I do tire of the "racist/homophobic/misogynist/bigot" cards being thrown around so freely.

proof enough?

radio interview.

Liberals just seem like one big fraternity. something you see on the movies.

Compares women having a baby, to men going on holiday.

edit on 9-9-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I'm not going to spend my time discussing the "merits" of the videos presented, because we both know your mind has already been moulded by the material presented to you.

Instead of taking the time to defend Abbott, which I feel no compulsion to do, I encourage you to do some research on his life and you should realise that many of the claims made about him by the media are untrue.

Remember, sometimes actions speak louder than words.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I have researched his life and I stand by my conclusions 100%.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Dark Ghost
reply to post by amraks

I'm not going to spend my time discussing the "merits" of the videos presented, because we both know your mind has already been moulded by the material presented to you.

Instead of taking the time to defend Abbott, which I feel no compulsion to do, I encourage you to do some research on his life and you should realise that many of the claims made about him by the media are untrue.

Remember, sometimes actions speak louder than words.

Oh god face palm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join